Provari...why do people get uptight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There was nothing wrong with my thread. I'm sorry but there wasn't.
And there lies the problem....:rolleyes:
Whether you created the thread as a joke or your intention was to be sarcastic, it appeared to many people to have been created to provoke people and create antagonism, which the moderators have a low tolerence for.

riseabovethestorm said:
Ripping on another mod that is popular and used by a lot of people was a little out of order, though. Condescension never got anyone anywhere.
Altaire Versailles said:
Was this really worth a page long thread? If you hadn't noticed ECF doesnt like people stirring up antagonism.
retired1 said:
There's having fun, and then there is purposely creating provoking threads which creates more work for the moderators. The practice isn't looked upon kindly.
dracu said:
I think you need to lighten up...
retired1 said:
And this is what happens when the poster doesn't heed a moderator's caution. Closed.

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
hello there, I just purchased the vamo 2 and I am not loving it at all. Maybe you can help me out. What ohm cartos do you use and at what voltage to you use them at?

Also, if you use the 18350 single...approx how much vaping time do you get from them. Thanks.
Hey dracu,
In the other tread you told me you were a fanboy of vamo. did you change your mind? I am confused.
:)

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
Hey dracu,
In the other tread you told me you were a fanboy of vamo. did you change your mind? I am confused.

The humour is in the ambivalence, saying one thing and meaning another. The thread was always going to get closed I'm afraid, half the people reading it are not going to get it and will be disturbed/offended by it and there's good chance you will offend a lot of those that do actually get the humour.

It possibly would have flown better in the off-topic areas. Maybe...

In the new user area, not so much; it's not appropriate.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
There was nothing wrong with my thread. I'm sorry but there wasn't.

You better settle down. Talking the way you have is a sure bet on a ban hammer coming your way. The mods enforce the rules, and they aren't gonna put up with you second guessing them but so much. Learn to deal with it, or find another place to start threads.

Trust me, you will miss this one.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I really want to get a provari based on how well its built and how accurate it is as far as what I am hearing about it. What I do not understand though is why when someone makes a statement that it is overpriced or there are mods just as good and far cheaper, all the heat that someone has to take.

I thought people have a right to give an opinion. God forbid I purchase one and give a negative review on it...Will people be in front of my house with torches...????????????

He had a right to post this thread, no one can really be sure of his intentions. Certain of the APV have followers that are so fanatical and mean that their posts have the opposite effect then intended. Reasonable people distrust the product because of the fanatical attitude. After all no product is perfect or really the best.

I had a very bad experience this year when I bought an APV that had a tremendous following. Those who are familiar with the situation let's keep the name of the APV out of this post. I'm talking about my experience and not in the mood for the torches. I bought it because of the glowing posts, then I received it and realized that it had certain shortcomings [My Opinion] that weren't being disclosed. Then I posted an honest review of my test findings with some negatives. The statement of "All the Heat" "will they be out front with Torches" was exactly how I felt.

The post had to be stopped after 3 pages. Then the fanatics opened two threads with personal attacks that were so nasty they weren't stopped but instead deleted. 1 of the threads had 150 infringing posts. They even went as far as to post a creepy movie and to criticize my appearance, the artwork in my room etc.

I had posted a video. I used a voltage indicator and did scientific results. Not a single post went as far as to duplicate my testing and show me I was wrong. Quietly quite a few people messaged me that my findings were correct.

It's a real problem on this forum that people aren't keeping it civil.

Last edited:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
He had a right to post this thread, no one can really be sure of his intentions. Certain of the APV have followers that are so fanatical and mean that their posts have the opposite effect then intended. Reasonable people distrust the product because of the fanatical attitude. After all no product is perfect or really the best.

My own experience was that I I bought an APV that had a tremendous following. Those who are familiar with the situation let's keep the name out of this post. I'm talking about my experience and not in the mood to fight. I bought it because of the glowing posts, then I received it and realized that it had certain shortcomings [My Opinion] that weren't being disclosed. Then I posted an honest review with some negatives. The statement of "All the Heat" "will they be out front with Torches" was exactly how I felt.

The post had to be stopped after 3 pages. Then the fanatics opened two posts with personal attacks that were so nasty they weren't stopped but instead deleted. 1 of the threads had 150 infringing posts. They even went as far as to post a creepy movie and to criticize my appearance, the artwork in my room etc.

I had posted a video. I used a voltage indicator and did scientific results. Not a single post went as far as to duplicate my testing and show me I was wrong. Quietly quite a few people messaged me that my findings were correct.

I know exactly what you refer to, Tom. I saw your video, and the science behind it was sound and there was nothing wrong with what you said in it. It was your honest opinion of the product.

But that is not what we are talking about here. The issue here was that the thread was started, it appeared to be made with an inflammatory title, and even when the Mods advised the poster to simmer down, he refused. Here, on this thread he still defies them after the threads closure. So I didn't read the thread, I don't care that it was closed or not, I have no dog in the fight. But based on what I see here, I bet the mods were right on the money.

Look, I have had threads I have started and loved closed down because of knuckleheads. The don't have to own all the same mods to be jerks. The mods closed it down because things were getting out of hand.

Isn't that exactly what the mod was trying to keep from happening?

dracu

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
new jersey
And there lies the problem....:rolleyes:
Whether you created the thread as a joke or your intention was to be sarcastic, it appeared to many people to have been created to provoke people and create antagonism, which the moderators have a low tolerence for.

Sorry, but they are wrong...I purchased both mods with my money and if I want to joke about it, there should be no problem with anyone. You say people are offended...what are they offended by?...someone has a word to say about their mod..god help me!

These are my mods that I paid for with my money and if I like them or hate them...that is my business and no-one should be offended. I could not care less if someone said my mod was crap...everyone should have a right to talk about their purchase. It's a shame that people consider vaping like it's a religion...Every one should just grow up and learn how to have a sense of humor...I thought it was funny and that is all I have to say about it.

Happy vaping and long live freedom of speech.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
The humour is in the ambivalence, saying one thing and meaning another. The thread was always going to get closed I'm afraid, half the people reading it are not going to get it and will be disturbed/offended by it and there's good chance you will offend a lot of those that do actually get the humour.

It possibly would have flown better in the off-topic areas. Maybe...

In the new user area, not so much; it's not appropriate.
Oh, I caught the humor in the orig op, just wasn't sure if he was serious about the vamo, since he said he had both. Hence, the question here. No harm, no foul. Thx for clearing it up tho.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I know exactly what you refer to, Tom. I saw your video, and the science behind it was sound and there was nothing wrong with what you said in it. It was your honest opinion of the product.

But that is not what we are talking about here. The issue here was that the thread was started, it appeared to be made with an inflammatory title, and even when the Mods advised the poster to simmer down, he refused. Here, on this thread he still defies them after the threads closure. So I didn't read the thread, I don't care that it was closed or not, I have no dog in the fight. But based on what I see here, I bet the mods were right on the money.

Look, I have had threads I have started and loved closed down because of knuckleheads. The don't have to own all the same mods to be jerks. The mods closed it down because things were getting out of hand.

Isn't that exactly what the mod was trying to keep from happening?
Eddardinwinter
Thanks for the kind words, I haven't read the whole thread, or the Mods caution, but what he said rang a note with me. How many are just keeping quiet to avoid "The torches in front of the door"

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Guess what? As this thread is now degenerated into complaining about forum moderation, it's getting closed now as well.

Dracu, I'd highly suggest you read up on the rules for this forum. This isn't Reddit or any of the other "free for all" forums where anarchy reigns. The rules here are in place for a reason. Insisting that they don't apply to you is a sure fire method of getting extra attention that you don't want.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

Last edited:

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Sorry, but they are wrong...I purchased both mods with my money and if I want to joke about it, there should be no problem with anyone. You say people are offended...what are they offended by?...someone has a word to say about their mod..god help me!

These are my mods that I paid for with my money and if I like them or hate them...that is my business and no-one should be offended. I could not care less if someone said my mod was crap...everyone should have a right to talk about their purchase. It's a shame that people consider vaping like it's a religion...Every one should just grow up and learn how to have a sense of humor...I thought it was funny and that is all I have to say about it.

Happy vaping and long live freedom of speech.

Guess what? As this thread is now degenerated into complaining about forum moderation, it's getting closed now as well.

Dracu, I'd highly suggest you read up on the rules for this forum. This isn't Reddit or any of the other "free for all" forums where anarchy reigns. The rules here are in place for a reason. Insisting that they don't apply to you is a sure fire method of getting extra attention that you don't want.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

What he said ^^^^

I'd like to highlight this from the rules link that retired1 posted:

13. Freedom of speech
Your contribution to this forum is not a right but a privilege. As this is a private website there is no public right to freedom of speech. The rules we have in place are to protect the site, and to provide a convivial environment for our Members. In short: we decide what is permissible or not permissible.

And I'll just leave this here as well:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...surviving-first-contact-moderation-staff.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread