• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Provari V2 Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I'm doin good man! Same old same old mainly, with a little spice thrown in from time to time! Congrats on your new addition, your 30th and your vape anniversary also! I turn 30 as well in 3 weeks lol! :(

Haha the provari stuff is funny. I only hate mainly to stir up trouble. I'm like you, I've owned almost everything now too lol, some of which came straight from you! (still have the woodvils ;). Having said that, the Vari just didn't do anything for me. No doubt it's solid as hell, but as a non tank user it's just too big and cumbersome and not pretty enough lol. Hopefully with the advances in technology, and the cash provape must be making off these things, they'll come out with something new and amazing in the near future to shut curmudgeons like me up lol

Nice to see ya Phil man!

As you know I've owned a lot of mods, a lot of which were even in your possession at one point or another :D, and aside from my Precise love affair, the Provari is probably my (dare I say it) favorite of them all. Cheaper alternatives are just that, "cheaper" and even then there are't too many single battery buck boost VV tube mods out there aside from the LT which doesn't scream quality when your read countless stories of top caps popping off and connectors coming loose. The Provari is tough as nails and even though the menu system is a PITA at first it becomes second nature in no time, and of course the extension cap is a huge plus. When you think about how a Vmax costs $130 and a Provari $159, I wonder why people choose the former.

Married life is treating me well so far, but I won't even have had time to enjoy a full year of being a husband as I'll be becoming a daddi-o in about a month. So that major life event will pretty much be eclipsed by the birth of my to-be son, not to mention that he's due a few days after my 30th birthday (bye-bye trip to Vegas, so long beer tasting tour of Belgium). From what I've been told though the birth of your first child is the single greatest day of your life :)

What's new with you? We rarely see you around these parts anymore. Oh and congrats on your 1 year vapeversary May brother! ;)

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada

I agree with pretty much all you said about the ProVari, and the reason we're not seeing much of Chinner is because he's too busy fiddling with rebuildable atties. ;)

First child.. absolutely the greatest day of your life. Just stop there.. right there is good enough! :)

Fiddle fiddle lol.. I actually just dumped my katana last night lol fiddle fiddle lol.. Too much fiddle hahaha..

And I thought the best day of your life was supposed to be the day before you get married?

Rttch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Edmonton
Fiddle fiddle lol.. I actually just dumped my katana last night lol fiddle fiddle lol.. Too much fiddle hahaha..

And I thought the best day of your life was supposed to be the day before you get married?

That's not the best day of your life; it's supposed to be the best night of your life :D

Jason-Tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Coquitlam BC
Ok, I'm thinking of going with the regular sized one now. Been looking at more videos and size comparisons and it looks as though the regular one is a decent size. I just thought it was going to be as big as the LT. I'm thinking though that with the extension on the regular size, it might bring it back to the awkward feel I get from the LT.

Just get a mini with the extended cap. Even with the extended cap its still a bit shorter then the regular size. Plus u can go smaller in some situations

shades

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
Perth, Ontario
Completely off the main topic but all this talk about little ones.... today is my daughters prom for graduation from high school....

So in the interest of an awesome old saying I am going to modifiy it a bit

“A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove, or the PV I used...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child.”

On topic the times I have used/handled a provari it impressed me, and even weighs more than my SS LT. If I could score one for an OMG WHAT A STEAL! it would be hard to pass up :)

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
Would be interesting to do a poll on how many females own a Provari. I think you need strong arms just to pick it up, and for that reason plus the size, I won't ever purchase one. And it's not worth getting a Mini I presume, when slightly bigger mods with bigger batteries that don't way a ton would be a better investment.

It's a manly tool, that Provari.

Silverkm

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
I ordered my first provari from VS and had an amazing experience. My second one I just ordered from provape on sunday, because VS doesn't have the specific one I want, it's already sitting at the postal center an hour away, guess it'll sleep there for the weekend and be here monday. My first one has a small issue and provape has no problems honoring the warrenty :))

My wife likes my provari, but it's too big for her. She just moved from a 510 to an epower a month ago, and she doesn't like it for the size. She'll probably start using my old provari at home once the second gets here. I thought it was a manly tool too, until ift got here, looks so much bigger in the pics, it's tiny in person.

Rttch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Edmonton
Would be interesting to do a poll on how many females own a Provari. I think you need strong arms just to pick it up, and for that reason plus the size, I won't ever purchase one. And it's not worth getting a Mini I presume, when slightly bigger mods with bigger batteries that don't way a ton would be a better investment.

It's a manly tool, that Provari.

I wonder how the Provari stacks up to the Silver Bullet....(I don't have tiny, dainty girly hands)

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
I wonder how the Provari stacks up to the Silver Bullet....(I don't have tiny, dainty girly hands)

I dont have a provari but the Vmax is roughly the same size..........the Vmax is on the left.
IMG_3682.jpg IMG_3683.jpg

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
I ordered my first provari from VS and had an amazing experience. My second one I just ordered from provape on sunday, because VS doesn't have the specific one I want, it's already sitting at the postal center an hour away, guess it'll sleep there for the weekend and be here monday. My first one has a small issue and provape has no problems honoring the warrenty :))

My wife likes my provari, but it's too big for her. She just moved from a 510 to an epower a month ago, and she doesn't like it for the size. She'll probably start using my old provari at home once the second gets here. I thought it was a manly tool too, until ift got here, looks so much bigger in the pics, it's tiny in person.

Tiny? Really?

Silverkm

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Tiny? Really?

Tiny compared to what I thought I saw in pics. I was expecting this giant whole fist get up, when I opened the package I was shocked. Everyones pic is always really close up. It's bigger then an ego, but smaller then a lot of the other mods out there. It's only 4" tall (without extender cap) and just under 1" in diameter. (this is the regular one, not the mini) Still looks like you are sucking on a screwdriver :p

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
I don't know... I picked it up and went whoa, no way I'm buying one of these. it's really solid, no surprise there. Beautiful high-end stuff. My Infinity Pro is tall and slim, and most wouldn't carry one around, but it's quite light. I don't have to lift weights and do arm wrestles to carry it.

To me the Provari is an extension...:D

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I don't know... I picked it up and went whoa, no way I'm buying one of these. it's really solid, no surprise there. Beautiful high-end stuff. My Infinity Pro is tall and slim, and most wouldn't carry one around, but it's quite light. I don't have to lift weights and do arm wrestles to carry it.

To me the Provari is an extension...:D
\

The Provari has heft, but it's not a large device at all. Even without the 18650 extended cap and battery in it, it does have some weight to it. As for size, in it's standard 18500 setup it should easily fit in anybody's hand. When you pick it up it inspires the confidence that you will not snap it in two like a cheapy thin shelled aluminum or plastic mod. It's built solid, solid like a rock. :)

LesVegas

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2012
BC, Canada
Its not that expensive if it comes with the blue or green led for which provape charges $15, and keep in mind it the black satin which is $180 from provape. If you apply the 10% discount code its actually roughly the same as the provape site cost.

I agree they are expensive for most things, and they don't actually say if it comes with the blue or green led. I'm assuming it might because they seem to have gone together with ejuicewizard on this deal and they mentioned the blue/green in their announcement.

Zurrix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2012
Winnipeg
My wife looked at me when she saw the price of everything after putting the blue led and 2 batteries and shipping and handling and I knew... (I just did the math and figured out that I've spent $850 in 1 month of vaping. lol)

I was sooooo close too. Had my hand over the "submit" button.

I'll bug her about it for my birthday. I won't be able to stop thinking about that beauty until I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread