Provape product idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
We all know cigalikes will never be able to compete with larger devices like a Provari but the gap can be closed.

I am not talking about a device to replace a Provari but one to complement it, a companion piece for active people.

The Provari has spoiled some of us and some of us will keep the Provari the center of our vaping but there are those moments you need both hands.

A super quality eroll and cigalike killer.

It does not have to be as small as an eroll, it could be the size of a 501 or KR808 but be much better for those short times a hands free device is desired.

Take something like an eroll but make it fully threaded and a bit larger, no weak partially twist but fully threaded with smooth threads like quality products have. 100mah is plenty battery for this along with an internal .8 mill tank. Make it with a micro rebuildable atomizer. If not a micro rebuildable then at least replaceable.

A smooth threaded rebuildable atomizer and tank that is finely machined with a little more punch than an eroll to be carried with our Provaries. I wouldn't need to go anyplace but Provape to cover all the bases....well except for Provari toppers.

Last edited:

chrisz

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
cincinnati, oh
I would like the hot chick, with hair color to match my mood. And, of course, for her to have no mood. Unless it matches mine. With the perfect body type, which may change depending on my current needs.
I would also like a hands free provari, with automatically changing flavors. That never blend with the previous flavors. Preferably refilling themselves.;)

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I would like the hot chick, with hair color to match my mood. And, of course, for her to have no mood. Unless it matches mine. With the perfect body type, which may change depending on my current needs.
I would also like a hands free provari, with automatically changing flavors. That never blend with the previous flavors. Preferably refilling themselves.;)

I'm not asking for the impossible. Just a small hands free device that is doable that is better than anything ever made.

Better quality can be done. Partial twist can be replaced with full threading.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
The problem is of course, money.
They already had their eGo contender, the ProVape-1. It's been discontinued, presumably because of lack of sales (and I'm sure the equipment was taking up space).

This company was started when cig-a-likes were almost the only option. If you want a quality handsfree setup, nJoy's been doing that setup for almost 10 years.

The problem with what you want is that, frankly, it's an impossible dream. For it to be hands-free, it needs a suction activated circuit. So you need an air pathway to the battery, plus a separate air pathway to the atomizer, because liquids and those kind of switches don't mix. Plus it needs to be easily refillable and rebuildable.

...in something the size of a Diver cartomizer. (Wow. There's a word I haven't used in a while).

Let's suppose for a moment that ProVape does this thing. It might even be a good idea, what with the deeming regulations coming down the pipeline. When Big Tobacco makes their entry (yes I know some already have, but that's nothing compared to what will happen when all the FDA stuff is finally over and done with), it will be aimed squarely at the market this product you want ProVape to build is aimed at.

What do you think a Marlboro or Camel smoker is going to choose? An expensive e-cigarette from ProVape or a Marlboro/Camel branded disposable?

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I'm not asking for the impossible. Just a small hands free device that is doable that is better than anything ever made.
I've read several of your post and I'm still confused. You lost me at Hands_Free... what exactly does this mean? To me I envision a Nic patch.

Something 5 times the quality of an eroll.

Something you can bite down on with your teeth and vape while using both hands to do something else.

Last edited:

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
The problem is of course, money.
They already had their eGo contender, the ProVape-1. It's been discontinued, presumably because of lack of sales (and I'm sure the equipment was taking up space).

This company was started when cig-a-likes were almost the only option. If you want a quality handsfree setup, nJoy's been doing that setup for almost 10 years.

The problem with what you want is that, frankly, it's an impossible dream. For it to be hands-free, it needs a suction activated circuit. So you need an air pathway to the battery, plus a separate air pathway to the atomizer, because liquids and those kind of switches don't mix. Plus it needs to be easily refillable and rebuildable.

...in something the size of a Diver cartomizer. (Wow. There's a word I haven't used in a while).

Let's suppose for a moment that ProVape does this thing. It might even be a good idea, what with the deeming regulations coming down the pipeline. When Big Tobacco makes their entry (yes I know some already have, but that's nothing compared to what will happen when all the FDA stuff is finally over and done with), it will be aimed squarely at the market this product you want ProVape to build is aimed at.

What do you think a Marlboro or Camel smoker is going to choose? An expensive e-cigarette from ProVape or a Marlboro/Camel branded disposable?

There can be low end and high end. :)

Just like there are low end and high end revolvers, Korth $7,000.00 Mahurin $3,000.00 Smith & Wesson $500.00

Cars Cadillac vs Bentley Fiero vs McLaren

Provari 2.5 vs Ego Twist.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
You ever wonder why most companies who have built a reputation for quality, and hold a secure position on the high end market typically don't release a product to compete with the low end market?

Think about it.

What would happen to Bentley's brand image if they released an affordable subcompact aimed at the middle class college kid, and priced it competitively with say...Kia.

I just don't see it happening, and I don't think ProVape would go that route either unless they were forced into it by regulation.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
You ever wonder why most companies who have built a reputation for quality, and hold a secure position on the high end market typically don't release a product to compete with the low end market?

Think about it.

What would happen to Bentley's brand image if they released an affordable subcompact aimed at the middle class college kid, and priced it competitively with say...Kia.

I just don't see it happening, and I don't think ProVape would go that route either unless they were forced into it by regulation.

Being small does not mean it has to be a low end product, it can be small and be a high end product.

I don't think they will either but that market does not have to be low end. There are $300.00 small tiny pocket knives.

All of my vaping power supplies are Provape with the exception of my smallest. It would be fun if it was 100% Provape.

I wouldn't want a Bentley sub compact priced the same as a Kia, I think a Bentley subcompact priced like a Bentley would be an interesting car though.

I would gladly pay $200.00 for a great tiny hands free automatic, I might be willing to go $400.00 but then again I know most will not go anywhere near as high as I would.

I never ever said I would like to see them make a cheaper product. If they were to make something like this in the $50.00 range I would be disappointed. I would want it to be at minimum a $150.00 product. I only buy things cheaper than that in this size class because there isn't anything high end.

Last edited:
Reactions: AstroTurf

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
The analogy of the Bentley and Kia is not one of a product I really want.

The better analogy would be a big roomy Bentley when I want the great comfort. The tiny automatic would be a McLaren when I need both hands to manage what I am doing. No Kia, a high dollar two seat sports car is what I am looking for 5% of the time.

The same person can want a big roomy Bentley and a two seat high end sports car.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Since this is an electronic device maybe a better comparison would be a 7 seat Tesla X and a 2 seat Tesla Roadster being owned and used by the same person.

A Tesla X paired with a 2 seat Smart Car is not what I am really wanting. A Tesla X paired with a Tesla Roadster is what I want.

On larger devices, I didn't want an Evic, I wanted a Provari. On a tiny device I don't want a disposable or or any existing small device. I want a tiny device made to the same exacting quality standards as a Provari, just many times smaller. I know it will be weaker and have low runtime and thats fine. There is always a Provari with me, I just want something of the same quality during that 5% of the time when both hands are busy.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I am not talking about a device to replace a Provari but one to complement it, a companion piece for active people.
YES!

The Provari has spoiled some of us and some of us will keep the Provari the center of our vaping but there are those moments you need both hands.

A super quality eroll and cigalike killer.

It does not have to be as small as an eroll, it could be the size of a 501 or KR808 but be much better for those short times a hands free device is desired.

Yes.

Take something like an eroll but make it fully threaded and a bit larger, no weak partially twist but fully threaded with smooth threads like quality products have. 100mah is plenty battery for this along with an internal .8 mill tank. Make it with a micro rebuildable atomizer. If not a micro rebuildable then at least replaceable.

The eCab was cigarillo sized, kinda nice I thought, at least the size was for me.

I was getting 1-2 hours on the joyetech ICR 10440 batts, about the size of an AAA.

Certainly the invention you are suggesting *could* be somewhere between the size of an eCab and an eRoll. I bought a 510 adapter and used mini clearomizers on my eCab...that made it a little too (long) big though.

Super T Manufacturing had the original Precise, that one also took 10440 batts, so I am thinking you probably want something *smaller*. But that was sure a nice mod with beautiful threading.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Heck, using one of my Provari with a Sophia V2 tells me how this can be done and it might be a custom job a machinist can do.

The Sophia V2 blows away cartomizers but it is the same size as one. A Sophia without a juice regulator or Juice holes at all, Thread that into a cigalike battery. The trick is the auto switch. I wonder if a custom built user serviceable auto switch can be made?

A Sophia V2 variant could be the perfect thing to base this on.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
oh, here's another vid of the precise plus 10440......gawd I miss that mod. About 1/2 the size of the provape-1.

I know Ms. Loud is kinda gonna like it. But the company doesn't exist anymore.

This was my idea of a truly "tiny" but totally ELEGANT little vape. Unfortunately, vaping went to big stuff and seems to have forgotten that some of us love little stuff. I would love to have a precise 10440 !!

So Jjohhn a bit smaller than the precise maybe, and charges in it's own PCC?

Last edited:

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
oh, here's another vid of the precise plus 10440......gawd I miss that mod. About 1/2 the size of the provape-1.

I know Ms. Loud is kinda gonna like it. But the company doesn't exist anymore.

This was my idea of a truly "tiny" but totally ELEGANT little vape. Unfortunately, vaping went to big stuff and seems to have forgotten that some of us love little stuff. I would love to have a precise 10440 !!

They could go thinner on the walls and still be quality. I wonder if there is a shorter version of the 10440. I don't need long runtime since I would have the Provari mini with me to use when I have both a hand available which is 95% of the time. I am biting down on a KR808 auto as I am typing with both hands. I will switch back to a Provari when I finish typing.

Can a user serviceable auto switch be made?

Reactions: AstroTurf

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Here was the Precise next to some "familiar" objects which always helps me. Not really something you could *dangle* off your lip.

However, as has been explained by someone in the Radius topic, these newer high tech plastics are NOT your father's plastics....I learned that with technical clothing after being addicted to cotton for years....found that there were lighter weight, stronger, and uber comfortable against skin high tech fabrics used on expeditions --- glorious stuff, great for travelling, not fake feeling, actually fabulous stuff........and it's the same with the new *plastics* which are very very strong, light, and can take a beating. aerospace has used for years and years, metals are way too heavy. Plastic has become synonymous with cheap, but it's no longer that way!!!!

(and by the way people who have never owned or worn the newest hi tech fabrics can't argue with me about jeans being better. Articulated knees, gusseted crotch, complete 4-way movement, no metal zippers or metal buttons sticking out (which will jab you when you are doing a lot of bending), keeps you cool in summer, warm in winter, and SPF50? and TOUGHER than denim. What's not to like? ) :lol:

Anyway back to subject, here is precise laying with other stuff:
IW1OH.jpg

THIS, in a high tech super lightweight plastic, maybe a tad smaller (shorter), self charging in a PCC type case maybe?

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Nope, Super T went out of the vaporizer business. Great quality. The closest to that would be a GP Piccolo. You could just throw a 510 atty or sophia on top and drip.

But it is a mech, I think there is a Dicodes ( VV) that was slim like the super t, but it was kinda long and unless you were really tall and big it would be hard to hang off your mouth.

I miss that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread