Provari Pro-Rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My camera is out for repair at the moment or I certainly would. A co-worker's husband is an avid photographer and pretty knowledgeable and I'm hoping he can figure out what the problem is with my camera. Since it is the weekend now, it will be a few days at least before I get it back. Also, I haven't received the pro rings yet either.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Just about to fill this ZAU but figured I'd share

zauring_zps9b34e435.jpg

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY

I'll take 2! :D

Soundhunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Love Field
Gotta say.. I really like the Pro-rings..just got a couple of hippos and they really are at another level if you use carto-tanks - Love the airflow control and not having to fiddle with the tank

These were not really designed for carto tanks as they clearly state.. but they work well and are significantly more cost effective if aesthetics is all your after

Last edited:

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
It sits over that, comes on and off easily (as in will fall off if you invert the device w/o anything attached).

TBH though I've been thinking of low harm ways to attach it. The black will only ever be on my black full size, and the aluminum will be on the silver mini. No need to ever switch them, but I also don't feel the need to permanently attach them.

Hot glue comes to mind. Or maybe some kind of light double sided tape.

index.php

not the best photo, ISO is cranked up to compensate for how dark my room is.

I really like the colors of the Mini + AGA-T v1 & aluminum pro-cap/ring. Ring matches the battery cap OK, and the brushed AGA-T & silver paint are well, way off but from a distance its hard to notice.

AGR + Boge SR on the black full size. At first didn't like the metal hint they left at the bottom of the cap, especially on the black, but its growing on me (especially with standard cap). AGR isn't effected by the cap/ring as its locking base is the main route of air. Generally have the AGA-T2 on the black but been really digging this carto-tank.

Both have Youde/UD SS drip tips.

Last edited:

yellowrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
MN
I am just not convinced that they are Stainless steel, as it feel and weighs more like aluminum. Not to mention the color being way off from any other SS I have. It feels like I can crush one by squeezing one together.
Also, they are really sharp at the bottom and get dinged really easily if not careful.
Not bashing them, just letting people know. But end of the day it is just a ring and does what it was designed to.

Last edited:

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
If you have access to a drill press it makes it pretty simple. I found some random hardware (bolt, nut, washer) so I could mount it in the chuck.

Then used coarse grit sandpaper & about 10 minutes.

Looks so much better imo, left mine looking brushed.

I am just not convinced that they are Stainless steel, as it feel and weighs more like aluminum. Not to mention the color being way off from any other SS I have. It feels like I can crush one by squeezing one together.
Also, they are really sharp at the bottom and get dinged really easily if not careful.
Not bashing them, just letting people know. But end of the day it is just a ring and does what it was designed to.

The pro-caps/ring? Don't believe anyone said those were SS. I'm not familiar with the one out of Asia, never looked at it.

I'm inclined to think a pro-ring could be brought to a machinist shop & get one out of SS for relatively cheap.

Faxed in on the Mojo Wire

Last edited:

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY

What I learned from email exchanges w/ BombVapor: the version 1, if you like, metal Pro-Rings were made of aluminium. The current production is supposed to be made from SS.
I don't own either, so... YMMV. <shrug>

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
I recently received a Pro Ring from Bomb Vapor. It's supposed to be stainless steel. It is very light in weight and is the right color to be stainless steel, but who can tell from that? This guy must be making a killing off of these for $20+ each.

Ya got that right. Makes me wish my b-i-l was a machinist instead of a fabricator. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread