Status
Not open for further replies.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I just bought 2 new batteries from provape, lg batteries and i plan to get lots more as them Panasonic batteries failed me plus they are to long, didn't notice that beforehand.
Excellent! You're gonna love those LG's. I bought a LG HG2 from ProVape a couple of weeks ago. I always put a freshly charged battery in my P3 when leaving the house and haven't been able to stay in the house long enough for the red light on my (or yellow for that matter) P3 to start flashing.

yo419g0tamin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
westland, mi
www.youtube.com
Excellent! You're gonna love those LG's. I bought a LG HG2 from ProVape a couple of weeks ago. I always put a freshly charged battery in my P3 when leaving the house and haven't been able to stay in the house long enough for the red light on my (or yellow for that matter) P3 to start flashing.
Thats how my 3400 mah battery is i love it.

Reactions: AstroTurf

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I just bought 2 new batteries from provape, lg batteries and i plan to get lots more as them Panasonic batteries failed me plus they are to long, didn't notice that beforehand.
Button Top Only for the V2.5

Reactions: LoriP1702

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City

Red is 3 year old AW from provape the green os the 2 1/2 year old Samsung

I think you're right that the button tops on the green ones are a hair too big in diameter to fit within the shoulders in the protected positive connector on the ProVari's board. They are likely rewrapped flat tops with the added button. Nothing wrong with that, but these tops are just a little wide. It's a little frustrating that so many of the newer safe chemistry batteries are only manufactured as flat tops, but they weren't intended for our use in the first place. My Orbrtonic rewraps always have that smaller button much like the AW's.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Yeah, I wouldn't use those Sammies. They're to long.

This is just my advice and opinion. I would use only what ProVape recommends. They put those batteries through extensive testing to come up those recommendations. I'm finding this out the hard way. Back in ROctober, I listened to a couple of peeps on here and bought a couple of AW IMR flat top 18650 3000mAh for my P3 and they :censored:ing suck. Sure, they last a long time on a charge but having little electronic quirks to deal with that don't happen with the Samsung 25R's or the LG HG2
:2c:

Cold, what problems are you having with the AWs? I'm using the 3000mAh jobs in my P3s and Radii with zero problems. I like the AWs better than all the rest for the simple reason that wrap is way more durable.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
2 1/2 years old but they worked the first time only, cleaned everything and still nothing, they work in other devices and 1 of them still work in my 2.5
I have run into this problem with batteries that were not AW's, mostly it has happened with the 650 size cells. Some variances in button height can be found from brand to brand, the ProVari's were designed around the AW cells and rely on a recessed contact to prevent reverse battery connection, some button tops just don't fit into the recess so connection is prohibited.

Using AW cells, I have had 100% perfect performance with my ProVari's.

In 18490 and 18350 modes, I have had good results with E-fest as well as AW cells, but I highly recommend the AW cells as that is the brand that ProVape suggested to use in the V2.5's.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Cold, what problems are you having with the AWs? I'm using the 3000mAh jobs in my P3s and Radii with zero problems. I like the AWs better than all the rest for the simple reason that wrap is way more durable.
Oh, little electronic quirks like the yellow light flashing prematurely...briefly. I used one with a adapter in a V2 and the top totally caved in. The Samsung took it without even a dent.
Yes, I do a PMCS every Wednesday and completely clean and re lube with NO-OX once a month.

I'm glad they are working out for you. I like you.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
I have used AW on my V2+'s exclusively for the past 3 years and have exactly Zero battery related problems. I will continue to do so with the thought being....if it ain't broke don't be fixin it. On P3 and Radius I've been using the LG 3k sold on the Provape site with 100% satisfaction.

Sent with my communicator by Tapatalk[emoji92]

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I have used AW on my V2+'s exclusively for the past 3 years and have exactly Zero battery related problems. I will continue to do so with the thought being....if it ain't broke don't be fixin it. On P3 and Radius I've been using the LG 3k sold on the Provape site with 100% satisfaction.

Sent with my communicator by Tapatalk[emoji92]
The button top AW's are recommended for the V2's. I never had any problems either.

yo419g0tamin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
westland, mi
www.youtube.com
Yea i used 2 aw's from provape in the beginning but my work doesnt allow me to carry batteries, i did however carry my 2.5 but that battery was inside so using a torch i wasn't worried, i couldn't always go grab a 2nd battery so the Panasonic 3400 mah was necessary.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Yea i used 2 aw's from provape in the beginning but my work doesnt allow me to carry batteries, i did however carry my 2.5 but that battery was inside so using a torch i wasn't worried, i couldn't always go grab a 2nd battery so the Panasonic 3400 mah was necessary.

Sounds like an 18650 flashlight is needed to carry an extra battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Okie dokie... I am having a brain fart. :eek:

I have a bunch of 2.5s, Classics, P3s and a Radius. Is there any reason for me to buy flat top batteries? Note: a Samsung 25R always stays in my Radius, so let's focus on the tube Provaris.

Since a flat top will only work in 5 of my 12 Provaris (7 are 2.5/Mini), why wouldn't I just stock up on button top batteries? Cheaper? Better performance? I doubt that.

I don't believe the extra height will hurt my P3/Classics, but answering dumb questions is why they pay y'all the big bucks 'round here. ;)

Thanks!

APF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Qualicum Beach BC
Well, ProVape recommends the Samsung 25R and LG HG2 for the P3 is all I can think of.
I don't know if it is just my imagination or not, but I have found that the Samsung 25R batteries seem to hit a little harder and faster with the 'Boost' feature.

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
Speaking of batteries...

I just got a new member in the family, a Provari Classic. I love the teardrops, but I also love the information screen on my P3, so I thought this would bridge the gap nicely. And it does!

But, I'm finding the battery life is absolutely horrendous! Normally I use an 18350 for work/pocket mode and the battery will last me until I get home. When I got the Classic I threw in an 18500, and it was drained halfway through the day, so I re-inserted the battery and the meter went up to halfway, but it still drained before I got home.

Tried it again the next day with a brand-new AW 18500, and the same thing - drained before I got home.

Third day, (same Erlkonigin, same voltage) with the same AW battery in my P3. This time I had 35% left at the end of the day.

I'm vaping the same amount every day. Do you all notice that the battery life is significantly less with the Classic than with the Mini 2.5 or P3?

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Speaking of batteries...

I just got a new member in the family, a Provari Classic. I love the teardrops, but I also love the information screen on my P3, so I thought this would bridge the gap nicely. And it does!

But, I'm finding the battery life is absolutely horrendous! Normally I use an 18350 for work/pocket mode and the battery will last me until I get home. When I got the Classic I threw in an 18500, and it was drained halfway through the day, so I re-inserted the battery and the meter went up to halfway, but it still drained before I got home.

Tried it again the next day with a brand-new AW 18500, and the same thing - drained before I got home.

Third day, (same Erlkonigin, same voltage) with the same AW battery in my P3. This time I had 35% left at the end of the day.

I'm vaping the same amount every day. Do you all notice that the battery life is significantly less with the Classic than with the Mini 2.5 or P3?
I can't say I've ever noticed. Have you checked the battery voltage with a meter when the Classic reads it as empty? Just being curious as to what voltage it is cutting out at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread