Provari and Kabuki Ohm question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
I use either a Radius or P3 with Kabuki tanks with authentic 1.6 ohm Nautilus coils typically between 10.4-10.8 watts with boost 2 active. I usually start a new coil with no boost at 9 watts for a tank and then slowly increase to the normal watts until I feel I could use the boost.

The ohms reading always shows as 1.7, which is fine, but occasionally for a few hits throughout the day, it feels like the coil is at the end of its life with that wonderful mildly burnt taste we all know and love. When this happens the ohms reads as 1.8. If I don't use it for awhile the taste is fine, and the ohms reads at 1.7 again. But after a few hits it gets that taste again and the ohms reads 1.8 for a bit and back and forth for awhile. This typically happens after 3-5 days on the coil. I usually vape Ripe Vapes VCT with 12% nic or Vader ejuice.

Does anybody else get this? Did I get a bad batch of coils or is it the juice gunking up and burning off and somehow affecting the way it reads ohms and burns the coil? It's very random and when it is at that 1.7 the taste is so good until it hits that 1.8 again.

I thank you so much n advance for any helpful feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AstroTurf

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I run the 1.8 coils at about 7.5 watts. A lot of times they might read 1.9 when new, and as the coil gets gunked up through it's life the resistance seems to rise to 2.0 or 2.1 ohms. I can get another tanks or two out of them coils by raising the power a bit. Usually I'll notice a little drop off in the vapor when they are getting on like that.

Noodles11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I have the exact same set up as you and I havnt found any difference in the 1.6 or 1.8ohm coils.

And I wouldnt think you would notice the diff between 1.7 -1.8ohm !! in taste ,most prob time to cha

I change my coils after 3-4 days as soon as the juice in the tank starts discolouring .

The quality control on the Nauty BVC coils is usually pretty good but you will a dud now and then which dosnt taste as good or one where the threading is crap.

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
I am guessing when it throws the ohm reading up, the device is accounting for a change? It's random when it happens, I usually taste it and then look at the display and see the .1 bump so one is definitely related to the other. It's not extreme, just slightly harsh then goes away back down to 1.7 and normal taste until it happens again. I've noticed decreasing watts helps a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread