Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Is THAT why my head hurts tonite.........

(hope you got past the gramma mistakes)

7549556.jpg

Regards,
Uncle Jack ;)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I just received a beta P3 that was updated to V38 and there is a flickering issue with the display screen. It's similar to what @JohnD0406 described during testing*, except mine is happening at all brightness levels. I sent John a PM to see if his problem was ever resolved, but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this. Everything else appears to work fine.

*Official ProVari 3 Thread - P3

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
I just received a beta P3 that was updated to V38 and there is a flickering issue with the display screen. It's similar to what @JohnD0406 described during testing*, except mine is happening at all brightness levels. I sent John a PM to see if his problem was ever resolved, but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this. Everything else appears to work fine.

I don't have V38, so I am no help. But I do have a V36, No flickering with it.

I should update it.:facepalm:

I do have one of those programmers in a box somewhere.:blush:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I don't have V38, so I am no help. But I do have a V36, No flickering with it.

I should update it.:facepalm:

I do have one of those programmers in a box somewhere.:blush:

I don't know if it really has to do with the version, that was just when it showed up for John. I have nothing to compare it with, since my others are V35 and V36.

It came with the old style end cap, so I tried it with a bigger spring cap and the solid cap - no difference. It doesn't matter what size battery I use either. I rarely look at the menu, so it's not a big deal, I'm only wondering if this is is a sign that the board is going bad. The guy I bought from said it worked fine the last time he used it and I believe him.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States

I had a P3 Beta with a scrolling issue on the screen, but my screen was also very dim. It was V38. I sent it in to Bill and he replaced the screen and updated it to V41 and it looks normal now. The O-ring was also replaced when he was fixing everything else. It cost $40, which seemed pretty reasonable to me.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I had a P3 Beta with a scrolling issue on the screen, but my screen was also very dim. It was V38. I sent it in to Bill and he replaced the screen and updated it to V41 and it looks normal now. The O-ring was also replaced when he was fixing everything else. It cost $40, which seemed pretty reasonable to me.

Dim and scrolling are exactly what's going on here. I'll drop Bill a note. Thank you.

theday1smine

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2017
CA
YAR! ARGH!
Im always late to the party!
(REMOVED) Lol. That seems to be all that I am asking these days.
That's a nice haul @Ocelot.

Regardless. I thought I'd introduce myself, as I'm a provari freak, and this seems to be the place where all provari dreams come true.

Last edited by a moderator:

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread