Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
Not only the knockoffs, but I was looking at some of the L-Rider stuff on alibaba and many of their product descriptions are obvious copy/paste ripoffs from ProVari's site (they even left your trade name 'ProVari' in a few places by mistake!)

See the following as an example:

New Ego-3 with variable volt from 3.0-6.0v - Detailed info for New Ego-3 with variable volt from 3.0-6.0v,new generation Ego,New Ego-3 with variable volt from 3.0-6.0v,ego-3 on Alibaba.com

The Hottest E-cigarette Lava tube - Detailed info for The Hottest E-cigarette Lava tube,lava tube,The Hottest E-cigarette Lava tube,lava tube on Alibaba.com

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Not sure if this was asked elsewhere but I was curious...is the top cap glued into the device or is it installed in a more durable way? Apparently the V1 was (according to a vid I saw on youtube) but I heard that was not the case for the V2 device. Just wanted to get an offical answer on this.

Thanks

Dont go by that video i know your talking about . Its not the truth.The top cap is press fit and will NEVER come loose by itself . You can drop it ,throw it etc and the top cap will never come loose unless you phisically bang it out from the inside with a hammer.

sachavaca

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
west coast
I purchased replacement springs and tried to install as originals were. not succesful so I put it in upside down but it does fall out. contacted you as how to install, you suggested pencil eraser and push into place. that does not work with new springs, sure if I was re-installing one that has already become pre-formed It works and so does my finger. I managed to get spring in cap for 18500 battery but 18650 cap (no go). I used 2 small srew drivers jambing it into place. I do not understand why you suggest something that obviously will not work. If you use a special tool for installing these why not just say so?. If you can install a (new spring) with an eraser maybe a video to show how thats done.

narcosleepygirl

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
Seattle
I've used needle nose pliers, holding the narrow end of the spring and using a downward force, I then rotate the end cap counterclockwise to thread the spring into the end cap (yes, the end cap hole is threaded for the spring). If the diameter at the base of the spring is too wide, you can take those same needles nose pliers and twist the spring from the wide end into a tighter circle. This helps to seat it better.

I've had to install several springs into end caps here at the ProVape warehouse and this is what works for me :)

sachavaca

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
west coast
I've used needle nose pliers, holding the narrow end of the spring and using a downward force, I then rotate the end cap counterclockwise to thread the spring into the end cap (yes, the end cap hole is threaded for the spring). If the diameter at the base of the spring is too wide, you can take those same needles nose pliers and twist the spring from the wide end into a tighter circle. This helps to seat it better.

I've had to install several springs into end caps here at the ProVape warehouse and this is what works for me :)

Much better suggestion, Thank You. I have not noticed any threads for spring, will check next time I have spring out

YUzazaMY

Sep 27, 2011
bdr,pk.MY
Several have asked if the ProVari is just “assembled” in the US or “made” in the US, so to address this questions here are some details:

The ProVape-1 and ProVari are actually MADE and ASSEMBLED in the USA.

Parts - Machined right here in Monroe, WA. We use US-made stainless steel bar stock to produce the tubes, top caps, bottom caps, contact pins, etc. Everything is done on our machines locally. No outsourcing.

Bare Circuit Boards - Manufactured in Illinois. We do not purchase the circuit boards from China due to their poor quality. While the circuit boards are more expensive to produce in the USA; this is the heart of the system and it’s important to us that they are the best quality we can get. Each PCB is electronically tested before it ever sees components.

Electronic Components on Circuit Board – these are the only parts that might come from outside of the USA. Some of these parts are simply not made in the US, so we can’t get them from a US source, even though we would prefer to.

We use components from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, China and the USA.

Component assembly - Components are soldered onto the circuit boards at a facility outside Seattle, Washington. After getting components installed, the boards are tested several more times at our Monroe facility to ensure they are ready to ship. We test each one multiple times to give you the most reliable product you can get.

We don't cut any corners when it comes to quality control, testing, and component selection.

We love to hear all the positive comments about the ProVari and PV1. Thank you for your support! :)

I Really like to know if you ship provari to Malaysia? Cause I can't find Malaysia in your list to complete my oder?

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I'm wondering if you guys at Provape could please answer a question I have? I was wondering how many units you guys sell in any unit of time? Like how many Provaris are probably out there and how many are shipped out annually or whatever? You guys must have good business because the word of mouth on these forums is fantastic advertizing. I'd certainly like to own one. As compared to a mass produced model, I wonder how many units are made and/or sold in a month?

Vadim

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I received and have been using ProVari v2 since 9-14-2012 almost 2 months now and I want to say this is the best vaping device I own since I started vaping 3 years ago. (I have NOT touched self-made or China made devices since).
I love the feel of a solid device in my hands and it works with all of my different cartomizers LR & LH. The 2 batteries helped me get thru a day ½ of no power when Sandy hit NY.
Thank you Pro Vape for building a solid unit. Like someone said if you can stamp it with “Made is USA” that would be the icing on the cake.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

vikki59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA the North Bay!
I just got a brand new/used black chrome Provari. I really wasn't that happy w/my other vv pv (which is also USA made) anymore for reasons left unsaid... So when I saw this for sale I heard opportunity knocking...

All I have 2 say is my search is truly over on the pv part of my vaping life. Now if I could dial in my juices and find a carto/ce tank that made me half as happy I'd be totally set!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to save for the back up. You can't have just 1...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread