Status
Not open for further replies.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Saw this posted by Provape on Instagram yesterday. It is on the Provape site for $289.95

9c125be640a5725b9dd91a965c98b7b7.jpg

Tap'd from my 6 Plus

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Until they tint the lenses with red, or change the display to red only...

This is still just a consumers device.

EDIT: Is it waterproof?
:facepalm:

Actually, I hate to say it, I think you are on to something, especially the waterproof point. When the warranty expires on the P3 I have now, I am going to purchase another P3. I was going to get the Military one until the Ti Military was released, that's the one I was going to get (I have until @ next June to decide). But now, after pondering your reply and looking at for the last half a day trying to think of something Smart Aleck to say, I can't. You're right. Why spend that kind of extra cash for black rings and end cap IMHO? Still am going to get another P3 (unless there's a P4 in a year o_O) just not sure now if it's going to be a Stealth...

Thanks!

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Waterproof = good.

Not being military, I don't actually understand the point of red leds vs. (some other color). What's the difference supposed to be? The people sneaking up on you and planning to kill you while you're taking a vape break, are unable to see a red led + the clouds of steam hovering around you, but will pick out the blue display?

P3.5 or P4 should include sensor, when acceleration increases and your P3 is about to hit the ground, it should stop falling and hover instead please. K'thanks, I'm sure you'll get right on this dudes.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Waterproof = good.

Not being military, I don't actually understand the point of red leds vs. (some other color). What's the difference supposed to be? The people sneaking up on you and planning to kill you while you're taking a vape break, are unable to see a red led + the clouds of steam hovering around you, but will pick out the blue display?

P3.5 or P4 should include sensor, when acceleration increases and your P3 is about to hit the ground, it should stop falling and hover instead please. K'thanks, I'm sure you'll get right on this dudes.

Red light doesn't knock out your night vision as badly.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Hey, I was just answering that particular question.

Snipers aren't the only people who need to perserve their night vision.
Absolutely correct jw, BTW, I got to check out a P3 with the stealth treatment, it is an awesome finish, very clean look and great feel in hand. I would love to have a P3 with the stealth finish in titanium, an incredibly great combo to be sure! :thumbs:

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Fangirling aside, which I will admit to in this case, I've become pretty resistant to buying any more mods.

I've got my Six ProVaris, each of which has a particular niche in my vaping routine, and nothing else seems to break in much these days.

That may be because I just don't have the time, or space, to indulge the hobby side of vaping right now.

Maybe down the road, but for now; I'm not seeing one of these in my future.

Fun to look at the great pics though.

;)

Reactions: AstroTurf

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Lol, point taken... More than someone sneaking up on you, it's a sniper thing. It's the shade of blue that matters. Depending on who you were serving under dictated whether or not you used the red lens in your flashlight or the blue...
I should clarify, what I meant was, it's about trying to keep a sniper from spotting and getting a bead on you...
The superstition that it's unlucky to light 3 cigs on one Zippo flame stems from that. :smokie:

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Fangirling aside, which I will admit to in this case, I've become pretty resistant to buying any more mods.
I've got my Six ProVaris, each of which has a particular niche in my vaping routine, and nothing else seems to break in much these days.
;)

I've gotta ask, why do you need 6 ProVari's, 3 for each hand? You've got reasoning and some kinda rationale going, that's awesome, I just have poor impulse control and keep buying stuff that does pretty much the same thing that all my other stuff is doing, because I like Adding to Cart!

@coldgin96 & @jwbnyc thanks, I understand the reasoning behind red LEDs now :D

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Don't ask me.

:)

Two advs in steel 2.5s with Tatroe bases at home, Two Ti mini 2.5s with advs for out and about, a Dragon 2.5 for dripping attys, and a P3 Ti for the battery health feature set up with a third adv.

There is a certain symmetry in relation to the way I vape.

I suppose I could get by with a single iStick 20...

nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread