The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Provape devices

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by Ca Ike, Mar 7, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Gees! There is a polished stainless steel 2.5 (full size) on eBay described as:
    "UP FOR SALE IS THE ULTRA RARE CHROME AUTHENTIC RARE AND VERY HARD TO FIND PROVAPE PROVARI IN CHROME BRAND NEW IN THE BOX WITH THE MATCHING EXTENSION SO THAT YOU CAN USE 18650 BATTERY." I'm surprised "haunted" isn't in the description somewhere.

• Like Like x 4
  2. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Vaping: It's not the Queen's Puzzle Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    It's implied subliminally, and will be inferred upon sight.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  3. 1/2 fast

1/2 fast Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2013
    SW Ohio
    Wait! An eBay ad that didn't state that whatever was for sale is "vintage"??? Didn't think such a thing existed........:unsure:

• Like Like x 5
  4. BreSha6869

BreSha6869 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    Super rare. Yup. They only made hundreds of thousands in the last 6-7 years.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
  5. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    Well, I've adapted to using a couple other devices that can buck down decently for my needs and it's been a couple weeks since I used my daily driver 2.5 as I loaned it out. It's been interesting getting used to different features, hand feel and glitches, but nice to know there are other options that can be pretty satisfying.

That said, I find myself "borrowing" my wife's 2.5 regularly. Nothing quite compares and it's still my favorite.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Ca Ike

Ca Ike Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2014
    Cali
    Been grabbing a few extra provaris of all models just for that reason BB. I did test a dicodes for a bit and it's a Provari rival for sure.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Tomasius74

Tomasius74 Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 12, 2016
    Mexico
    Hi guys, I have 2 questions:

1. The Procyon showed a message about having an internal failure just after placing an atty. But I took out the battery and rebooted the device and is working flawlessly. Do you think I should send it to Bill? Any thoughts about what happened?

2. The Procyon is the stainless steel version (brushed not shiny). What do you use to clean it. I've noticed some spots on it, can it be because of hand sweat?

• Like Like x 2
  8. coldgin96

coldgin96 MADE IN U.S.A. Verified Member ECF Veteran

1. That happened the very first time I inserted a battery into my Procyon. If ProVape would've been around, I would've emailed them but since they are not, I just figured I'd see what would happen to see if I needed to contact Bill or not. That was at the beginning of June. It has worked flawlessly ever since.

2. No answer.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Ca Ike

Ca Ike Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2014
    Cali
    If it works for several battery changes then don't worry about it. As for cleaning the tube, dish soap mostly or a good SS cleaner/polish if needed. Provape used top quality SS so even the saltiest sweat shouldn't stain it.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Tomasius74

Tomasius74 Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 12, 2016
    Mexico
    Thanks!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Frenchfry1942

Frenchfry1942 Chillin' Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    Sky Island
    Hi All, (It has been awhile :yawn:)
    I got to D.C. with the election and just came back to AZ. 11-12 hour days was getting old without family around. But, I am doing that here. I tried to retire, but I am just to antsy. I don't even ride the pig much.
    Anyway, I updated the programming on my Radii to the 40CC and got some SS316L to try a version of temp control for the first time ever. (yaaa...(whatever)) But, the manual that I have has no instructions for using the new feature. Anyone have a cheat sheet?

Thanks,
    Frenchfry

• Like Like x 3
  12. jwbnyc

jwbnyc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 4, 2014
  13. MikeE3

MikeE3 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Keep us posted please how you make out. I just updated one too, but didn't load the CC version. I hadn't heard too many success stories with it, so skipped it.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Frenchfry1942

Jan 12, 2014
    Sky Island
    Thanks! I am using My Kayfun v5 is at 1.1 ohms. The chart seems to show drop-in coils, but SS316L is still SS so I will start at G and work down.

It is only one topper that I am using for the experimenting.

Update...I tried it on the higher letters and all of the numbers...exceeded 40 every time. It is a 60w Radius. I will tinker tonight. Off to work.

Thanks! for the PDF.

FF

• Like Like x 3
  15. newyork13

newyork13 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    I'd completely forgotten that the Radius can do TC. Of course mine is only the 40w.
    Please keep us posted with your experiences @Frenchfry1942

• Like Like x 3
  16. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I didn't think that the Radius did TC. I just scanned thru the manual and didn't see it mentioned. I have the 60 watt Radius.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Frenchfry1942

Jan 12, 2014
    Sky Island
    I got a vague reference about the settings from the link above and tinkered with it... It just kept telling me to adjust and between the 9 letter designated categories and the 7 power levels I just kept getting more "try again".

I just rebuilt two toppers with Kanthal. That's how I see it. Provape needs a finer tuning of it. I would call them, but...who would answer.

Kanthal meets my needs. 6 wraps on a 3.0 widget.

• Like Like x 3
  18. ENAUD

ENAUD Just some guy that vapes Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    When they released their method of TC, I just kind of chuckled to myself and said...yeah....no. I'll wait till they figure out something more concrete...

• Like Like x 4
  19. ENAUD

ENAUD Just some guy that vapes Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    ... Then they were gone.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Katdarling

Katdarling Bling Kween and spreadsheet monster. ;) Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    The Danger Zone
    RIP Provape.

Or, suck up Mai Tais and eat tons of kalua pork with a tad of poi.

Find macadamia trees, and search for Santas on Surfboards.

• Like Like x 2