Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I was thinking about this, and wondering if this would get ProVape in trouble with the FDA deeming regs, as this would technically be a "new vaping device."

...unless they made them that way before the deeming regs took place.
I know of one that was made over a year ago, it was a one off and I cannot tell you more than this because of a promise of secrecy.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I had a moment of panic this morning. I have been watching the inventory numbers on the B/R pretty close trying to make it to a flash sale, and last nite there were 20 left. This morning I checked for a 20 amount and got a message that said out of stock. Crap! Just for the heck of it, I entered 1 in the box, and bingo, good to go. So I said to heck with the flash sale, and ordered one. Whew! So all is well. :)

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I had a moment of panic this morning. I have been watching the inventory numbers on the B/R pretty close trying to make it to a flash sale, and last nite there were 20 left. This morning I checked for a 20 amount and got a message that said out of stock. Crap! Just for the heck of it, I entered 1 in the box, and bingo, good to go. So I said to heck with the flash sale, and ordered one. Whew! So all is well. :)
Flash Sale vs P3 chipset made that a pretty simple choice, didn't it?

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Are all of them coming with the P3 chip? I thought it was just one here and there. It's just a good deal anyway. I have a P3, and for me the P3 chip isn't that big a deal. The Classic does everything I need it to do. I'm just happy to get another for 50 bucks. :)

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I used the boost for a while, but came to the conclusion that it really isn't necessary unless you're using thicker wire. ymmv.
I've been in the habit for years of pressing the button as I'm bringing the vaping device up to my mouth...my way of preheating the coil.

Not sure I can break that habit, but it's worth a shot.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I've been in the habit for years of pressing the button as I'm bringing the vaping device up to my mouth...my way of preheating the coil.

Not sure I can break that habit, but it's worth a shot.
I do a primer pull then take my hit. One of the reasons I fell in love with the ProVari was the 15 second fire, when 10 seconds was the norm a few years back. My MVP would cut out on me mid drag sometimes back in it's day. I didn't warm up to the Boost feature...get it? warm up!? :lol: I kid.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
@iBloke , seems we hit the lottery big time! Blake just got back to me and reported that he checked the remaining stock and they were all Classic firmware.
He sent this pic to me and an LOL

zI5ntnNIcKQNUmrt5Pehz0olD

Sounds like it was a parts mix up somewhere along the line.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Sooo, it looks like I get a P3 in Classics clothing? Cool, I guess.
Actually I like the looks of the P3 better than the Classic. To each his own eh. :)
That might not be the case opl, seems the few that got out were some sort of mix up on the assembly line.

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
@iBloke , seems we hit the lottery big time! Blake just got back to me and reported that he checked the remaining stock and they were all Classic firmware.
He sent this pic to me and an LOL

zI5ntnNIcKQNUmrt5Pehz0olD

Sounds like it was a parts mix up somewhere along the line.
Well it's noice to have a win now and then..but I do hope there'll be at least a couple more receive their lucky dip Classic "P3's" in the next day or so :)

...Call me old school, but the Classic just looks better than the P3, in my opinion.
I like the tear drops too :thumb:

Some poor bloke is looking at his P3 right now and saying, "why is this only going up to 15 watts?"
:blink: I hadn't thought of that. Somebody at Provape might be gettin' their botty kicked..

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Well it's noice to have a win now and then..but I do hope there'll be at least a couple more receive their lucky dip Classic "P3's" in the next day or so :)

I like the tear drops too :thumb:

:blink: I hadn't thought of that. Somebody at Provape might be gettin' their botty kicked..
or maybe some one was just havin' a lil' fun on the line mixin' things up a bit :lol::)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread