Status
Not open for further replies.

fogmust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2015
New Jersey
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I know that there are a lot of threads on variations of the subject, but I cannot find one that discusses the exact subject, so I figured I would ask.
After months of having only istick mods, and after I fully committed to vaping over smoking, I decided that I'd treat myself to a couple of nice pieces. One of them was the VF, and the other was the Provari 3, brushed, Celtic knot with a brand spanking new Provarinati cap. It doesn't leave my house, because it is only a week old and I want to keep it impeccable and shiny.

However, I have noticed that the battery life on it is much, much shorter with an 18650, compared to any of my 30w isticks. Why is that? I am talking about using the same exact atty on the 30w and on the P3. My istick can easily last me all day, while the P3 would only last for about 4 hours. Isn't the battery the same in those? Should I be concerned about the health of my P3?

Thanks for all the help, as always.

P.S. The 18650's are brand new Samsung.

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
It all depends on how much liquid you're going through and what wattage you're vaping at. I am vaping at 10 to 12 watts and an 18500 batt will last most of the day, or about a full Kayfun with 3.5 ml. Compare the mah rating of your battery to the mah rating of your iStick. Should be comparable if the ratings are the same. Don't worry you won't hurt the Provari, it's a tank

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
My P3 hasn't been fired up in months. My go to devices now are an iStick 30w and Joyetech eGrip. The P3 was a disappointment for me and battery life was a factor in that. The biggest factor has been inexpensive devices with much smaller form factors than the big tube mods like the P3. I consider the money I spent on the P3 a waste as all it does now is collect dust.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Check your IQ.
The provari. Seems to be real picky about cleanliness of things like threads, sometimes stretching the spring helps too.

Even new the threads could use a cleaning if the noalox dried out.

In my p2 I would get a day and a half off panny 2900. Soon as anything got dirty or tarnished 4-6 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread