• Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Oh, found colored P3 rings-
    ring.png

Belushi

ECF Veteran
    Jun 14, 2009
    The Colony, TX
    Hmmm, laughed when my wife had to share my Provari P3 when her istick went crazy on our way to Houston. She laughed when my son (adult son) dropped my old Provari in the bath tub and it quit working. I laughed back when it started working two days latter.

Using a iSick for the day while my P3 gets a firmware upgrade, no reason why they couldn't do it realtime, but B&M insist on keeping for a day. Think my wife has three of the minis now. If you are one who likes change or likes to have many devices, Provari probably not for you. If you don't want to mess with it; rather have something that is sure to work and has a high chance of holding up to your abuse, is backed by actual people, can be sent in for repair or reconditioning, you might reconsider the Provari. And it is made in USA!!!

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
    Mar 28, 2015
    Houghton, MI
    I'll go ahead and say it... I've never seen a Provari apart from in the display of a shop. It probably doesn't help that I don't have that much experience with other vapers in the wild, but they're definitely not that common around here. I've heard really good things about them, but never seen one and probably won't for a while. I won't buy one, I don't want to spend that much on one. If I could get a provari with 40 watts for $100 I'd do it. I might pick one up in 2017.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
    Mar 28, 2015
    Houghton, MI
    I'll go ahead and say it... I've never seen a Provari apart from in the display of a shop. It probably doesn't help that I don't have that much experience with other vapers in the wild, but they're definitely not that common around here. I've heard really good things about them, but never seen one and probably won't for a while. I won't buy one, I don't want to spend that much on one. If I could get a provari with 40 watts for $100 I'd do it. I might pick one up in 2017.

bones1274

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2010
    florida
    Name a company " out there that are as reliable as Provari with similar or better mods, which are durable as well, and reasonably priced". Just one.

Challenge accepted again. REO Grand. Similar, no. REO is a BOX mod and a Provari is a Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalation System. :pervy: As durable as a Provari? Yes. Reasonably priced? Yes. The Grand has only gone up in price $10 or so in the last 5 years. Customer service and support on par with Provari? Yes. 5+ years of proven track record and as reliable as a Provari? Yes. Don't get me wrong, I like the Provari and once considered getting one. I was just not looking for/needing the features it offers.

Someone earlier used a car analogy so I will bite. Some folks will spend $30k on the biggest, baddest truck that gets 10 mpg because they find it attractive, or has the performance they want, or they flat out just like it or need it. Someone else will spend the same money on the smallest teeny tiny Miata they can find because they want what that model offers over the truck. Either way, both parties are happy with their decision and it really doesn't matter what others think, or that they could have gotten better for less. As long as you are using a mod that works for you and it gets you off the cigs, then good on you because thats all that matters. For some people it takes a rent check to find that mod, and for some it takes the price of a nice meal.

tl;dr: As long as you are happy with what you have, who cares. But for God's sake, think of the children! :lol:

Reactions: bluecat

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Challenge accepted again. REO Grand. Similar, no. REO is a BOX mod and a Provari is a Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalation System. :pervy: As durable as a Provari? Yes. Reasonably priced? Yes. The Grand has only gone up in price $10 or so in the last 5 years. Customer service and support on par with Provari? Yes. 5+ years of proven track record and as reliable as a Provari? Yes. Don't get me wrong, I like the Provari and once considered getting one. I was just not looking for/needing the features it offers.

Someone earlier used a car analogy so I will bite. Some folks will spend $30k on the biggest, baddest truck that gets 10 mpg because they find it attractive, or has the performance they want, or they flat out just like it or need it. Someone else will spend the same money on the smallest teeny tiny Miata they can find because they want what that model offers over the truck. Either way, both parties are happy with their decision and it really doesn't matter what others think, or that they could have gotten better for less. As long as you are using a mod that works for you and it gets you off the cigs, then good on you because thats all that matters. For some people it takes a rent check to find that mod, and for some it takes the price of a nice meal.

tl;dr: As long as you are happy with what you have, who cares. But for God's sake, think of the children! :lol:
    You dont have to sell me on REOs. I have 5 of em! I agree with you, but that's not even close to what Alice was implying.

Reactions: ScandaLeX

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    California
    A couple of things I don't understand about these threads
    1) any time someone posts reasons why provari doesn't work for them, they are automatically "provari bashing" followed by an ironic comment about cheap PRC crap.....
    Which ties in to...
    2) the assumption that all mods out of china are crap.
    To the first point, we all have our preferences, and there is a device out there to suit us all. If you like a device, great. Why so defensive if someone else says why they don't?
    As to PRC only producing cheap junk, that's just not true anymore. I posted a video of an MVP receiving abuse above and beyond what anyone would accidentally subject one to (thrown out of a third story window into pavement, ran over by a car, shot by an arrow, slashed with a machete) and it continued to operate throughout it all.
    Yihi makes some of the best chips on the market, and their sx mini is a great mod. The provari used to be the smoothest vape from a regulated device due to its 800 hz pwm frequency..... But now many mods are using a dc to dc converter, so they have lost their cornering of that part of the market. I have a 50 watt zna clone that rivals a mech in smooth output.
    The short of it is, yes provari is a good and dependable device....but they aren't the only ones out there, and some are even being made out of PRC. So stop assuming that because we don't buy a provari, we don't know true "value" or recognize quality. As insulting as some of you seem to find any criticism of provari..... You are doing the same thing with your quips about other mods.
    Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    To be honest, I have no idea of how good Provari's warranty & customer service is. I've never had the need to use them.

How ironic that this anti-Provari thread showed up today ... I just have to add this link from what I just posted in the P3 thread.

ProVape customer service you ask about? ... this all went down coordinated around my week long holiday here in Florida :party:

if anyone wants to know what all this cost me at the ProVape Spa ... PM me.

Official ProVari 3 Thread - P3 | Page 720 | E-Cigarette Forum

my post is near the bottom (not much past a post from a very active ProVape employee).

cheers :cool:

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    It's really very simple. If you want to high watts and low ohms, it's the wrong device.
    There are still plenty of folks who are happy vaping 8, 10, 12 watts, with a clearo or a cartotank or a Kayfun or something. Fact is, I switch back and forth all day from an RBA on a mechanical to a ProVari with a cartotank. I like em both. I DON'T like stuff under about 0.5 ohms. I've tried it, it's just not how I vape.

The ProVari is a fantastically designed and machined device for people moving up from an Ego, or who simply have found their happy place above 1 ohm. A fair number of people prefer a tight draw, that kind of keeps them away from hiwatt/lo-ohm setups.

Yes - it's stupid to call a 15 watt device "subohm capable". And they could have sold more P3's if it was higher wattage - but they're just not competing with the hiwatt box market.

That's what's silly about these threads - OF COURSE it doesn't look competitive with an iStick50 or a Sigelei 150 if you're measurement is $/watt. And a Land Cruiser ($80K) isn't competitive with a Camaro ($24K) if you're comparing speed (or mpg). But depending what you want, you might prefer a Land Cruiser even though it's slower and costs more.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    A couple of things I don't understand about these threads
    1) any time someone posts reasons why provari doesn't work for them, they are automatically "provari bashing" followed by an ironic comment about cheap PRC crap.....
    Which ties in to...
    2) the assumption that all mods out of china are crap.
    To the first point, we all have our preferences, and there is a device out there to suit us all. If you like a device, great. Why so defensive if someone else says why they don't?
    As to PRC only producing cheap junk, that's just not true anymore. I posted a video of an MVP receiving abuse above and beyond what anyone would accidentally subject one to (thrown out of a third story window into pavement, ran over by a car, shot by an arrow, slashed with a machete) and it continued to operate throughout it all.
    Yihi makes some of the best chips on the market, and their sx mini is a great mod. The provari used to be the smoothest vape from a regulated device due to its 800 hz pwm frequency..... But now many mods are using a dc to dc converter, so they have lost their cornering of that part of the market. I have a 50 watt zna clone that rivals a mech in smooth output.
    The short of it is, yes provari is a good and dependable device....but they aren't the only ones out there, and some are even being made out of PRC. So stop assuming that because we don't buy a provari, we don't know true "value" or recognize quality. As insulting as some of you seem to find any criticism of provari..... You are doing the same thing with your quips about other mods.
    Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.
    I didn't see very much of any of that in this particular thread. There was definitely bashing by only a few and from both sides. A couple slammed PRC gear and a couple made some ridiculous statements about provari. Most of us had a decent back and forth about the actual price of the mod. There's several products coming out of China that I really like. The nice thing about a provari is one doesn't NEED to slam other devices when justifying the price of a provari. But when folks feel the need to point out that their fast tech mega watt flavor of the day will outperform a provari for a fraction of the cost......well, it becomes irresistible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread