Provari, the ax has come for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I didn't see very much of any of that in this particular thread. There was definitely bashing by only a few and from both sides. A couple slammed PRC gear and a couple made some ridiculous statements about provari. Most of us had a decent back and forth about the actual price of the mod. There's several products coming out of China that I really like. The nice thing about a provari is one doesn't NEED to slam other devices when justifying the price of a provari. But when folks feel the need to point out that their fast tech mega watt flavor of the day will outperform a provari for a fraction of the cost......well, it becomes irresistible.
I didn't say the whole thread was going down that particular road....but I saw enough of it to comment :p

Reactions: Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
These threads are worthless as arguing with a dead man. Nobody is going to change their mind.

If this were my forum I'd have shut this down hours ago.

It's like watching a dog chase its tail.

It's like watching Congress operate.
But obviously worth watching....

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
These threads are worthless as arguing with a dead man. Nobody is going to change their mind.

This thread has currently had 223 posts and 2,861 views in around 19 hours. So it has had a post every 5.11 minutes and a view every 23.9 seconds.

Let's face it, these threads are popular, specially on a slow day. Even you and I posted here Jethead :thumb:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
It's just sad to see the way people talk to each other over something that is SO EFFING SUBJECTIVE.

And who cares what you buy, I'm not getting a cut of the profits from anyone.

I hear ya, Jethead. I think I've become immune to this kind of trolling over the years and that now lets me enjoy the silliness when I feel like reading it.

The nice thing in this thread is there has been so much sensible response that ProVape ends up looking pretty good. They don't make anything that would be good for me, but it's nice to see them getting positive publicity around here :thumb:

biloxi123

Aug 24, 2013
Roy, Utah
I have a Provari 2.5 that I bought about 2 years ago. Unfortunately I evolved much faster than it did so, it now belongs to the wife who still vapes in the stone age. I liked the Provari's fit and finish, the over quality of the mod and the service from Provape is phenomenal, but they seem to rest on their laurels instead keeping up with what the vaping community wants. The upgrade for the P3 is too little too late IMO. Death rattle for Provape...maybe if their expecting to appeal to the subohm cloud chasers. But for the novice vaper who wants to move up from their Ego twist with 700 mah battery, there's probably still a market.

Reactions: Libbydude

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I have a Provari 2.5 that I bought about 2 years ago. Unfortunately I evolved much faster than it did so, it now belongs to the wife who still vapes in the stone age. I liked the Provari's fit and finish, the over quality of the mod and the service from Provape is phenomenal, but they seem to rest on their laurels instead keeping up with what the vaping community wants. The upgrade for the P3 is too little too late IMO. Death rattle for Provape...maybe if their expecting to appeal to the subohm cloud chasers. But for the novice vaper who wants to move up from their Ego twist with 700 mah battery, there's probably still a market.
Box mods and high wattage vaping will come to a plateau just like everything has, many will move to the next fad. And it will have its own little corner just like everything else.

I heard your exact comment almost word for word about-
Ego
VV
Mechanicals
Kayfun
Genesis
808 batteries
Clearos
On and on
All still here and selling.
Vaping is big here you see em on the beach, in sams club even, at all the bars, laundromats.

To date I have seen 3 people using a box mod
Many mechs
Majority on egos and sticks.

Everyone likes to take their little slice of life and assume it is the same everywhere for everyone, and that's just not true

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Make that 4, just now got a coke, next to laundromat, dude was vaping at the register, asked what he's using he wasn't sure, ( i cant tell one from the other as i have seen none up close)his buddy hooked him up.
I said fire it an let me see the screen.

1.2 ohms at 12 watts lol

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012

that's kind of the problem, you guys think the aim is to change somebodys mind in 'discussion' threads and take it too personal and get irritated too easily. I didn't really come into this thread wanting to change someones mind. The drama people put into it and complain about is what makes these threads popular, thinking you go into threads trying to change someones mind. Discussions/debates are merely people giving their sides of opinions, it may get heated and intense, but where it goes south is when people start throwing insults out because they are irritated that they cannot change the way another person thinks, which in of itself is pretty ridiculous. Im kind of learning this as time goes by, participating in several threads about hot topics. I have nothing against provari, im not pro/anti provari.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Prague is literally a land of vapers. Vaping is accepted and allowed pretty much everywhere. I see mostly cigalikes and eGos- not eGo-1s, but standard eGos with clearos. A few Vamos and mechs at the vape club, but people there vape mostly as a smoking cessation tool, not as a hobby. ProVari are well known and sought out, not high power box mods. I've never actually seen a box mod in Prague- where there are probably more vapers per capita than anywhere. To think high power cloud chasing is the evolution of vaping is a bit of a joke...

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Prague is literally a land of vapers. Vaping is accepted and allowed pretty much everywhere. I see mostly cigalikes and eGos- not eGo-1s, but standard eGos with clearos. A few Vamos and mechs at the vape club, but people there vape mostly as a smoking cessation tool, not as a hobby. ProVari are well known and sought out, not high power box mods. I've never actually seen a box mod in Prague- where there are probably more vapers per capita than anywhere. To think high power cloud chasing is the evolution of vaping is a bit of a joke...
I don't think it's the evolution of vaping....however, I do think vaping has evolved. There are so many different options available to suit each individual. To say one style is any better or more proper than any other style is equally a joke. Not everyone needs to make the transition to high power stuff...but those that want to should be able to.
ProVape continues to cater to the majority... Those guys are smart enough to figure out how to cater to everybody. That has never been their goal. It's funny....do people actually think the tech staff at ProVape are in a room right now, scratching their heads, wondering "how the hell are they fitting so many watts in such a small space???" I highly doubt it. My guess is they have plenty of satisfied customers out there that are perfectly happy in the 10-12 watt range. I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing.... If and when they decide that every device needs to exceed 50 watts, they'll do it...and they'll probably do it better than everybody else.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
I've bought lots of devices over the years. VV, VW and Mech mods.

Most I've given away because they weren't for me.

Some I've sold at a loss.

Some I've just thrown away because they were complete junk or not safe for anyone to use.

There's only one mod I've bought multiples of and thats the Full size ProVari. To be fair though, I tend to buy them from the Classified section and try to only spend $85 or so on them. I like to take them apart, strip the paint off with scotchbrite leaving the paint only in the milled sections of the tube and reassemble them. One I completly stripped and then polished up and made super shiny.

I still have five or six other devices, but the ProVari is my device in use 90% of the time.

I've got a copuple of bottom fed mods (a Reo Grand LP a Peko and a Geyscano), an egrip (ugh, why did I even buy this), and an IPV Mini. They all do what they are designed to do, some better than others. Some of these are poorly designed (egrip), some are poorly manufactured (Geyscano), some have cosmetic/paint issues(IPV MIni), but they all work.

I will probably continue buying devices that look interesting to try, but I resign myself going in that I'm probably going to be disappointed in some respect if I compare them to a ProVari, but that's OK because they are generally cheap enough that I don't really get to hung up about it.

Use whatever you like and works for you. Not everybody sub-ohms all the time. It's not an issue or selling point for everyone.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
Watts and low ohms are the only thing that matters right now, at least to a lot of new vapers - but that will inevitably pass when the novelty of blowing clouds out of a flashlight gets old. I'd love to have a provari, I'd love have a new car too, oh and a new computer, and a big tv! But you know, priorities...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread