Provari 2.0 circuit board help

Status
Not open for further replies.

8a31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2011
Cincinnati, ohio
I have a Provari 2.0 that I dropped from about 3-4ft onto a carpeted floor. It hit at the perfect angle to make the the pressure fitted cap pop off. The circuit board came out but was not damaged. No wires broke and I was able to put it back together without a problem.

When it came apart the glue that holds the circuit board in place broke off so the board now wiggles inside of the unit. There is a track that keeps it from twisting inside but when I have a battery in it the display rises up a millimeter or two. Now the battery rattles inside the unit and if it shakes the battery loses contact just enough to make the light on the button blink once. The cap is tight but I can take it off by wiggling the atomizer on top and access the inside if I need to.

Other than superglue what can I do to keep the circuit board in place? I don’t want to do anything that will prevent the unit from ever being repaired if needed.

Has anyone here removed your circuit board either on purpose or accident? How did you resecure the board again?

8a31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2011
Cincinnati, ohio
I had a loose circuit board once. I dropped a 2.5 about 18' onto concrete. I sent it in to Provape, and they fixed it for free. They even payed the return shipping. If I remember right, they use hot glue.
Do you remember what kind of turn around time did you have with them?

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Reactions: Baditude

yellowrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
MN
Pretty easy fix considering the top cap is already off.. Bit of late response but a very small strip of scotch tape on the groves where board slides into. Until you have very tight fit. Ive done that to bunch, last one I lost my glue gun so I didnt even have reglue and had no issues.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Yep, don't try to fix it yourself. Open a ticket with Provape, send it to them, they'll fix it and turn it around very quickly.
Best response...

I have sent them to ProVape fully expecting to be charged for the service, only to be told it was free.

Jim

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Pretty easy fix considering the top cap is already off.. Bit of late response but a very small strip of scotch tape on the groves where board slides into. Until you have very tight fit. Ive done that to bunch, last one I lost my glue gun so I didnt even have reglue and had no issues.
Thanks for those tips. I have been curious as to what glue Provape uses, in case I want to swap boards in any of my ProVari's down the road. I've got a bunch of used ones, and really prefer the mini's these days, so if one of the Mini's goes wonky for me, I would like to just bust open a full size one and swap the board into the Mini. I doubt that Provape would offer this service though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread