Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Maybe try Evolv? You must not have looked very hard. My clone kick doesn't zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Depends really on the build.

Evolv LLC - Shop Now

I guess the real provinaris are showing their colors. You all wonder why.. smh
I have real ones, did you notice the k2 is not sold on evolv's site or you just wanted to be sarcastic regardless? And dealers are continually sold out.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy

Yes I know. You did say kick and not kick2..

For 20 bucks I have real kicks too. That's how I knew they sold them there.

Just to add.. the clone kicks tend to rattlesnake on cartos all the time (Boge if that matters). On RTAs they don't.

Last edited:

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Before I spend any money on anything over $50, I will research for reviews. IMO, PBusardo is the most thorough mod reviewer on You Tube and I trust his judgements as they usually are in synche with my own.

I understand not everyone can tell the difference between processor chips when they vape. Lucky or not, I am one who can.

Yeah, you can follow your own reviews, but only after you have purchased something. I don't have that kind of money to burn.

I don't burn money either. I make a careful decision which may include a test run at a B&M. One it happened to be a Provari. After the test run, I decided not to buy one. Why? There was only a small difference in the vape.

I am not arguing with you, just showing the other side. Some reason provari users generally cannot see the other side. Liek the dude that laughed when I said my gear that has been reliable. Its worked for 3 years no problems.. his provari (s) for 3 years no problems. Isn;t that what we are discussing? reliability?

Maybe we will come back in 4 years and see.

Reactions: Baditude

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I don't burn money either. I make a careful decision which may include a test run at a B&M. One it happened to be a Provari. After the test run, I decided not to buy one. Why? There was only a small difference in the vape.

I am not arguing with you, just showing the other side. Some reason provari users generally cannot see the other side. Liek the dude that laughed when I said my gear that has been reliable. Its worked for 3 years no problems.. his provari (s) for 3 years no problems. Isn;t that what we are discussing? reliability?

Maybe we will come back in 4 years and see.
Lol, "that dude" here....if you'd have bothered to actually read this thread, you'd see that I haven't knocked any devices. I actually did point out that I'm sure there are folks that had a vamo or an svd give them years of quality service. You seem to be included in that group. The companies that made those mods aren't known for reliability, superior craftsmanship, top shelf materials and excellent customer service. They're known for making affordable entry level devices. I never said they all break inside of a month, but many of them do.
So, to say these companies are as good as ProVape was wrong. Alice made the claim that there were all these companies that make better mods for less money. I just asked them to name one. So, I can buy stuff from there.
I'm glad your stuff has lasted so long, though.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Lol, "that dude" here....if you'd have bothered to actually read this thread, you'd see that I haven't knocked any devices. I actually did point out that I'm sure there are folks that had a vamo or an svd give them years of quality service. You seem to be included in that group. The companies that made those mods aren't known for reliability, superior craftsmanship, top shelf materials and excellent customer service. They're known for making affordable entry level devices. I never said they all break inside of a month, but many of them do.
So, to say these companies are as good as ProVape was wrong. Alice made the claim that there were all these companies that make better mods for less money. I just asked them to name one. So, I can buy stuff from there.
I'm glad your stuff has lasted so long, though.

Yeah I know you are that dude. I was referring to this.

"Hey, great try! Yep, you got me....every one of those is at least as good as a provari ! Most are probably even better! I can't believe I didn't think of those....:shock:"

Looks like a laugh.. Was kinda funny too. Looks like to me that was a knock on them as well. Up until this you had not, then bam.. once gear was mentioned there went the slight. It's cool with me. I don't give a crap what someone thinks about my gear. It works for me and apparently many others.

You look at your tagline and see the plethora of devices you have or had. Many top line. No doubt you would lower yourself to a spinners level or a volt. Then again, personally, I don't care. I think it is strange one has to have 10 device if not more. All one really needs is 1 and a backup and maybe another backup (initially). At least that was my progression.

I do agree though.. I was not a big fan of the SVD, it just looked cool. I never owned a vamo.

I never said they were top shelf materials. I will say Smokeless Image's customer service is top notch. The others I can't say for their customer service. I never needed it.

How many let's take spinners are out there? Now compare that to the number of Provaris. Yes a lot more. Now let's add in user error. Yes, many of the incidents are user error. Since the spinner are newbie friendly we got them hooking up all type of cables. The Provari is not a newbie device.

Look at Bad... his one unfortunate error led to vent, which in turn, we as a community have been made better for. Still it was user error. We are humans and we make mistakes.

Before you go down the path I have never bashed a Provari. Calling them expensive for what they are, is not a bash.

Oh and American made is not always great. My american made fridge just died as did my american made microwave. Fortunately I got the extended warranty.. but I also get extended warranty service which is 7 day wait time. 1-2 years old... Oh wait, scratch that my microwave is Swedish.

by the way.. Have a good holiday weekend.. I am out to go boating.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
The only thing that really matters is if the user likes what they are vaping with and are able to quit smoking. Only took me 43 years to be able to find something that I could quit with; vaping. Did it with an ego to boot. Loved my egos for a year and thought the Provari was a bit expensive at first blush. Finally got a Provari and it, along with a charger and batteries, cost me about what I spent in two weeks on smoking.

Obviously a Provari isn't for everyone but $100 for a good rig isn't that much especially when your health is on the line. In some states, your $50 disposable (and all vaping related stuff) may soon cost you up to 90% more. I hope you all are keeping up with what is going on in your county, state and the FDA.

Bad, it's great to see you posting regularly now. :) You were greatly missed.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
all of the positive ProVape response to your question should fully answer your question ... we Provari owners are not a group of vapers who do not respect the value of a dollar. We are not folks who vape because we are trying to impress anyone ... we are just looking for the best vape for our money ... and most just want a vape that is much more satisfying than smoking.

I myself sold a used Provari for exactly what I paid for it a year earlier ... therefore, I vaped that device for a year for free.

The guy I sold it to ... he still uses it everyday with a Kayfun ... since then, he has bought himself a second brand new Provari (a gold zencote for $100). He didn't buy that 2nd Provari because he needed a backup, or was he worried, the used one I sold him would fail ... he just wanted to vape 2 flavours without swapping Kayfuns.

Then again, he is just a guy who wanted to replace smoking ... he is not interested in the high watt trend you are so convinced will bring the axe down on ProVape.

The bottom line is ... we get it.
So, those who don't use provari don't "get it"?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
neener_ani.gif

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

I hate speaking for WillyZee, and I'm sure he'll be thrilled to smack me upside the head if I'm wrong, but I think he means that those of us that use ProVaris get what that mod is all about. Many people that use Reos or whatever are loyal to them and I believe what they say about them but I don't "get it" because I've never used one. It's not an elitist statement. Making this worse so shutting up now.

Yes we haz, no doubt about it.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I hate speaking for WillyZee, and I'm sure he'll be thrilled to smack me upside the head if I'm wrong, but I think he means that those of us that use ProVaris get what that mod is all about. Many people that use Reos or whatever are loyal to them and I believe what they say about them but I don't "get it" because I've never used one. It's not an elitist statement. Making this worse so shutting up now.

Yes we haz, no doubt about it.

I have ProVarii and Reos

gd26.jpg

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto

The I get it? ... lol, you could be correct.

That statement is something many first time Provari users said after they were on the fence about buying and then bought one.

Before I tried my first Provari ... a thread like this one was started daily on ECF ... there were so many of these Provari hate threads, I was like ... what is true?
However, I kept reading them anyhow, trying to decide, are the haters correct? or could the Provari owners know something the haters don't?

One thing I did notice though, the haters didn't own Provaris ... they only hated on them.

Back then, I also noticed there were only 2 mods where there were no threads about device failure ... the REO and the Provari.

I kept reading ECF and seeing threads about broken this and busted that and was still convinced the haters were right ... how could a Provari or REO be that much better than my eVic ... I loved my eVic ... it saved my life and was also north of $100.

The haters were so convincing about the Provari being too expensive ... I was like, dayum, I could buy a Vamo, an MVP and some others and still have money for juice.

Then I found the classies and saw what these used REOs and Provaris were going for ... people weren't fire selling them, heck, they were only 20% cheaper than new devices.

That was it for me ... I had to see for myself and bought a used black mini. After first getting it, I really wanted my eVic to prove the haters were correct ... didn't happen, turns out, the Provari owners were onto something.

So yeah ... I get it now.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
The Evic was a very good vape for me too, with pretty smooth PWM and nice features. It made it through three drops, but was dead on the fourth.

I wish a reviewer could get a batch of different regulated mods and test drop them all from chest height onto a hard surface floor. Wonder which ones would be good vapes after the tenth drop?

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
The Evic was a very good vape for me too, with pretty smooth PWM and nice features. It made it through three drops, but was dead on the fourth.

I wish a reviewer could get a batch of different regulated mods and test drop them all from chest height onto a hard surface floor. Wonder which ones would be good vapes after the tenth drop?

Best they use concrete ... hate to see them crack a nice ceramic tiled floor.

Sent via iPhone

Reactions: beckdg

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN

And 10 more into a toilet. [emoji38]

Tapatyped

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I just wanna know why PVs always land on the drip tip when you drop them.

You just need to slow down the delivery a bit, maybe loosen up your arm. Too much rotation on the release is my guess.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
I suppose I could be considered a Provari fanboi, although I greatly dislike that moniker. They are worth the cost TO ME. YMMV. There are less expensive devices that others enjoy. I am happy they've found something that works for them. I've had box mods, including REOs, and decided they aren't as comfortable in my hand as a tube. If you like a box mod, great. I don't chase clouds, if you do, I don't understand the excitement, but go ahead and enjoy them.

When I started vaping 20 months ago, I saw many Provari owners recommending egos and spinners to newbie vapers based on their stated needs, budget etc. Getting a Provari was explicitly not recommended for newbies, rather they were told to figure out what they like/want before buying one. It was later that the sarcastic 'just get a Provari' posts came along, often by people who didn't own one. In the multiple threads like this, I haven't seen Provari owners claim Provari is for everyone. I've seen happy owners stating some of the things that matter to them. Others may not think these things are important and that's Ok. It's a personal, subjective choice. It is beyond frustrating to be asked to defend my choice of vape gear time after time, and again as the title of this thread implies one needs to do.
My motto - vape what you like and be happy. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread