Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I hear that but why do this over going to provape for the service? Just trying to understand the benefits.
One benefit is that Zen squishes an O-ring under the top cap to keep the board in place, so if the little glue dots fail, ( that is the only thing maintaining the boards position with ProVapes construction) the O-ring will keep the board in position. I personally have sent several ProVari's back to ProVape to have the boards re-glued...At 45$ and considering the possibility that it all might go away for us in the future, the HOH P3 upgrade is a worthy consideration.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I have a unavailable satin black original top cap 2.5 provari, i think i'm better off buying a new 2.5 with the upgraded top on it then messing with this rare color
You are better to get a new one at the unbelievably low price they are clearing these out at. These 2.5 prices are the best deal in vape gear ever!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
My V2 ProVari was working fine, I changed the battery and it wouldn't turn on. I saw some flashes of the button when I was screwing the end cap on but then nothing.

That is what can happen when you don't perform periodic cleaning of the positive pin inside your ProVari. Upon inspection, mine was almost entirely black from carbon. I had been running a Genesis atomizer on it for a few months, and never once flipped it over to look inside. Did the old iso 99% cleaning and she's firing like new again :)

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
My V2 ProVari was working fine, I changed the battery and it wouldn't turn on. I saw some flashes of the button when I was screwing the end cap on but then nothing.

That is what can happen when you don't perform periodic cleaning of the positive pin inside your ProVari. Upon inspection, mine was almost entirely black from carbon. I had been running a Genesis atomizer on it for a few months, and never once flipped it over to look inside. Did the old iso 99% cleaning and she's firing like new again :)
Good PSA. Thx. I have never cleaned the positive pin on any of my 12 Provaris. That shall change.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
One benefit is that Zen squishes an O-ring under the top cap to keep the board in place, so if the little glue dots fail, ( that is the only thing maintaining the boards position with ProVapes construction) the O-ring will keep the board in position. I personally have sent several ProVari's back to ProVape to have the boards re-glued...At 45$ and considering the possibility that it all might go away for us in the future, the HOH P3 upgrade is a worthy consideration.
I sent 3 to Provari for $22 each shipped. I IMed Zen but he didn't respond. Busy guy, I'm sure. I met him in Toronto and he is a great dude. I had a small window to have them shipped to me on Monday in NYC, So I figured ProVape was safe and I love their warranty service.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Sorry not going to read 29 pages, can i send in my 2.5 when my procyon gets here to have them replace my top cap with the p3 version? Oh and if so how much to get it done?

Iirc provape will do top caps on new purchases only. Zen is the authorized retrofit go to guy for all others.

Reactions: AstroTurf

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
As long as they're IMR button tops, I've yet to find one that doesn't. What is happening when you put in the ones that don't work - no flashing as they're first put in and no display?

My first thoughts are whether they are fakes or the contacts are dirty, but there may be something else to look into.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
As long as they're IMR button tops, I've yet to find one that doesn't. What is happening when you put in the ones that don't work - no flashing as they're first put in and no display?

My first thoughts are whether they are fakes or the contacts are dirty, but there may be something else to look into.
How old are they? How old is the spring? When was the last time you cleaned the contacts on the batteries, the charger, the spring or the inside contact pin of your V2.5? What's the voltage of the batteries off the charger?

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I haven't had the chance to read this whole thread yet......
Has anyone had a problem with some button top batteries not working with a 2.5 provari?
I have 4 of the same battery and only one of them will work, they are all 3400 mah Samsung batteries.
Replied to wrong post. Fixed below thanks to copy/paste. I suck.

How old are they? How old is the spring? When was the last time you cleaned the contacts on the batteries, the charger, the spring or the inside contact pin of your V2.5? What's the voltage of the batteries off the charger?

yo419g0tamin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
westland, mi
www.youtube.com
Replied to wrong post. Fixed below thanks to copy/paste. I suck.

2 1/2 years old but they worked the first time only, cleaned everything and still nothing, they work in other devices and 1 of them still work in my 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread