ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I was surprised ProVape closed their doors too. But then after awhile it made sense. They made a lot of money in the time they were in business (despite someone's account saying they didn't). They hit it big and got rich. They were practical people over there so they took their gains and left the risk behind. And there were lots of risks with regulations being only one of them. The market really changed and there were lots of less expensive options leaving the ProVape products with only a small niche market. Sadly, and as I have said many times, the masses purchase on price these days. Durability has taken a back seat. This is what happens when our markets get flooded with cheap overseas products. Can't underestimate technological advances either. We've been conditioned to avoid higher tech purchases that cost a lot of money because it will be obsolete in short order. Too many reasons why ProVape was smart to get out when they did. I would likely have done the same.

I don't begrudge them their decision. I in my naïveté just assumed they would be there forever for me. :wub:

I get the why, I don't have to like it, but I do accept it. :)

Bronze, you are absolutely correct in your assessment. I've stayed in touch with vape360 and he echoes these thoughts to a tee.

And Robin, we're all with you. I too wanted them to stay there, just for me (and you and few others of course!).

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
a few years ago, I saw the writing on the wall before the FDA stepped in.

Therefore I decided to become a true vapocalypse vaper where Nicotine, ProVape and SvoёMesto might not be around anymore.

I think the final assault on 100mg nicotine and open tank vaping is still coming.

Locked down Pods and Cigalikes are the end game ... easy to tax :smokie:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL

Therefore I decided to become a true vapocalypse vaper where Nicotine, ProVape and SvoёMesto might not be around anymore.

I think the final assault on 100mg nicotine and open tank vaping is still coming.

I remember you predicted the vapapocalypse. I thought you were crazy. Wouldn't happen. How wrong I was. I don't have the stash of gear you have. I'm walking through life with 4 Radius, 1 Procyon, 5 Kabuki, 2 Kayfun v2 and 1 Russian v2. They'd better last for years.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I don't LIKE this post, but I "liked" it - because I think you are dead-on correct.
I have a trigger finger ready to pull for another dozen years of nic, the minute I see legislation approaching that would impede that purchase.
And I've always said that if we can't stop it, we'll end up seeing nothing approved but tamper-proof liquid cartridges - providing the same overall income to manufacturers as the tobacco that's replaced...

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I remember you predicted the vapapocalypse. I thought you were crazy. Wouldn't happen. How wrong I was. I don't have the stash of gear you have. I'm walking through life with 4 Radius, 1 Procyon, 5 Kabuki, 2 Kayfun v2 and 1 Russian v2. They'd better last for years.

I think you are good for the long haul Sir Rod ... this was actually the first Provi I have had to retire.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven

I think you are good for the long haul Sir Rod ...
I concur, especially at his age... :w00t:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I concur, especially at his age... :w00t:

Heyyyyyyyy........:grr: LOL :lol: Given the surgery I had last week, I'd have to sadly agree. I'd LMAO, but it hurts too much! This gettin' old stuff sure isn't for the faint of heart. No it's not.;)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Bronze, you are absolutely correct in your assessment. I've stayed in touch with vape360 and he echoes these thoughts to a tee.

And Robin, we're all with you. I too wanted them to stay there, just for me (and you and few others of course!).
Yeah, not really hard to figure out. Those ProVape boys have their feet planted firmly to the ground. They made a lot of loot over their 7 or 8 years (whatever it was) and they saw some pot holes ahead and wisely secured their gains rather than become gamblers and lose it all. A bird in the hand ...

Heyyyyyyyy........:grr: LOL :lol: Given the surgery I had last week, I'd have to sadly agree. I'd LMAO, but it hurts too much! This gettin' old stuff sure isn't for the faint of heart. No it's not.;)
Not fair is it?

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Well hey, at least you can count on getting old... :thumbs:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I do believe they were some of the first to be converted by Zen ... this was done before even ProVape offered the P3 top on a V2.5
I seem to remember that about your upgrading those, but wanted to be sure.

Now the reason I was asking.

I seem to remember Zen stating that an o-ring in between the board and top cap eliminated the need for the fragile glue.

I could be wrong, but, that would be a repair that some my be able to perform?!?

Jim

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

I seem to remember Zen stating that an o-ring in between the board and top cap eliminated the need for the fragile glue.

I could be wrong, but, that would be a repair that some my be able to perform?!?

Jim
Yeah, Mike started doing that some time after the OK came down and he was modifying them. I have a GMZ that was a very early mod and it is glued. I acquired a gold Zenkote from him some time later that he sent to me with a P3 end cap, when I asked him about it he told me he had just started doing the O-ring sandwiched between the board and top cap trick, and that it was much stronger than the dots of hot glue.

I think if anyone can figure out how to get the top cap off, that o- ring trick, or even going for some high strength epoxy would be better than the hot glue dots that were being used.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto

Jim

I think mine were done with the O ring ... I was going to mention this being a possible weak spot without the glue.

The board now moves just enough to cause it to not fire sometimes ... it is a very slight movement and is even hard to detect.

Sent via iPhone

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I think mine were done with the O ring ... I was going to mention this being a possible weak spot without the glue.

The board now moves just enough to cause it to not fire sometimes ... it is a very slight movement and is even hard to detect.

Sent via iPhone
Thanks Willy!

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Yeah, Mike started doing that some time after the OK came down and he was modifying them. I have a GMZ that was a very early mod and it is glued. I acquired a gold Zenkote from him some time later that he sent to me with a P3 end cap, when I asked him about it he told me he had just started doing the O-ring sandwiched between the board and top cap trick, and that it was much stronger than the dots of hot glue.

I think if anyone can figure out how to get the top cap off, that o- ring trick, or even going for some high strength epoxy would be better than the hot glue dots that were being used.
Wish I knew the o-ring size.

Users who are viewing this thread