ta2a4yje.jpg

Sweet baby Jesus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
There is only one true God and his name is ProVape. Come on guys, he's not a troll. A troll it not, simply, someone who has a different opinion than you.

If someone went on a Dani thread- not even sure there is one, saying how the ProVari 'beats the Dani in every way possible', would the ProVari owner be considered a troll? My guess would be yes...

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
I don't know why people have to storm into Provari threads like that.

I did the same thing to a habitual offender a few days ago. Busted into a thread and posted things contrary to the mod he was liking.

He did NOT like it....I didn't really enjoy doing it either, and the hope I had that he would realize the unpleasantness of his action through it happening to him turned out to be unfounded as well.

Trolls don't like being trolled, I suppose. (and yes, showing up in a thread about a mod, for the expressed purpose of denigrating that mod, is trolling)

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
As the phrase goes, "Haters are gonna hate."

Indeed.

However, when it comes to a forum, there should be an addendum to that saying - "Haters gonna hate, and the dumbest get ignored"

Seriously, though, I don't understand the ProVari hate. It seems to attract the most shrill, angry of haters. The fact that most don't even vape an RBA outside of the Provari's range doesn't register.

I know a couple at Vapor Delirium, a good B&M here. Finally, one day, I said let's swap attys. He had a Expromiser, I had my Russian.

Guess what? My Provari fired it right up. He was vaping at 12watts....and his drippers were set up to put out around 50, he said.

So, regardless of the fact that everyone should vape what makes them happy, and that 30 watts isn't enough to make a mod a serious contender for a large fraction of people who drip, hate, hate, hate. It's like a Provari beat their uncle to the their bedroom door when they were kids :)

On top of all that, the Provari isn't expensive when you look at the market. Most authentic mechs cost more, and any quality, US built mod with a good chipset will cost more if it goes to 30 watts. It's all illogical.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
The entire thing when it come to provari; completely and utterly confuses me. For a while I thought it was just because I was new to valuing and bad a lot to learn; then, I thought it was just because I was new I the forum. The word "provari" seems to be more decisive than the word, ""liberal and conservative,"
When I got mine back in march I looked at EVERYTHING out there. Price wise the "p thingies" are right in middle; where the sticker shock comes from confounds me. I have yet to see a "p thingie" owner jumping all over sebody because they bought anything else. It's always,"congrats" or "glad you like it." You say you just bought a "p thingie" and you would swear you made a bad remark about somebodies momma. Why does anyone give a crap?
I love my "p-thingie" and there is nothing anybody can do about it. The mech fans and DNA fans that I'm friend with tried my "p-thingie" and they likes it so much they went and got there own"p-thingies" it's gotta be an interweb thing.

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
I am on a few other forums as well, and while there is also drama, ECF is home to two particularly virulent hater groups:

1) Provari Haters
This group fights for each and every new member that is reccomended a Provari. They will ignore the fact that the Provari is solidly in the middle of the price curve, all while assuming that everyone must vape at 30 watts.

2)Authentic mod Haters

This group uses the same methods as the P Haters, yet argues an even more subjective point : quality.
They sieze upon the few clones that perform better than the original, and ignore the rest.
The difference between build quality that comes from, for example, milled tubes and extruded tubes escape them. Many are convinced that the same mod makers that they believe are engaged in a market controlling cartel are AT THE SAME TIME collaborating with the chinese to pump out mods.
Any difference of opinion from those of either group is not to be tolerated.

Anybody can do a few google searches and see the glaring errors of both groups, but little things like facts dont matter to those two groups.

After all, the are right, and anyone who disagrees is dealt with summarily by way of insults, unsubstantiated claims, and anecdotes.

Its amusing, really. I just worry about legit information seekers taking them seriously. I guess if they dont do thier research its their own fault, but they should be able to turn to ECF and get info free of agenda.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
The beautiful Puget Sound
After all, the are right, and anyone who disagrees is dealt with summarily by way of insults, unsubstantiated claims, and anecdotes.
Unfortunately, that's also true of both Provari haters and some Provari owners.

Its amusing, really. I just worry about legit information seekers taking them seriously. I guess if they dont do thier research its their own fault, but they should be able to turn to ECF and get info free of agenda.
I couldn't agree more.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
If I were a new member on here, new to vaping and looking for advice for a cigalike or something simple, I'd more than likely he told I need a mech 'clone' with RDA and be told rebuilding and DIY are simple... I'd go out and buy cigarettes if I took the advice...

If somebody wants the most reliable vape PERIOD then yes, I would tell them to get a mech.

I guess I wouldnt advise it if you are the sort that calls electricians to change light bulbs for you.

Only the inexperienced or willfully ignorant are afraid of mechs (and RDAs)

graffiti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2014
CT
I don't get the Provari hate, but I also don't get the hype. I mean, I watched the Pbusardo video and was super impressed with their manufacturing setup and quality control. I'd love to see other mods, like the evic supreme or Hana to have similar quality control.

That said, it's an APV that can really only work for those people using clearos or tanks like the KF or TF. It basically cuts out people who want to dual coil or want to run a dripper that needs higher wattage. The PV does what? about 21 watts at 1.7Ω? That's the max.

I mean, I understand what the guys from PV mean when they say they want to produce a safe product and don't feel the need to cater to sub-ohmers, but you can pretty easily run a device safely at 25 amps with the right battery. Why would they think 3.5 amps is enough? I mean, even the VTR has a 5 amp limit.

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
The Provari 2.5 does max 15 W, afaik.

That's plenty for my dual coil glassomizers. It is not enough for (many) dual coil dripper setups, but dual coil drippers is simply not what the Provari was made for.

Personally I feel that complaining about this, is like complaining over a Harley Davidson having poor cargo carrying capacity, or a Hummer being difficult to park in tight parking spots.

It seems like everyone complaining about the Provari actually wants it to be something else than a Provari. If I went into a thread about a mech mod and started to complain about how poorly it regulated the voltage, how stupid would that make me look? Pretty darn stupid, I would think.

A saw is a poor tool for nailing stuff to the wall. A hammer is a poor tool for cutting logs. Quelle surprise.

Last edited:

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
If I were a new member on here, new to vaping and looking for advice for a cigalike or something simple, I'd more than likely he told I need a mech 'clone' with RDA and be told rebuilding and DIY are simple... I'd go out and buy cigarettes if I took the advice...

I first signed up for ecf at the end of March; I knew nothing about vaping other than the fact that i spent a lot of money on "stuff" that didn't work; but, finally found something that did(MVP with aerotank) and navigated my way through all the products through exposure and "legit" research. I came on here; because I was looking for a particular type of vape that I had in mind. I made the mistake of asking about a "p-thingie" not realizing I would get bombarded with the gyros of typical responses I now see.
2 members and I started conversing and they sent me links with actual information and when it was all said and done yeah, I got one. Now it's my primary PV and I couldn't be happier.
Had I listened to all the other people, who knows maybe I would have spent more money long term and need up back on cigs.
The point I'm trying to make when I was knee I didn't know what I wanted but I know what result I wanted to get. Had I listened to the wrong advice I could've easily ended up back on the cigs. We owe it to the new people to advise them based on their needs and wants, not our own. Sure, we need to tell them of our experiences and view points, but we need to make sure they realize that it's our point of view. I've tried allot of devices since then, some high power and some mechs and they just don't suit me. I'm just sick of swing some vets and certain vapors doing a disservice to some of the new people.
It's funny someone had mentioned the cigalike in a previous post. I saw a guy in the new member forum asking about just that last week. Not once did he/she say anything about looking at other products; but, most responses were people bashing he/she decision. Without giving ANY constructive advice. That is just plain wrong. It's not for us to do that. My mommy always said if you have nothing nice to say don't say it. I'm sure allot of other mommys said the same their kids that advice is pretty good. How does that person vaping on a blu, smoov, or enjoy effect anyone else's vaping experience? Yeah I stepped up and gave the OP some advice on cigalikes, since my fiancé vaped on them for 6 months I had a little experience with them. I didn't think she was a bad person for doing that.
Well, I called her naughty once or twice but that's another story.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
The Provari 2.5 does max 15 W, afaik.

That's plenty for my dual coil glassomizers. It is not enough for (many) dual coil dripper setups, but dual coil drippers is simply not what the Provari was made for.

Personally I feel that complaining about this, is like complaining over a Harley Davidson having poor cargo carrying capacity, or a Hummer being difficult to park in tight parking spots.

It seems like everyone complaining about the Provari actually wants it to be something else than a Provari. If I went into a thread about a mech mod and started to complain about how poorly it regulated the voltage, how stupid would that make me look? Pretty darn stupid, I would think.

A saw is a poor tool for nailing stuff to the wall. A hammer is a poor tool for cutting logs. Quelle surprise.

I run a dual coil patriot off mine once in a while and it does a good enough job for me. No, it's not as intense as my buddies stingray and it's not what the p-thingie was made for but it gets the job done. It's a dual coil at 1.46 ohm and it'll run it at 4.5 V.
I also keep one of my kfls dual coil at 1.48ohm and that hits fine too.
I prefer tanks I like having 4-5ml of juice in there and not having to drag around extra juice. I grab the of and an extra battery and that's all I need for the entire day. Once in a while if I'm relaxing at night I'll throw the patriot on and drip but that's rare.
That is what I meant by advising based off the persons needs and wants. For me, dripping all day would not work. A tank of juice with a steady, constant performing vape does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread