Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
@PLANofMAN , when you get your Classic, can you check something out for me, I am curious how many color options you get for the LED. Thanks for any help. :)

My red/black Classic showed up today and it has the P3 firmware on board, probably the whole P3 chip set, if in fact they do incorporate different chip sets, or maybe they just use the same board and run different firmware between the Classic and the P3. I am very excited to get an answer on this question...

Reactions: gnees

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
@PLANofMAN , when you get your Classic, can you check something out for me, I am curious how many color options you get for the LED. Thanks for any help. :)

My red/black Classic showed up today and it has the P3 firmware on board, probably the whole P3 chip set, if in fact they do incorporate different chip sets, or maybe they just use the same board and run different firmware between the Classic and the P3. I am very excited to get an answer on this question...
It should be changeable red/blue/green, according to the literature. The OLED display is not color changeable as far as I know. I think the PCB is the same between the Classic and P3, with the Classic having a neutered menu selection and a smaller voltage/wattage range.

Edit: does yours display battery life remaining as a graph or %? It should also lack battery IQ, have only 3 menu speed scrolling options, etc.

Most importantly, it should max out at 15 watts, vs the P3's 20 watt maximum.

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
It should be changeable red/blue/green, according to the literature. The OLED display is not color changeable as far as I know. I think the PCB is the same between the Classic and P3, with the Classic having a neutered menu selection and a smaller voltage/wattage range.
I've had that same thought about the two. I have never gotten confirmation though, but looking at what you can see from the bottom, they both look the same to my eye...

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
It's a 20 watt P3 in a Classic tube.
4667717-6811983527-now-t.png

smokin95

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
USA
Well that's interesting....

Back when those black/red classics vanished I had tried to reserve one by ordering with money order while I made up my mind (this doesn't work BTW). When I decided i was ready to buy it I contacted CS and they told me they were out of them. So they cancelled the order for me and I went on to order the zenkote. Which I'm very happy with.

This was 2 or so days after the R/B classics vanished. So she cancels the order, I refresh the specials page 5 seconds later, and it popped up again. I replied to her, can you confirm your for sure out of these because it's showing in stock? She confirms yes and says she contacted the webmaster to remove it.

Few hours later she emails me and says we DO have red/black tubes and can assemble them if you'd still like one, it will take a bit longer.

So I guess they must be assembling them with p3 boards. Wish I knew this back then!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013

Back when those black/red classics vanished I had tried to reserve one by ordering with money order while I made up my mind (this doesn't work BTW). When I decided i was ready to buy it I contacted CS and they told me they were out of them. So they cancelled the order for me and I went on to order the zenkote. Which I'm very happy with.

This was 2 or so days after the R/B classics vanished. So she cancels the order, I refresh the specials page 5 seconds later, and it popped up again. I replied to her, can you confirm your for sure out of these because it's showing in stock? She confirms yes and says she contacted the webmaster to remove it.

Few hours later she emails me and says we DO have red/black tubes and can assemble them if you'd still like one, it will take a bit longer.

So I guess they must be assembling them with p3 boards. Wish I knew this back then!

Or, mine could have come to be through human error. It happens, if I could get confirmation that the rest of them are the same, I would order another one right now, but I wouldn't count on it being so. It could just as likely be a one off mistake or a wrong board grabbed at assembly time...

smokin95

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
USA
Or, mine could have come to be through human error. It happens, if I could get confirmation that the rest of them are the same, I would order another one right now, but I wouldn't count on it being so. It could just as likely be a one off mistake or a wrong board grabbed at assembly time...

Could be, I guess we'll find out when those ordering today based on these revelations report back

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: iBloke

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
I wish you the absolute best of luck gnees, I might order another in the hopes tht it's actually a Classic board, I'm funny like that :lol:
Don't get me wrong, I love my classic's. I just like the white or Aqua LED. I don't vape above 9.4.:)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
My Red and black Classic was ordered September 16th and it is a Classic...not a P3...
Mine was ordered last weekend, I missed out on the batch yours came from because they put up some red/black hybrid 2.5's and I just had to have one of them.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR

Hmm. Wonder if we'll ever see a P3 upgrade option for the Classic, like they did with the V1 to V2?

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
As is mine :banana:

P3 Board and Software in my new Classic!!!!! ProVape, what's the deal?

P3 Board and Software in my new Classic!!!!! ProVape, what's the deal?

Well that's interesting......

..........Few hours later she emails me and says we DO have red/black tubes and can assemble them if you'd still like one, it will take a bit longer.

Well there's definitely been at least 2 so far. Mine and ENAUDS :)

Trying my luck.
latest

red/black classic ordered.
I've got fingers, toes and nads crossed for you Gnees :D

Good things happen to good people. :thumb:
We're all good people here matey :thumbs:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I was thinking about this, and wondering if this would get ProVape in trouble with the FDA deeming regs, as this would technically be a "new vaping device."

...unless they made them that way before the deeming regs took place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread