Not open for further replies.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
I was pleasantly bored today and took out the old "Bag O' kayfun Graveyard Goodies" aka spare parts junk yard. Using the salvage inside, I constructed two 41mm tall (-drip tip) KFL+ micro minis. Given they are made from spare parts, I shall name them FrankenFuns. They alive! They alive!

IMG_2123.JPG
IMG_2124.JPG

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
I was pleasantly bored today and took out the old "Bag O' kayfun Graveyard Goodies" aka spare parts junk yard. Using the salvage inside, I constructed two 41mm tall (-drip tip) KFL+ micro minis. Given they are made from spare parts, I shall name them FrankenFuns. They alive! They alive!

View attachment 592861 View attachment 592863

Franky never looked so good!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
Hey everyone, I need some help!

I'm about to buy another Radius (custom built) and need to know if anyone here has had any issues with any chipping/peeling of the bronze or graphite grey or stealth finish on their Radius. I've owned many dark colored mods in the past but they all end up peeling and looking like .... (*POOP* since apparently cursing isn't allowed here) after a month or so. I would appreciate feedback from anyone here who has had their custom built Radius with any of those finishes for longer than a month.

Also, anyone have any pictures of the black mod in with either a graphite grey or bronze finish? I've seen plenty of stealth finishes in this thread but I can't seem to find any in the combo I listed above. Please help me decide so I can pull the trigger on this today!

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
any issues with any chipping/peeling of the bronze or graphite grey or stealth finish on their Radius.

Have had the full stealth Radius since late January and the finish looks as good as the day I received it. I will admit I have been careful with it and I use a felt-lined custom Kydex holster when I am out on the town ( Thanks @coffeebum !) but to remain show-room ready after over a half a year of daily use is impressive, I don't care who or what ya are. :cool: Can't speak to the Graphite or Bronze though, sorry.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
By nature, the Graphite Grey and Bronze options are a strong finish.

This is because of the application process.

The Cerakote finish (Stealth) is applied much like a paint (via air gun) and baked on at high temperatures for long-ish periods of time.

The Graphite/Bronze colors are applied with a system similar to ZenKote, which is a type of vapor deposition process.

I'm not 100% sure how this process works, as I've only ever had experience with the Cerakote application process.

That being said, the vapor deposition process is supposed to bond with the metal, instead of just creating a ceramic coating on the surface of the metal, like a paint.
That's what Cerakote does.

So between the two, while Cerakote IS a strong material, the VPD (vapor deposition) coatings are much stronger and longer lasting.

This is why I chose not to get a fully Stealth'd out Radius, but chose the Grey metal instead, with the rest of the Stealth options (window, buttons, black body).

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
This.

Official ProVari Radius Thread - Part 2

My choices were simply based on having multiple ProVari "stealth" mods, and all of them are wearing. It's not terrible, but a year old mod, looks like a year old mod. I admit to not being super-careful and using holsters or covers, I just stick them in my pocket. If you're very careful it may be possible to maintain a "like-new" appearance for extended periods of time. I just went with "stealth" everything, and graphite grey because my understanding at the time I ordered was the graphite grey uses a different process (much more eloquently addressed by @HBcorpse).

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
My Two Favorite Drugs...

Caffeine and Nicotine!

Add a pound of bacon on a silver platter and you have seen my vision of heaven [emoji2]

Sent with my communicator by Tapatalk[emoji92]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread