Not open for further replies.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Frick, not sure if this is the right one but I found them on this website:
Cartomizers

Probably can find them elsewhere, I found these froma websearch engine just keywords "punched Boge cartomizer"

Carbon

I don't see any punched Boges on that page, but it may have changed since you searched. It's not a big deal; I thought Dying2Live was buying Boges the length of the SmokTech dual-coils to use in the MV tanks, but he cut the tank to accommodate the shorter carto. Different sources show XL Boge cartos, but I don't think any of them are as long as the SmokTech DCs, so it's probably better to just adapt the tank to the carto you prefer if it's not the length of the DCs.

uuuugh I was doing just fine, now you got me thinking Frick - blah I am off to get a Big Daddy or Cartomator, guess I should have done that to begin with.

you guys got me worrying a bit now :/ haha

Ah man...sorry. I was just quoting what it says on the site. Do they look like polished, or anodized?

The delrin version from MV has very good reviews.

Sorry to rain on your thread, Dying2Live. It wasn't my intention.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I like the smoketechs better than the boge but I can only find them no higher than 2.8 and they have a sticker. the only ss smoketech I can find is the 1.7 resurrectors. I have yet to find any boges that are xl, or as long as the resurrectors. At least the 3.0 boge comes in ss. Madvapes sells 2.5 smoketechs but they have a black sticker and those stickers are a ..... to get off!

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
Ah man...sorry. I was just quoting what it says on the site. Do they look like polished, or anodized?

Yeah, same here. I suppose better to point out it might be a problem, than having one of you get sick though... You might contact MadVapes and see if they have or can get more information.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
I like the smoketechs better than the boge but I can only find them no higher than 2.8 and they have a sticker. the only ss smoketech I can find is the 1.7 resurrectors. I have yet to find any boges that are xl, or as long as the resurrectors. At least the 3.0 boge comes in ss. Madvapes sells 2.5 smoketechs but they have a black sticker and those stickers are a ..... to get off!

It's probably easier to just cut down the tank, as Dying2Live did. Then you can use very common Boge 2.5 or 3.0 SS cartos and not worry about availability of esoteric "XL" Boges.

Mom and Pop Vapor Shop sell the Mini-Sub tank that fits standard cartos, but they're not the metal ends like these newer tanks, and I like the look of the metal caps. I may have to order one though, as that side-fill set-screw looks like a nice feature.

Yeah, same here. I suppose better to point out it might be a problem, than having one of you get sick though... You might contact MadVapes and see if they have or can get more information.

They source these from China (although most e-cig items seem to be from there anyway), so any answer they might get from their sources might be dubious at best.

I often wonder about these "stainless steel" cartos, as well. Stainless is expensive, but the cartos are very cheap for the manufacturing involved.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Stick something round in the poly tank when you cut it, it makes it easier to cut, I use an old Trustfire Batt and shove it in the tube to start the cut, this makes it very easy, if your shaky about using a Batt find something else. The cut size is 1-1/8" on the tube for Boges. The Boges are way better in my opinion then the smoktech carto's by far, just my personal preference. As far as the Aluminum caps go I wouldnt store my juice in them unless they where anodized myself and prefer SS all the way.

Madriz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Texas / Central America
I was looking at the madvapes tanks as well the price is great but I really am not a dual coil kind of person I do however love my boge 3.0 carts. I never did think about cutting the tube down to fit that is a good idea, on another subject I just receintly acquired a little momma tank that fits my boges perfectly in stainless steel it is more expensive but I really do love it no leaks and it looks great on the provari.

Moofaso

Smoke Free Since 11-11-11
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2011
I'm right behind you
I was looking at the madvapes tanks as well the price is great but I really am not a dual coil kind of person I do however love my boge 3.0 carts. I never did think about cutting the tube down to fit that is a good idea, on another subject I just receintly acquired a little momma tank that fits my boges perfectly in stainless steel it is more expensive but I really do love it no leaks and it looks great on the provari.

got a pic? thanks

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
/

not aluminum so dont worry there..take a dremel to an old carto, it sparks, indicating its most likely steel, def not aluminum

That, and they're non-magnetic (meaning a magnet doesn't stick to them), so they likely are 'stainless steel'. I just question the grade of stainless that's used because it's so cheap.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
would the grade of stainless be a health problem if low?

I can't answer that with any authority. There are many grades (30+) of stainless steel. Cheap stainless is usually 18/8 (301) or 18/10 (304) in the US (knives and forks, things like that) but I don't really know what they'd be using in China.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
I'm worried now....can anyone chime in to make me feel a bit better? hahaha. thanks frick I think I'm just gonna toss this chrome tank from MV, better safe than sorry, right? but now I'm starting to worry about cartos and have been dripping all day hahaha ohhh noo my brain likes to .... with me.

I don't know if you should be that concerned. People have been vaping with attys with unknown coil material for quite a number of years now, using cartos with unknown materials, etc. I wish there were more studies using known materials, but AFAIK there aren't.

Do what makes you comfortable. There are so many variables. I'm not even sure that the clear polycarbonate used in most tank mods isn't leaching chemicals into our juice anyway. No one really states they are using "food grade" components in any of this stuff, and even if they did we'd have no way of being sure. Probably the safest bet is using medical grade components (like syringe bodies) that are tested and known to be safe. Remember, commercial drinking water bottles were made of a polycarbonate that leached BPA (Bisphenol A) until it was recognized and the formulas altered, and that was very recently.

I don't mean to freak you out, but we are on unexplored ground here.

Madriz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Texas / Central America
got a pic? thanks

Here you go sorry it took a while but I really love this tank it works great in every way!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1327541996547.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1327541996547.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 522

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I don't see any punched Boges on that page, but it may have changed since you searched. It's not a big deal; I thought Dying2Live was buying Boges the length of the SmokTech dual-coils to use in the MV tanks, but he cut the tank to accommodate the shorter carto. Different sources show XL Boge cartos, but I don't think any of them are as long as the SmokTech DCs, so it's probably better to just adapt the tank to the carto you prefer if it's not the length of the DCs.

Frick, in the upper right corner of the link I gave you (you're right the page changed!) in the search box type "punched" and you'll see the Boge carts I was talking about

EDIT: Nvm these aren't XLs I was pretty sure the ones I found originally were, but maybe incorrect there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread