Status
Not open for further replies.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I have the old top cap, because I had to have the pink one. Anything else puts it at risk in this house. My hubby is a known vape gear thief. If it's better then his vape, he claims it. So, grooves or no grooves, for my first Provari purchase, it had to be as girly as possible. After, he can take whatever he likes.

Sounds like he needs a shock collar.

Sir....Turn around slowly and step away from the ProVari.........Don't make me use this.....

Knifemaker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2010
Central Texas
This seems odd, as the pro-tank-II has groves aleready machined in it's base. LARGE ones at that.
That said, I'm now using a Russian 3.1 on my Provari with no problems at all.

I did have the same problem posted here on the old Prosmoker-3, and took the top cap into my shop and milled the cap to look exactly like the new cap from Provari. It looks exactly the same. Just ahead of my time I guess! And once again, none of the credit. LOL!!!:p

Last edited:

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
The aerotank base from kanger tech is the way to go. I Have them on 5 of my pro-tanks both 1 and 2

This exactly^^^^^^ I have the aero bases on all of my PT2's and have no issues at all running them on my Provari. I rebuild my coils and use organic cotton and I'm one happy camper with them. I do have several RBA's as well and those run good on it too.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Before I ordered the metallic green ProVari, I emailed ProVape and asked if I would be getting the new topcap. I was told that only clearance items have the old version.

This statement seems to be a bit misleading...I just now received a brand new Green Blue hybrid Provari, and there are no groves in the top cap. Or maybe I got a clearance item and didn't even know it...seems to really be hit or miss as to who gets the groves and who doesn't at this point. I guess if the groves are really important to a prospective buyer, it would be wise to contact Provape ahead of time to insure that you get them.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
The bronze mini I just got has grooves in the top cap. I haven't tried a Protank with it yet. I really only bought it because of the deeming regulations. Of course, I bought my first Provari for the same reason with no plans to use it everyday. That just seems funny now that I get it.

J.R,

Rendier

Apr 26, 2014
South Africa
I bought one ProTank 2. Problems as others have noted. I fiddled with it ($25.00 for something that didn't work well). Bought a replacement base. Still unimpressive. I was thinking about Dremelling some additional grooves in my Provaris just to run this tank, then realized why bother? Protank went into the emergency/give away box!

This will fix your problem:

Kangertech Protank 2 Leak Fix - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread