Provari 2.5 510 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juggernaut666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
Dallas Tx.
Why isn't there an option to upgrade the 510 connector on the current/previous 2.5 Provari to the new style like on the 2.5ti?

I have a 2.5 that I'll be shipping in to have the 510 fixed and would like the new style connector instead of the old style, but was told it wasn't an option available.

I HATE having to have the beauty ring put on it, because I misplace the thing every time I change tanks or refill a tank.
Can you guys make this an option? Please? Plus I can leave my P3 connectors on my attys without changing them or when I change devices.

LotsaBS

Jul 18, 2014
USA
Why isn't there an option to upgrade the 510 connector on the current/previous 2.5 Provari to the new style like on the 2.5ti?

I have a 2.5 that I'll be shipping in to have the 510 fixed and would like the new style connector instead of the old style, but was told it wasn't an option available.

I HATE having to have the beauty ring put on it, because I misplace the thing every time I change tanks or refill a tank.
Can you guys make this an option? Please? Plus I can leave my P3 connectors on my attys without changing them or when I change devices.

I too would like the new adjustable 510 on my 2.5's, but they told me the same thing. I can't help but think that at some point in the future they will offer it. However, I do have a great fix for getting the beauty ring to stay in place. Get some Blu-Tack (or something similar) removable adhesive putty from Amazon, Walmart, Staples etc. and make 2 or 3 tiny (very tiny- half the size of a BB) balls of it. Sandwich them between the inner upper edge of the beauty ring and your Provari and squish the ring down tightly(push it straight down, don't twist it on). Any extra putty will ooze out and you can peel it off leaving a clean and invisible installation. The beauty ring will now stay in place as long as you want it to. It's now also easy to remove it any time you want, plus the putty comes off everything cleanly. I did this to my 2.5's last summer, and the rings have always stayed in place, even when carried in a tight jeans pocket. Here is a link to the kind of putty I am talking about:
Amazon.com : Blu-Tack Reusable Adhesive : Adhesive Putty : Office Products

Reactions: Juggernaut666

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
I dunno. I thought I wanted an updated top cap for my 2.5s, but then I realized the old style top cap is perfect for some of the things I vape on them, so then I decided I didn't need an updated top cap, and now we have the Classic 2.5 that has the new chip and top cap, so it seems ProVape has covered all the bases.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
I dunno. I thought I wanted an updated top cap for my 2.5s, but then I realized the old style top cap is perfect for some of the things I vape on them, so then I decided I didn't need an updated top cap, and now we have the Classic 2.5 that has the new chip and top cap, so it seems ProVape has covered all the bases.

Yes, They have!!!

1/2 fast

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
SW Ohio
P
However, I do have a great fix for getting the beauty ring to stay in place. Get some Blu-Tack (or something similar) removable adhesive putty from Amazon, Walmart, Staples etc. and make 2 or 3 tiny (very tiny- half the size of a BB) balls of it. Sandwich them between the inner upper edge of the beauty ring and your Provari and squish the ring down tightly(push it straight down, don't twist it on). Any extra putty will ooze out and you can peel it off leaving a clean and invisible installation. The beauty ring will now stay in place as long as you want it to. It's now also easy to remove it any time you want, plus the putty comes off everything cleanly. I did this to my 2.5's last summer, and the rings have always stayed in place, even when carried in a tight jeans pocket. Here is a link to the kind of putty I am talking about:
Amazon.com : Blu-Tack Reusable Adhesive : Adhesive Putty : Office Products

What a great idea. Every time I fill refill a tank I manage to forget the beauty ring isn't attached and watch it roll across the table then the floor. And did you know those rings are possesed? As soon as they hit the hardwood floor they're off to wherever the most inaccessible nook and cranny is located so they can cause this old stiff guy to have to get on hands and knees to fish them out. I'm convinced they have eyes.

Believe I'll make a quick stop at Staples while out and about tonight:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread