Provari to Lavatube - Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Apollo vs Provari, what am I getting with a Provari that the Apollo will not provide? Will the Apollo hold the voltage till the end of battery like the Provari?

Like misterkai said, there's been some debate. However, I have heard that the newer version, with the 3.2A limit, has tightened that up. I'm eagerly waiting for reviews because it is out, but not all vendors have it. Other than that, with a Provari you're getting prestige, and the knowledge that your Provari will probably last you for years, even though it's all beat up and obsolete.

misterkai

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
San Diego
However, I have heard that the newer version, with the 3.2A limit, has tightened that up. I'm eagerly waiting for reviews because it is out, but not all vendors have it.

Wait, WHAT? I thought that the only the Provari V2 had an increased amp limit, not the new LT... In the video I just linked to above, I don't remember hearing him saying anything about a 3.2A limit! Have I missed something quite important?

misterkai

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
San Diego
I usually only vape 3ohm at about 4.7-5V which would max at 8.3W & 1.67A so the version 1 Lavatube shouldn't be a problem, right?

The LT V1 (with a 2.5 amp limiter) will power that with zero problems. The only real benefit from higher amp limits (as I understand) is the ability to better power LR or DC cartos...

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I thought that a VV would not need to be in my arsenal, but yesterday I experienced first hand on how huge of a difference a new battery is compared to a half full one. The flavor, TH and even vapor are so much more intense when the voltage is at 3.7... I am seriously considering the V-Tube as my first VV. I cannot afford the Provari until my wife gets into her career in August....sigh...

Must add in... I just read on the CCV Lavatube, now I am torn between the two... The LT seems to be a better deal with what CCV is offering with it..

Last edited:

misterkai

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
San Diego
I thought that a VV would not need to be in my arsenal, but yesterday I experienced first hand on how huge of a difference a new battery is compared to a half full one. The flavor, TH and even vapor are so much more intense when the voltage is at 3.7... I am seriously considering the V-Tube as my first VV. I cannot afford the Provari until my wife gets into her career in August....sigh...

Must add in... I just read on the CCV Lavatube, now I am torn between the two... The LT seems to be a better deal with what CCV is offering with it..

I would personally recommend the newer version CCV Lavatube, but just for the tube itself... The batteries and charger that come with the kits from either Apollo or CCV are just ok. I'd suggest that you pick up a couple of of these batteries which are the most powerful I've found AND the price is great, and also this charger. Happy vaping!

misterkai

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
San Diego
Do the Apollo's come with AW IMR? Or another IMR? I'd rather not do Li-ion, and definitely not unprotected Li-ion.

From my understanding, all LT's are protected mods and will never have stacked batteries, so protected cells would be unnecessary...

As far as IMR vs. Li-ion, the batteries I linked to above can drain at up to 6 amps. The old LT limits at 2.5 and the new LT limits at 3.2 amps, so what's the benefit of high-drain batteries?

I am a relatively new vaper and am just starting to understand batteries, I hope my questions here aren't pure ignorance...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread