Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Social features? Does it double as a "marital aid" or something? :laugh:
DPLongo22 said:
I believe it DOES vibrate...

Yes, if someone in the same building as you are is carrying a pack of Blu, both packs will vibrate and blink a blue light to indicate to you that another Blu user is in the building, just in case you really cared.

The Blu pack does the same thing when you are near a Blu vendor.

To see the demo video of this, click on the "Smart Pack" on the right side of the page: Electronic Cigarette | E-Cigarette | blu eCigs

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yes, if someone in the same building as you are is carrying a pack of Blu, both packs will vibrate and blink a blue light to indicate to you that another Blu user is in the building, just in case you really cared.

And it vibrates and squeals if Steve Dorf comes within 50 feet of it.

Sorry. I couldn't stop myself.

mmikee

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
st louis
Your best bet would be to get a sigelei ZMAX. It is a much better mod and doesn't have any of these problems you have with the provari. I sold mine and had enough to get a zmax and protanks and lots of juice. You won't be sorry, you can get a much better mod that will last longer, work better, provide a better vape, and you will have money left over for other things.

That is laughable. You really can't be serious. While I do think the max is a nice device, continually saying that the provari is a terrible mod just makes you look like a fool. Anyone with any experience with mods knows better. What has caused your crusade against the provari ?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
That is laughable. You really can't be serious. While I do think the max is a nice device, continually saying that the provari is a terrible mod just makes you look like a fool. Anyone with any experience with mods knows better. What has caused your crusade against the provari ?

His real name is Innokin Sigelei.

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
Thanks for some great advice! I, the OP, went to bed soon after my post and have just woken up to reply! I'm in the Uk so will have to look for an anti-oxidant over here. I've definitely not got plans to switch to another mod, I tried plenty of devices on my vaping journey and my provaris won the race, quite considerably!

Great to hear. Bottom line is provari will need maintenance like anything but it will last you a very long time as its one of the best.

vang0gh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Plainfield, IL, USA

To see the demo video of this, click on the "Smart Pack" on the right side of the page: Electronic Cigarette | E-Cigarette | blu eCigs

If these are the "innovations" that the vaping community can expect from big tobacco, we're definitely better off without them.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If these are the "innovations" that the vaping community can expect from big tobacco, we're definitely better off without them.
This just shows how little the Big Tobacco executives and marketing types actually know about the e-cig industry that they hope to dominate. Instead of making a better product with actual useful innovations, they focus on the social aspect of what they believe smokers will want to make the switch.

I guess we also have to consider what demographic group that Big Tobacco, or at least Blu, seems to be focusing on. I'm talking about the Facebook, Twitter, et al younger groups who haven't been hooked for decades on the cancer sticks like most current e-cig users were. Blu already has a less than stellar reputation among experienced e-cig users, so perhaps Blu is going after the less informed smokers and what they consider to be the "cool" factor.

Last edited:

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
This just shows how little the Big Tobacco executives and marketing types actually know about the e-cig industry that they hope to dominate. Instead of making a better product with actual useful innovations, they focus on the social aspect of what they believe smokers will want to make the switch.

I guess we also have to consider what demographic group that Big Tobacco, or at least Blu, seems to be focusing on. I'm talking about the Facebook, Twitter, et al younger groups who haven't been hooked for decades on the cancer sticks like most current e-cig users were. Blu already has a less than stellar reputation among experienced e-cig users, so perhaps Blu is going after the less informed smokers and what they consider to be the "cool" factor.

i'd have to disagree. don't get me wrong, i don't use blu cigs (tried them once and ended up sticking with analogs for a few more years until a coworker convinced me to try an ego twist), but i'm pretty sure that i wouldn't have been as successful making the switch if i didn't have the 'social' support to continue with it. since then, many of my coworkers have converted as well, and i know for a fact that most of them would've gone back within a couple of weeks had they not had others to help show them the path.

yes, i think blu cigs and their 'social functions' are cheesy, but imho, i think that any method of trying to get vapers in contact with other vapers is a big step in the right direction.

Sly_fox

Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
Ohio
thank you GraceH for that tip!!! i had a spot on the pin that wasnt budging with just alcohol/qtip, tried your method with the eraser and now its shines again!! :thumb:
A pencile eraser is really good at cleaning electrical contacts from oxidation. My hubby is a electronics and wiring god (i maybe slightly bias lol). I have revived may'a Nintendo64 games by taking an eraser to the contacts. I haven't needed to clean my provari contacts yet. But I plan to use alcohol with qtips, eraser, alcohol with qtips, in that order.

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
I'll defiantly endorse the pencil eraser, been fixing "broken" radios in the Army with them for years, my soldiers think I'm some kind of radio whisper. If I got a nickel for every tax payer dollar I saved with a No2 pencil eraser id have retired a rich man, years ago.

Lots of people would freak if they found out that when their computer starts acting up and they take it in to be fixed often all they do is pull the chips. Scrub the contacts with an eraser, clean the rubber residue off with alcohol and charge you fifty bucks.

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
Your best bet would be to get a Sigelei ZMAX. It is a much better mod and doesn't have any of these problems you have with the provari. I sold mine and had enough to get a zmax and protanks and lots of juice. You won't be sorry, you can get a much better mod that will last longer, work better, provide a better vape, and you will have money left over for other things.
Uh oh... Now you did it. You went against the Provarianati...

Don't you know that the Provari is the only thing capable of turning the tears of Chuck Norris into heavenly vapor?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread