Provari P3

Status
Not open for further replies.

critterbug

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2009
Herein, VA
I'll start this by saying that I have a Provari that is 3 years old now and has made me a big fan of Provape... in the past. That thing has been thrown twice by a toddler, knocking its head off, leaving me believing it was toast, only to vape easily after I shoved the works back in. It's a kicker.

Unfortunately, I ordered a P3. I was enthusiastic about the boost feature primarily. I ordered it in the end of October, received it with all of the enthusiasm we all feel when we've gotten a new mod, and proceeded to vape on. Things went pretty well for a week or so and then suddenly all of my batteries were dying within an hour or two. I bought new batteries and bought a new charger. I tried my other tank. I contacted Provape and was told first to clean it (which helped temporarily, I think) and then was told that they would mail me a new spring, which didn't fix the issue. They then had me mail it back to them and... they replaced the spring again and said that they couldn't replicate the problem.

Provape has historically been known for good customer service. And I have to say my old Provari impresses me. I just wish I hadn't ventured into the untested P3 realm. Mine has problems and Provape will not address them. I'm stuck with a P3 that is of no use to me because a battery lasts a few minutes if chain vaping, but the moment I put it down for 30 minutes, it reads "Empty". To be fair, it seems that many folks are having good experiences with their P3s, but others are having what seem to be similar issues with battery life. That's a shame because it has the features to be a great PV. Some of these units simply aren't there yet.

mikewill45

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
I'll start this by saying that I have a Provari that is 3 years old now and has made me a big fan of Provape... in the past. That thing has been thrown twice by a toddler, knocking its head off, leaving me believing it was toast, only to vape easily after I shoved the works back in. It's a kicker.

Unfortunately, I ordered a P3. I was enthusiastic about the boost feature primarily. I ordered it in the end of October, received it with all of the enthusiasm we all feel when we've gotten a new mod, and proceeded to vape on. Things went pretty well for a week or so and then suddenly all of my batteries were dying within an hour or two. I bought new batteries and bought a new charger. I tried my other tank. I contacted Provape and was told first to clean it (which helped temporarily, I think) and then was told that they would mail me a new spring, which didn't fix the issue. They then had me mail it back to them and... they replaced the spring again and said that they couldn't replicate the problem.

Provape has historically been known for good customer service. And I have to say my old Provari impresses me. I just wish I hadn't ventured into the untested P3 realm. Mine has problems and Provape will not address them. I'm stuck with a P3 that is of no use to me because a battery lasts a few minutes if chain vaping, but the moment I put it down for 30 minutes, it reads "Empty". To be fair, it seems that many folks are having good experiences with their P3s, but others are having what seem to be similar issues with battery life. That's a shame because it has the features to be a great PV. Some of these units simply aren't there yet.

I also am a great fan of the Provari 2.5 and thus ordered a 3.0 after it had been out a couple months. I ended up with some of the same problems you stated. Provape "fixed" it but it still is a far cry from the delight my 2.5 has been. Customer satisfaction, once they have your money, doesn't appear to be a priority of theirs. Sad to say, but back to China for me.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Guys, what version software are you running on your P3's?

On your menu go to "RCL", then "INFO" to see your version. Some people were having battery issues with VER 36 (or older). Provape has since updated their software to VER 38 that addressed the battery issues. I suggest you contact ProVape again to see if your issues are within the VER 38 solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread