Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
PDS_zpsa03931a7.png

photo courtesy of EddardinWinter

I know for me, I feel a special connection with my ProVari-toting friends. Only when the activity slows down in our sub-forum, do I branch off and venture into the general forums, or even more dangerous.... the classifieds.:yawn:

Sometimes I feel like invoking a little chit chat, or sometimes I have a not so ProVari related question that I want to pose to our friendly circle without starting up a whole new thread.

I figured I'd build an off topic Saloon here for anyone, including non ProVaniacs, to pop in and gossip.... about anything.

Last edited:

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
I'll start. Much like I had the "I get it now" moment when I got my first ProVari, I had to "get" what all the stir was about AVE Boba's Bounty.

Well it came today, and ...... I get it!!! It's delicious. I'm not a huge tobacco flavor chaser, but this is the first tobacco juice that I've tried that strongly resembled tobacco. I can see why so many keep it around as a staple. It is an equalizer of sorts. If you're bored with tasting new flavors, or just can't find the right flavor for your mood..... Boba's is like Ole Faithful. Fulfilling your nico need without disappointment or flavor apprehension.

I got 18ml of it, but I will likely get a large supply soon.

Anybody else have similar experiences with the Bounty?

LoganCrane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
TEXAS BY GAWD
I'll start. Much like I had the "I get it now" moment when I got my first ProVari, I had to "get" what all the stir was about AVE Boba's Bounty.

Well it came today, and ...... I get it!!! It's delicious. I'm not a huge tobacco flavor chaser, but this is the first tobacco juice that I've tried that strongly resembled tobacco. I can see why so many keep it around as a staple. It is an equalizer of sorts. If you're bored with tasting new flavors, or just can't find the right flavor for your mood..... Boba's is like Ole Faithful. Fulfilling your nico need without disappointment or flavor apprehension.

Never had a good tobacco flavor, so I want to order some this next week and try it as I use(d) every tobacco product made I.e. dip chew cigars snus cigs everything so it would be nice to have a good fall back flavor that's something I know.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Sense I started vaping, I started to like fruity & sweet flavors, and kind of stayed away from the tobacco flavors. I have not tried the bounty, but I did try Halo's Captain jack, has such a strong tobacco taste, that I could not vape it for long. Then I tried Halo's Belgian Coco, and it was better but still such a strong flavor, that I put both those flavors on a shelf for later. That was about two months ago, last week I decided to try the coco again, and I have been using it all week, who knows mabe 2 months of steeping made it better? I think I might try the captain jack
again, when I empty one of my pro-tanks.

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
When I first made the switch from cigs to vape, it tried mostly tobacco flavors. It seemed like a reasonable progression to try to replace a behavior I've had for almost 20 years. But I didn't have much luck finding anything close, and quickly realized that if I could find satisfaction in other flavors, that is what mattered more.

But after joining ECF, I can say the Boba's Bounty is probably the most popular juice mentioned so I had to see what all the talk was about.

It is quite a contrast to all the previous tobacco flavors I've experienced. In a good way. It has a mild honey graham cracker undertone. I definitely want to try the other tobacco choices AVE has now.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Sense I started vaping, I started to like fruity & sweet flavors, and kind of stayed away from the tobacco flavors. I have not tried the bounty, but I did try Halo's Captain jack, has such a strong tobacco taste, that I could not vape it for long. Then I tried Halo's Belgian Coco, and it was better but still such a strong flavor, that I put both those flavors on a shelf for later. That was about two months ago, last week I decided to try the coco again, and I have been using it all week, who knows mabe 2 months of steeping made it better? I think I might try the captain jack
again, when I empty one of my pro-tanks.

I wish I could like Belgian Cocoa. I really wanted to. It sat for 3-4 months because I forgot about it. That did not help. I find threw some cinnamon in it and now it's vapeable. This just proves that all of us have different tastes. I prefer fruit and sweets, which I never thought I would vape.

Raspberry was the first non-tobacco flavor I tried. I still vape it, and no longer vape any tobacco flavor. I have not tried Boba's and don't intend to, but many people like it. I stay away from the "popular juice" for the most part. It usually doesn't live up to the hype for me.

Someone at a vapemeet had Pluid and Maharah (sp). They both smelled nasty to me. I mostly DIY now and rarely buy juice from anywhere. No one may like what I make, but I do, so that's all I really care about. A simple fruit or two is enough for me to be happy.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I tried a few tobacco flavors at the local B&M's and didn't like them. I smoked menthols so I started with some menthol juice. Since then I've vaped mostly coffee, chocolate, creamy type vapes. I wasn't crazy about fruity vapes either but I bought some Vape Tree Banana Banyan and it's pretty good. So much so that I've been vaping it almost all day out of an eGo <gasp>:shock:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Anyone looking for a great tobacco vape should look no further than the El Toro Classico line IMHO.

EL Toro Classico

My favorites are Virginia Prime, followed by Cigarrillos Naturales, and Guevara. The price is really not bad for 60ml bottles. Be warned though, this e-liquid is the "real-deal", and primarily for folks who really enjoy a great tobacco flavor. ;) I would suggest trying some of the 10ml sample bottles to become acquainted with the line before a 60ml bottle purchase.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana

Me me me! I ordered a 30 ml bottle that I received roughly two weeks ago. I had read so much about it here and finally caved to curiosity. When it showed up I was in heaven instantly. I just received another 100 ml bottle today, can't run out ya know? Alien Visions has a loyal customer in me. I'm getting into DIY juice but Boba's will always be in my house.

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA

I haven't tried Bounty, but it's been on my bucket list for way too long. I'm going to make an AVE order this evening. Thanks for the testimonial. :thumb: If I don't like it, would you mind if I send it to you, considering your generosity around here?

Taste is definitely subjective... I'm also a fan of Halo's Belgian Cocoa and I love Malibu. But I can't stand the popular Halo Tribeca. I tried to vape Tribeca numerous times over the past two months. It's just horrible to me. Like smoking stale tobacco while smelling a frying circuit board. Maybe I got a bad batch. I don't know, but it has definitely had enough time to age and I just don't get the appeal. Sitting here right now, I'm alternating between a 50/50 mix of JC Red Oak Tennessee Cured/Domestic (my tobacco staple/ADV), a 50/50 mix of JC Merango/Vanda, Five Pawns Grandmaster, Halo Malibu, Halo Kringle's Curse and Virgin Vapor's White Guava and Snakebite. I don't even know how much I go through on Saturdays... maybe 10-15ml?

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
Anyone looking for a great tobacco vape should look no further than the El Toro Classico line IMHO.

EL Toro Classico

My favorites are Virginia Prime, followed by Cigarrillos Naturales, and Guevara. The price is really not bad for 60ml bottles. Be warned though, this e-liquid is the "real-deal", and primarily for folks who really enjoy a great tobacco flavor. ;) I would suggest trying some of the 10ml sample bottles to become acquainted with the line before a 60ml bottle purchase.

Just checked out their website and watched some of the reviews... interestingly different! Going to try some of their 10ml samples. :thumb:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I started out years ago with Boba's and Tasty Vapor flavors. I still like Boba's once in awhile, but don't chase it like I used to. There were juice-shortages on Boba's pretty often back then, (don't know about now) and I drifted away from TV.

I've been going the DIY tobacco juice route for quite awhile now, and treat myself to some El Toro from time to time. For something different, I made a bottle of orange creamy-vanilla dreamcicle a couple of months ago, and just filled a tank tonight. :) I think it turned out well.

Preloader had me thinking of Tasty Vapor again recently, and I have 4.0 oz doublers of caramel popcorn, coconut cream pie, and waffles with pecan / vanilla custard due to arrive on Monday. :) They are supposed to steep for a week after mixed with my base, but I may throw the bottles into a warm ultrasonic bath to speed-up the process a little.

ATM, I have a ProVari on my right filled with a tank of El Toro Perique tobacco, (not on the market yet) and a DNA20 mod with a tank of the dreamcicle to my left. I must say it's been an enjoyable evening... :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread