Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Have to chime in on something, VW is not a set and forget. While the wattage may be consistent, there is a difference between using say a 1.5 ohm dc and a 2.0 ohm sc carto. The same wattage the juice shines in the dc, scorches the juice in the sc carto. VV and VW both require adjustments depending on what exactly you're using....

Have to chime in on something, VW is not a set and forget. While the wattage may be consistent, there is a difference between using say a 1.5 ohm dc and a 2.0 ohm sc carto. The same wattage the juice shines in the dc, scorches the juice in the sc carto. VV and VW both require adjustments depending on what exactly you're using....

Some things should be repeated! Heck, I have some LR attys that can handle a certain wattage that other LR attys cannot i.e. EM 510s and Joye 510s. My EM attys do not like anything over 3.7 and the Joyes are a matter of preference between 3.7 - 4.2 (constant 4.2, not just a "fresh battery" 4.2.)

bob1960

Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Wisconsin
I think the continued development of vaping mod technology requires any serious manufacturer to keep pace with the competition; at the very least. And lead them, whenever possible.

The 2 line display on the SIGELEI Z-MAX, looks to be forward thinking; even if the language is clumsy.

a VW option also seems to be on it's way to becoming the new standard for high end mods.

The Janty MiD “One” seems to be very ambitious; but could find a niche with some vapers. OR become the new technical standard. Time will tell.

I look forward to ProVape's response to these new advances. I am confident it will be interesting.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Me personally, I'd much prefer a a normal led screen versus an OLED screen.I think the OLED screen looks horrible and really cheap TBH.

One thing to consider in any discussion about a Provari is that not everything thats new is necessarily better.Id be willing to bet good money that the LED we have in our current version will outperform and outlast an OLED in a stress test and thats an important consideration. When they built the ProVari it was built to last and thats one of its strongest selling points to a LOT of people.

Thats just one of the reasons that I hope if Provari makes a VW device they call it something else and come out with an entirely new PV design.

I want to be able to have support, service and parts for my version 2 without being forced into an "upgrade" that I dont need or want.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I'd think ProVape would be coming out with an adjustable wattage rig, or upgrade to the ProVari sooner than everyone here seems to think.

Yesterday I spotted a new item at JoyeTech.com called eVic, and it looks like their copy of a ProVari. Only, it has variable wattage. JoyeTech USA, Ovale, has this video up on YouTube on the eVic: a Versatile intelligent battery for electronic cigarette : OVALE eVic Promotion - YouTube

What says you, ProVari copy or what? Limitations like 2.9v to 5.0v max and having so many functions (more chance for problems)...

Even w/variable wattage on the eVic, I'm still asking for my first, ProVari for Christmas. :)

Did you also notice they sell replacement head units for the device for 50 bucks? Thats because they already know its a P.O.S. Unlike a Provari they sacrificed build quality for bells and whistles.Who the hell needs a puff counter? I vape until my button flashes then put in a new battery.

Ive already seen one instance of someone using the counter on the e-vic until the last puff and discharging the battery so low it wont take a charge any more.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
The Evic was also found to not have true VW, change the atty, go to through the menu and set it all up again. It's only 17 steps to get there!
I still don't get the need for VW myself, one time I like it hotter, another, cooler. It's simple enough, and more adjustable, to just up or lower the voltage to get where I want. Even using the same juice, from the same vendor, one bottle is good at 4.2, the next it's 4.6v, no rhyme or reason to it at all. I can't imagine changing one atty with this juice, for another atty with another juice that it's going to taste exactly like you wish. But that's my opinion.

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
I have seen a description of the eVic on Joyetech's website and I did not see anything about VW. Does someone have a link to this VW eVic device? All I have seen is it goes to 5volts. That is pointless to me. I like higher ohm atties/cartos so I can use less amperage and when I use my 2.5ohm 357's, I am above the 5 volts range. Same with my 3ohm boge carto tanks. I normally have those set to around 5.4volts.
I myself wouldn't mind a VW provape device and it would be nice and I know my wattage sweet spots but I have been doing it for so long, it is not really needed.

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
I use 3.0 ohm HH357's and run @ 5.5 volts .... 3.0 ohms @ 5.5 volts = 10.08 watts = sweet vape
only a 1.83 amp draw..
I have bought the 2.5 ohm HH's but as they age the resistance drops to about 2.0 ohms where as the 3.0 ohm HH's drop to about 2.5-2.7 ohms...
You need to do dry burn cleanings then. I had a 2.5 ohm 357 last me an entire year and it never lost resistance on it. I was always able to get it back to the 2.5ohm rating. With my 357's I normally will run them at 12 watts depending on juice.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
You need to do dry burn cleanings then. I had a 2.5 ohm 357 last me an entire year and it never lost resistance on it. I was always able to get it back to the 2.5ohm rating. With my 357's I normally will run them at 12 watts depending on juice.

I blow them clear 1-2 times a day.. then give them a 1-2 second dry burn. A whole year, wow. I usually toss em after a couple of months as they seem to loose flavor? How many seconds do you dry burn them?

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
I clean them with Hot water, then shake them dry and put the Provari at a low voltage then activate it to until I just start to see them glow. I never paid much attention to how long I hold it for as you don't want it to glow for very long. I usually get it to the point where I can see the individual coils start to get red, never past that though. I will keep doing that until it only takes a split second for it to start to glow. I know I am done then. Normally at that point, it is back to its original resistance.
That is the only reason why I retired that one. The flavor just couldn't keep up. I sent it back to Hanna and he rebuilt a new one for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread