ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
So, three years ago, I bought a beauty ring (specifically 904 Innovape M1 Pro Beauty Ring) from Vapors Lab for my Provari.
Wow, long time ago!
But, it fit and fits fine for me with either a Kabuki or a byLeo Sophia.
Time flies. Stinks. So does, as I've said before, how much fun was had on ECF, and how quiet it is now.
Very interesting, I may have to grab one or two for the collection then, I know I had looked at them in the past and was put off by the stock photo.

Sometimes the forum feels like a shadow of its former self to me, so many have gone away, the pond feels smaller and smaller as time goes on...

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Sometimes the forum feels like a shadow of its former self to me, so many have gone away, the pond feels smaller and smaller as time goes on...

Please see sig line.

As time goes on, I sometimes cannot even remember some of our own. Tonite, talking with the DPL, I forgot the name of someone we all knew quite well. (i finally did recall, but no names here.)

Caricatures, absto.

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
before and after
Creme de vape trim ring.
CDA76FE2-D8FA-4ED1-ABE0-D11C79E5A1A7.jpeg

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
Anyone remember the Beyond Vape (telescoping) Spire. In the day, they retailed for up to $130 kit included. Well, the Beyond Vape site has them for $10 just the device only. Yep ... $10.00. I still can't pull the trigger on one. tank will never sit quite flush with the top cap. The tech is just too old. Has a 33.3 chip. Variable wattage mode goes up or down 1/2 watt at a time. Might be good in variable voltage mode though. Device rated 15 watts. Maybe if I didn't already have several sizes of ProVari.

spire_ns_single_700x700.jpg

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Somebody please explain to me how the Provari V2 battery check tells me the status of my battery ?
Press the button eleven times, then wait, the ProVari will display current voltage of the battery. If you have an atomizer on it, (recommended), you will hear the atomizer hiss as the mod fires it with a reduced load. It will tell you the battery voltage under the load of the atomizer.

If you click the button nine times, then set the mod to OF (off) , wait for the screen to go out, then click the button eleven times, it will tell you the voltage of the battery without a load (resting voltage). Usually the difference between these two tests is .1-.2 volts. If you see a huge difference, like .4 volts, it might be indicating an old or substandard cell.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Anyone remember the Beyond Vape (telescoping) Spire. In the day, they retailed for up to $130 kit included. Well, the Beyond Vape site has them for $10 just the device only. Yep ... $10.00. I still can't pull the trigger on one. Tank will never sit quite flush with the top cap. The tech is just too old. Has a 33.3 chip. Variable wattage mode goes up or down 1/2 watt at a time. Might be good in variable voltage mode though. Device rated 15 watts. Maybe if I didn't already have several sizes of ProVari.

spire_ns_single_700x700.jpg
I have a set of rings that allows me to use a ProVari mini like that, I think they were called " the twins" . Don't really like them, as it just feels kind of janky.

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
Press the button eleven times, then wait, the ProVari will display current voltage of the battery. If you have an atomizer on it, (recommended), you will hear the atomizer hiss as the mod fires it with a reduced load. It will tell you the battery voltage under the load of the atomizer.

If you click the button nine times, then set the mod to OF (off) , wait for the screen to go out, then click the button eleven times, it will tell you the voltage of the battery without a load (resting voltage). Usually the difference between these two tests is .1-.2 volts. If you see a huge difference, like .4 volts, it might be indicating an old or substandard cell.
so you really can’t tell how much more usage you have left on the battery ?

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
I have a set of rings that allows me to use a ProVari mini like that, I think they were called " the twins" . Don't really like them, as it just feels kind of janky.
Never seen those.

Was thinking the Spire might be okay in strictly 18350 mode for a grab and go but then recalled all the bad, well unsatisfactory, reviews of the 33.3 chip. Just not a smooth vape seems to be a common complaint.

Then too, I have several ProVari that are STELLAR in 18350 mode AND vape smoothly.

So I also thought for $10, the Spire might be fun to play around with to see if I could toss a DNA20/40/60 in there ... nah ...

Last edited:

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
Can you really tell on any device? ... It gives you an idea of the level of charge. If you've vaped that device at the same voltage/wattage/display usage/clicky clicky run time for a while, it will give a pretty good seat of the pants idea of how much usage is left.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Never seen those.

Was thinking the Spire might be okay in strictly 18350 mode for a grab and go but then recalled all the bad, well unsatisfactory, reviews of the 33.3 chip. Just not a smooth vape seems to be a common complaint.

Then too, I have several ProVari that are STELLAR in 18350 mode AND vape smoothly.

So I also thought for $10, the Spire might be fun to play around with to see if I could toss a DNA20/40/60 in there ... naw ...
A lot of them mods have the boards glued in, I had thought about trying to get the board out of my Lavatube mod, and cannot see a way to do it without destructive de construction LOL, and then I'd still be sitting on a 33.3 board. The rattlesnake is kinda a cool effect, but not for everyday use. Funny thing is, when I used that mod with a dripper, the rattlesnake effect was not as noticeable...

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
4-4.2 volts is full, about 3.2 volts is empty, voltage drops of pretty fast below about 3.6 volts, so yeah, you can kinda figure out when it's time to swap a cell going by those numbers...if I'm heading out, and I see 3.6 volts, I put a fresh cell in the device...it doesn't hurt to change a battery early, and aid rather have a full one leaving the house. If I'm around the house, I'll vape em till they quit, it only takes a couple seconds to swap in a fresh one...really not rocket science here.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Never seen those.

So I also thought for $10, the Spire might be fun to play around with to see if I could toss a DNA20/40/60 in there ... nah ...

How many are in your cart, Hobbs? ;)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
DUDE. 10 smackers! :lol:
Egggzaccary, I bought a Siegelli for a ten spot just to play with it, it rattlesnakes with the best of em, but hey, whats a tenner get ya these days if not just a lil entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread