Status
Not open for further replies.

MonsterKenny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
dublin ohio
www.provape.com
Well, I said I never wanted one ... Changed my mind, really pleased. First true reg, first Provari. I hope it serves me well for years to come.

Provari-001_zpsatfcve0g.jpg
Beautiful Picture! Awesome set up!

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Dont know about that :) love my Mechs. This really does not feel any different except that its feels just as good. Ive been wanting to try a good reg.

Scary going regulated. I dont usually do well with electronics. I tend to find the one "flawed" one in a million. So far its great. Beautiful manufacturing and finish, great threading, so smooth and its not really any larger than my other devices.

So far, very good. Im pleased.
Welcome, similar situation as you; while I've always had a ProVari since the 1st one, they've always been my backup to the backup to the backup, or the tool I drag around with me when doing yard work which I won't get upset if I drop it and scratch it, because who cares. My daily vapes have been Super T and GG's since back around late 2009/early 2010.

The P3 is the first regulated mod that's kinda become an all-day, all the time, device for me. I've got 2 Ti's, the shiny polished one, and pretty soon I'm going to wind up just getting a Stealth because they look so cool. The build quality really isn't up there with Super T (but then, nothing is), but it's significantly improved over the old ones, and everything usually Just Works.

What would crush it is some sorta limited-edition release higher build-quality tube, with ProVari electronics. Basically, Super T with a ProVari inside =) ProVape does seem to release limited edition versions, but from what I recall there was that hideous looking gold-plated thing which was probably purchased by the same people who like this:

article-2573726-1C0D914E00000578-489_634x286.jpg

Taste is subjective and all that, but it would rock to see a limited-edition high-end ProVari without all the engravings, logos, and a higher build-quality. The market is probably limited and not too many people would pay $500-$700 for a device like that, but I sure would! Pardon me, dreaming out loud.

Anyhoo, rambling at this point, but ya, P3 is the only mod that has managed to displace most of my mechs as a daily-use device.

P3.5 upgrade: how 'bout a micro-USB port and an app, so I can just upgrade the firmware myself, and set everything via iOS or OS/X, without scrolling through endless sub-sub-sub-menus ;-) Extra bonus points for GPS and "FInd where I dropped my e-cig" feature in the afore-mentioned app.

Since this is a pic thread, here's an actual pic to go with all the rambling.

eAywwYV.jpg

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Welcome, similar situation as you; while I've always had a ProVari since the 1st one, they've always been my backup to the backup to the backup, or the tool I drag around with me when doing yard work which I won't get upset if I drop it and scratch it, because who cares. My daily vapes have been Super T and GG's since back around late 2009/early 2010.

The P3 is the first regulated mod that's kinda become an all-day, all the time, device for me. I've got 2 Ti's, the shiny polished one, and pretty soon I'm going to wind up just getting a Stealth because they look so cool. The build quality really isn't up there with Super T (but then, nothing is), but it's significantly improved over the old ones, and everything usually Just Works.

What would crush it is some sorta limited-edition release higher build-quality tube, with ProVari electronics. Basically, Super T with a ProVari inside =) ProVape does seem to release limited edition versions, but from what I recall there was that hideous looking gold-plated thing which was probably purchased by the same people who like this:

article-2573726-1C0D914E00000578-489_634x286.jpg

Taste is subjective and all that, but it would rock to see a limited-edition high-end ProVari without all the engravings, logos, and a higher build-quality. The market is probably limited and not too many people would pay $500-$700 for a device like that, but I sure would! Pardon me, dreaming out loud.

Anyhoo, rambling at this point, but ya, P3 is the only mod that has managed to displace most of my mechs as a daily-use device.

P3.5 upgrade: how 'bout a micro-USB port and an app, so I can just upgrade the firmware myself, and set everything via iOS or OS/X, without scrolling through endless sub-sub-sub-menus ;-) Extra bonus points for GPS and "FInd where I dropped my e-cig" feature in the afore-mentioned app.

Since this is a pic thread, here's an actual pic to go with all the rambling.

eAywwYV.jpg

That IS a beauty. Its it the chromed or is a polished SS? I know occasionally people will have their Provari sanded down to the SS and have it polished or sometimes brushed . Real nice looking.

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That IS a beauty. Its it the chromed or is a polished SS? I know occasionally people will have their Provari sanded down to the SS and have it polished or sometimes brushed . Real nice looking.
It's the polished SS, I think the chrome-plated one was last gen (not P3). ProVari 3 (P3) - Polished

Reactions: anavidfan

Arnold Hesnod

Moved On
Apr 2, 2010
New York
Not to argue with you about anything schizms, because your opinion seems to be incredibly common coming from the high end mech mod Super T is god bandwagon. But.........

Scott, saying the same thing you did more or less, long review, great e-cig and then stops to complain about the tube looking tacky about 10 times

This guy does the same exact thing, what's the summary of his review, "I can't find anything bad to say about it" yet every single time he looks at it, he makes a face like he's in pain.

We get it, Provari is a mass market device and the tolerances and attention to detail that turns a metal battery holder into a work of art, is missing in action so far from ProVape.

But I can't help but notice that despite constantly .....ing about everything, all of you seem to be buying ProVari 3s. So your all complaining about the same thing pretty much and then buying it anyway. Who's really going to listen to this "problem" except for the small handful of grown men who turn shiny metal tubes into a fetish and collect them. If your Super T's and GGs are the best thing that's ever existed, then why do you all keep on buying ProVari's? ;-)

BTW in case you haven't noticed, Super T has gone out of business this past month or at least closed down their mod shop part of their CNC facility which leaves a very small number of high end mech mod shops still in the game, I can think of GG, Atmomixani, I don't know if Metal Masters counts in your world, Caravela which is making more like jewlery then e-cigs and GP. That's about it.

Let me sum it all up for you.

High end mech mod person: the provari 3 is mediocre, the build quality really disturbs me so much that I will stop and complain about it every few sentences, the sub menus are awful, so in conclusion I only own 5 of them ;-) Here's some pics. :) :) :)

Maybe it's just me, but all of you kind of embody the word "irony"

Arnold Hesnod

Moved On
Apr 2, 2010
New York
What? People complain about the build quality of ProVari? I've never heard of such a thing...
Sorry maybe the wrong choice of words, maybe not "build quality" but how the tube looks is what they're all complaining about, aesthetics is better word choice? They're reviewing the P3 super-high and then complaining that the tube looks tacky, "too busy", terrible logos, etc, etc, etc.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Sorry maybe the wrong choice of words, maybe not "build quality" but how the tube looks is what they're all complaining about, aesthetics is better word choice? They're reviewing the P3 super-high and then complaining that the tube looks tacky, "too busy", terrible logos, etc, etc, etc.
It is truly amazing what people complain about...

When there is nothing to complain about!

Reactions: Freedom2Vape

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...

ProVari aren't for everyone. I think box mods look cheap and gaudy, so I don't own any...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread