ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Monroe, WA
www.ProVape.com
Here's a collection of video reviews from our website:

Creature

Oct 11, 2010
Wilmington, NC
Disclaimer*** I purchased this myself this is my own honest review of the Provape1 e-cig.

Hi.
I wanted to do a video review but I won't be able to for at least another week so I will do a written review now. ( I will do my first ever video review next week sometime).

First I have to say how fast the shipping was! I ordered the Provape1 on a Wednesday and even though Veterans day was on a Thursday I still received my Provape1 in 2 days on that Friday!

Packaging. Packaging was great. The Provape1 was wrapped nicely with bubble wrap to ensure safety.

I did not order the Kit I just ordered the Provape1, 1 Battery, 1 battery charger and 2 LR 510 atties.

The battery only took 1 and a half hours to charge.

I charged the battery Friday evening and Sunday afternoon the thing was still "hitting" like it had a fresh charged battery!

Quality!! This is a fine quality item. The Provape1 is a better quality e-cig then I expected!
My friend has an e-cig that is about the same price and starts with a P. Well let's just say his is broke and non-usable at the time. Not to mention the quality of his e-cig can NOT compare to the craftsmanship of the Provape1.

Style! The Provape1 has a class. The Provape1 has style! To me this is the most beautiful Mod out there!

Warranty. With a life time warranty what else is there to say except the fact that the Provape1 is such a quality E-Cig so you may never even need to even use the warranty!

Now to the vapor factor.

With a normal 510 atty I get more vapor the the eGo or the Prodigy3.

However when I use the LR 510 atty I can barely do the normal 4 second pull cause I turn into a human fog machine!

Overall summary:

Shipping = 4 out of 4 stars!

Packaging = 4 out of 4 stars!

Quality = 4 out of 4 stars!

Warranty = 4 out of 4 stars!

Vapor production 4 out of 4 stars!

I am so happy with this E-Cig that I have decided to order the Provari when it come out!

Thanks to the Provape1 team for putting together 1 fine quality E-Cig.

For anyone who does not own a Provape1 and are thinking about an e-cig to order - I say go with the Provape1 if you want the best!

PS - When considering what I got for the money spent... this is one of the best purchases I have ever made on or off line!

PPS Thanks for the juice samples!

Good day to all and HAPPY VAPING TO YOU ALL!

Last edited:
Reactions: redrebel821

fmx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2010
Seattle, WA
Disclaimer*** I purchased this myself this is my own honest review of the Provape1 e-cig.

Hi.
I wanted to do a video review but I won't be able to for at least another week so I will do a written review now. ( I will do my first ever video review next week sometime).

First I have to say how fast the shipping was! I ordered the Provape1 on a Wednesday and even though Veterans day was on a Thursday I still received my Provape1 in 2 days on that Friday!

Packaging. Packaging was great. The Provape1 was wrapped nicely with bubble wrap to ensure safety.

I did not order the Kit I just ordered the Provape1, 1 Battery, 1 battery charger and 2 LR 510 atties.

I charged the battery Friday evening and Sunday afternoon the thing was still "hitting" like it had a fresh charged battery!

Quality!! This is a fine quality item. The Provape1 is a better quality e-cig then I expected!
My friend has an e-cig that is about the same price and starts with a P. Well let's just say his is broke and non-usable at the time. Not to mention the quality of his e-cig can NOT compare to the craftsmanship of the Provape1.

Style! The Provape1 has a class. The Provape1 has style! To me this is the most beautiful Mod out there!

Warranty. With a life time warranty what else is there to say except the fact that the Provape1 is such a quality E-Cig so you may never even need to even use the warranty!

Now to the vapor factor.

However when I use the LR 510 atty I can barely do the normal 4 second pull cause I turn into a human fog machine!

Overall summary:

I am so happy with this E-Cig that I have decided to order the Provari when it come out!

For anyone who does not own a Provape1 and are thinking about an e-cig to order - I say go with the Provape1 if you want the best!

PS - When considering what I got for the money spent... this is one of the best purchases I have ever made on or off line!

Thank you for your fine review Creature! Can't wait to see your first video!

Hi.

Now to the vapor factor.

Overall summary:

Thank you for the review. I am looking into purchasing one of these myself. Glad you recommended the LR Atty. Didn't really think about that.

zebbydog

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Leeds Uk
My thoughts after 24 hours with the Provari

I received the Provari yesterdy after a 1 month pre order wait and then 17 days in transit from the US, the long transit time i put down to the xmas/new year holidays. Kudos to provape it shipped within 4 days of when they said it would.
The device is an all stainless steel construcion which gives it a good weight and feel in the hand. The end caps are polished and shiny while the barrel is media blasted with a matte finish ( I think i would have preferred all shiny) Some people have criticised the apperance but it really has to be seen in the metal to get a true perspective on the device. My first impression on seeing the beast is one of high quality engineering, as a time served toolmaker I appreciate and know quality engineering when I see it. The shut lines on the end caps are near invisible while the screw thread on the bottom cap is silky smooth and seems to glide in and out. The clear button which glows red in operation is tactile and smooth in operation while the red digital readout is innovative and simple to use. One quick read of the instruction book and within 5 minutes I was using it like a veteran.
Onto performance. I loaded it with a new AW IMR 1100mah Battery and popped on the nearest thing to hand which turned out to be a seldom used E2 r4 carto loaded with a cinna mint recipe, the digital readout told me the carto was 2.6 ohm (these were supposed to be 3.2 ohm when I bought them) and tried a vape at 4 volts the amount of vapour was phenominal and flavour outstanding with a good throat hit. Dialing up the volts made it hit harder and dialing down increased the flavour.Just playing around with the settings soon produced the sweet spot for that juice with that carto and there it stayed until the carto was dry. I wont go into all the juices and atty/carto combo's I have tried as I have still many more to try. But I did try a E2 r3 carto that I had given up on as it just seemed to boil the flavour out any juice I tried in it and it was so harsh, but loaded with British Bulldog and set at 3.3 volts vaped like a dream, all the harshness gone with a nice true favour and a satisfying throat hit with clouds of vapour. The battery life seems good, I started at midday and it flashed for a recharge the next day at 9 am so not too bad.
In summary I would say that the Provari is one awsome PV that does all that it promised and more. I can pay it no higher complment than to say it was nearly 24 hours before I tried my three favourite all day recipes, I was so busy using those juices and atty/carto combo's that had disappointed me and were gathering dust destined to be traded or binned until the Provari found their sweet spots. I have spent quite a bit of time and money in the past few months trying to find a cartomizer that suited me but never quite finding one. No matter this device will do it for me no problem. Hey I am even gonna get some more E2's they are so good on this. Another thing that strikes me is, we all get those days when nothing tastes quite right,well no problem just dial up your sweet spot for that moment in time. I think VV is the future of vaping and this one was well worth the cost and the wait for it.
Thanks for reading Zebby

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
my thoughts on the provari is its a nice mod, I like it for a tube mod. As for improvements of a couple of things.= First on the top cap I would thread the outside of the 510 connector to make a 801 Atty thread on it so no adapter is needed with a small drop in center pin and then put a slit on each side so any extra fluid coming back out of either the 510 or 801 Atty's would just get sucked right back up into the Atty on the next pull, rather then the fluid sitting inside that current dish and just sitting there and having to be cleaned out all the time or it leaking over the side, this would be a very helpful upgraded new Cap design in my opinion as well as it accepting the 801 with no adapter and this will work.

Other then that the only other thing I would like to see provape come out with is a juice feed system of there own, from maybe a Prylex, Delrin, or some type of material like this that is not of any kind of metal, or a matching metal on the outside and a hard plastic type Delrin on the inside juice tank or feed system, simply for better taste and no oxidization of the tank or liquids and reasonably priced. If we had these two things I'm mentioning I think it would make this PV not only better but juice delivery pared with the Variable Voltage would just make this PV Awesome as would the change in the top cap for drippers.

That's it just that one change and one added optional feature, A company that is this good to put out this PV would be great to follow up with a juice feed system for there VV PV and if anyone can do it you can Pro Vape.!

Last edited:

drum747

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Oregon
Actually MWA, those are good suggestions. I have had my Provari for a couple of weeks now and allthough it is light years ahead of anything on the market in terms of technology, features and safety, the catch cup is really my only issue. For me, just mounting the atomizer flush with the bottom of the catch cup would be an improvement.

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
IndustrialAction's ProVari Review

Three hours ago, my ProVari arrived. My package contained the tube with the standard cap encased in bubble wrap, the 18650 extension cap in a small bag, a copy of my invoice and a free 5ml bottle of 24mg Fruit Punch juice (thanks guys!). It was packed in a $5 flat rate USPS priority box and was padded with packing peanuts.

The first thing I did was to remove the standard cap. I don't own any 18490/18500 batts and I don't intend to. The standard end cap went into the bag for the extension and it was put in my drawer. I don't know if I'll ever see it again.

Before I inserted a battery, I took some time to examine it. I have to say, it is a VERY high quality mod. We're not taking about some cheap, weak tube. This thing is heavy duty! The 18650 end cap is likewise a quality, heavy duty piece. It definitely screams 'rugged'.

It is significantly slimmer than I imagined which was a pleasant surprise. It is longer than all my other mods but not overly long. With a carto attached and the battery extension in place, it is really long but still fits in my pocket without a problem.

I inserted a battery that I had been using all day in my Phidias. I then realized that there were no printed instructions. I took to the web and posted a plea for a link but before jimho answered, I had figured everything out.

The interface is very intuitive. Scrolling through the menu is incredibly simple as is changing the settings. It takes quite a few clicks to make minor adjustments to voltage but once you find a nice spot, you're good-to-go. I immediately turned off the LED button because I often vape at work and don't need to draw any more attention to what I'm doing than I already do.

Thus far I've used cartos with resistances of 1.5, 2.2, 2.8 and 3.1. I checked on my MM and the PV. Both provided the same reading (although there is a bit of rounding on the two digit display for the PV).

I have found that I enjoy my juice between 4.2 & 4.9V. I get the nice 'sizzle' that I love from a fresh battery and it is awesome to get that same level of intensity each and every hit, even when the low battery indicator was flashing (more on that later).

My favorite vape is TastyVapor's waffles (24mg, 20%VG). It went to a whole new dimension for me in the 2.2 carto with the PV set at 4.8V. It really brought out a depth of flavor that I hadn't experienced previously. My bananas foster, however, did not do well at that level. I ended up backing that one down to 4.2. The last flavor I tried was TV's "new" spiced apple cider. At 4.3 I tasted a lot of apple. At 4.9 the spices really dominated. I had a lot of fun tasting my juices at different settings. It was like a wine trip but better, ha-ha.

Again, the best part was getting the same intense vape every single drag. I've never experienced anything like that.

Now, I know, I'm starting to sound like some deranged fanboy. However, it is not without some annoyances.

The first thing I don't like is the two digit display. I'd prefer three digits. I know most people don't care but I'd like to have the next decimal place. I'd also like to see "Off" instead of "Of". Inconsequential but i thought I'd throw it out there.

Next, we have the default "on" position. This again is probably only going to bother me but I'd rather have it default to off and then use the menu to turn it on. Not a big deal since it takes a second or two to shut it off.

Finally, we have the "low battery indicator". This is the only feature I REALLY don't like and you can't turn it off. That's right, turn off the mod, the light keeps right on blinking. Turn off the LED, the light keeps blinking. At one point I just had to stash the PV where I couldn't see it until I could grab a fresh battery. That incessantly blinking light was really aggravating me.

Despite my over the top annoyance with the low battery indicator, I still am more than pleased with the ProVari. It is an extremely well engineered mod. It is tough, stylish and rugged. Without a doubt, the ProVari will be my main vaping mod for the foreseeable future. In a few days, my genesis atomizer will be ready and the PV will be complete. It will be nice to finally start saving money after quitting analogs so long ago.

Bottom line recommendation: BUY A PROVARI AND TELL THEM IA SENT YOU!

jimho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
New York
Thanks for the honorable mention IA- I agree with both your and MWA's suggestions although not having either takes nothing away from the device....Thought I'd copy my original initial impresions from 12/1 which are still very much true after 7 weeks and after switching from the Beta to the production version:

Here's a short synopsis after about a week:

I've tested all of the advertised features except thermal overload and they work as advertised.I usually pick my attys to run a bit hot at the start and work through the battery's voltage range till I start getting juice in my mouth... Not with the ProVari... you set the voltage wherever you want and it stays there ... period.... if you want to change attys, a few presses of the button and to dial in your voltage and you're done... off by a bit, easy adjustment... I've tested at least 1/2 a dozen different attys 2 ohms up to 4.2 ohms... I'm sure I covered DSE (SLB), Joye, Beauway and Ikenvape... they all worked great, I had no issues setting voltage and the device delivered consistently from the start of the first draw on fresh batteries all the way to the end of the last draw after the LED flashed indicating it was time to replace my battery and even past that right till the device refuses to fire....Did I say it was consistent? It was an understatement.

Battery life is pretty good- remember these are 1100mAh 18500's- not 18650's- I'm getting through about 3ml per battery over about 3/4 of a day (about 9 hrs)... that might go higher after the batteries cycle through a few times....

I'm not ready to put up a full review but I can tell you I have found nothing about this device that I don't like... nothing!

PS: In case anyone was wondering, I purchased mine as well...

Last edited:

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
Too busy punishing this thing to write a review. I'm actually wearing the 'ProVari' logo off. Besides...it's all been covered by others...LOL
It's awesome.
'Nuff said.
If you haven't gotten yourself one...get one.
If you don't think variable voltage is worth having....you're wrong...LOL
If you think it looks bad in pictures...you're right...LOL

pupmastermp3

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
los angeles
www.facebook.com
I got my Provape-1 yesterday and I am in love!

**Update** Day 3 and I love it even more. Btw, I got it with the AW High Performance Battery and so far with almost non-stop vaping (except when sleeping, although I keep it on the night stand cause I can't let it out of my sight) I am getting 24 of use.

Last edited:

saintj

Jul 23, 2010
Bakersfield
I purchased and received a black ProVari a few days ago and I'm very impressed to say the least. The level of design and workmanship that went into this device exceeded my expectations as well as what can be shown or demonstrated on video. One has to hold, operate and vap the device to truly appreciate it.

Construction: Threads, finish, connector ease-of-use I have seen nothing it's equal.

Performance: The ability to completely turn the power on and off, monitor battery performance, check atomizer resistance, vary voltages for different attys, flavors and vapor strengths has allowed me to take control of my vaping experience as never before. Additionally I found that a drip shield (Empire Mods) turns the ProVari into hands down the best direct drip device I have ever used.

All and all I find the ProVarie breathes life into that much used saying "A league of their own" and despite the heavy price tag worth every penny. Without hesitation I recommend this device.

Safe to say I have become VeryProVari ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread