ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I was surprised ProVape closed their doors too. But then after awhile it made sense. They made a lot of money in the time they were in business (despite someone's account saying they didn't). They hit it big and got rich. They were practical people over there so they took their gains and left the risk behind. And there were lots of risks with regulations being only one of them. The market really changed and there were lots of less expensive options leaving the ProVape products with only a small niche market. Sadly, and as I have said many times, the masses purchase on price these days. Durability has taken a back seat. This is what happens when our markets get flooded with cheap overseas products. Can't underestimate technological advances either. We've been conditioned to avoid higher tech purchases that cost a lot of money because it will be obsolete in short order. Too many reasons why ProVape was smart to get out when they did. I would likely have done the same.

I think maybe you misunderstand most people, I think.. it's not about technology for those who want to simply not smoke. But what your misunderstanding might be what we saw over the last year or two.

You guys got into provape early... and then you all stuck to your little clatches, and most didn't hear from you much.

I came into this forum a year after I began vaping. At that point, I knew I was going to vape as I'd been doing so for a year, and I knew there was enough on the market to upgrade to something.. but there was SO much on the market the question really was.. to what does one upgrade to.. when the essentials of what they are vaping actually works for them.

When i came here, when it came to provari I heard stuff like.. "oh I have a provari and use it sometimes, but I LOVE my pico I bought for 20.00 and use that all the time".. or.. "provari sucks"...

Then, you'd see the occasional, I dropped my provari down concrete steps and picked it up and it fired right up like I never dropped it.

It seemed, from reading comments, that the provari was indestructible.. but no better a vape than my ego. What NO ONE was saying, was that is WAS a better vape, an upgrade to an ego.

To hear people talk, if you wanted a better vaping experience you had to go off into box mod land.. and so I tried it, hated it, picked my ego back up and stayed there..

I figured, as I was invested in vaping, that for the longevity I may someday get a provari just to try it, but I had never expected a better vape from it, just a greater durability.. and even then, I was worried I was only buying a name, since it seemed so clicky, with only a few seeming to really like it. It seemed nearly a status symbol, and for that I just wasnt sure the investment was worth it... after all, I could buy a new ego once a year for 10 bucks or so and be, seemingly, just as happy with the vape.

So I wanted to try it, but wasn't in a big hurry to throw big bucks towards it...

When your looking at 200 for a piece compared to 10-20, you look at what people say who have owned one, or know more about them, and you really pay attention to what those people say.

When the biggest selling point is having it work after dropping it, the near 200 dollar difference seems more status symbol, unless you plan on dropping your device a lot.

Had people been running around saying it was a better VAPE.. I would have bought one the SECOND I heard it.. but I never heard it.

In this environment, where there are thousands of other, cheaper things out there, I think that in and of itself was detrimental.. how many are like me out there? Probably a lot.. and none/not many of us heard provari was a better vape.. only that it had longevity and you could drop it..

When you can replace your device for 10, that's not the biggest selling point you need to push.. people are in this for the vape.. and not everyone is all thumbs..

Last edited:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Opinionated, I hear you. For me, I was never really on any other threads as once I did my research, I went Provari after every lesser device I had purchased died within months of purchase. So, I only hung out on the Provape threads and we all knew they vaped better. Most of us were aware Provape spent considerable time on the regulation of their devices and quality of their boards to ensure the most consistent vape, regardless of how much charge was left on the battery. We all knew they were incredibly well built to stand the test of time. We all knew they were built and engineered by an American team of engineers (turned business people) because they wanted something for themselves that was safe and worked every time you pushed the button. And for me, I found a family of Provarinati, many of whom became and are to this day, good friends. One thing it wasn't, at least for me was Status symbol. No, for me it was just a superior product and while there were many haters who loved to rag on Provape, to me it represented the one device I knew I could count on no matter what.

I'm glad you found the Provarinati and for all of us, it's sad the days of Provape innovation are over. Incredibly sad.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I did not get that feeling. I saw it as elitist, maybe arrogance coming from a certain type of user.

Finally, I gave it a shot because the rest of vapedom was going in a direction that didn't fit me.

It is all I use now. Just me. Everyone has to walk their own path in life.

Happy vaping is a good way to go.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Opinionated, I hear you. For me, I was never really on any other threads as once I did my research, I went Provari after every lesser device I had purchased died within months of purchase. So, I only hung out on the Provape threads and we all knew they vaped better. Most of us were aware Provape spent considerable time on the regulation of their devices and quality of their boards to ensure the most consistent vape, regardless of how much charge was left on the battery. We all knew they were incredibly well built to stand the test of time. We all knew they were built and engineered by an American team of engineers (turned business people) because they wanted something for themselves that was safe and worked every time you pushed the button. And for me, I found a family of Provarinati, many of whom became and are to this day, good friends. One thing it wasn't, at least for me was Status symbol. No, for me it was just a superior product and while there were many haters who loved to rag on Provape, to me it represented the one device I knew I could count on no matter what.

I'm glad you found the Provarinati and for all of us, it's sad the days of Provape innovation are over. Incredibly sad.

Lol.. I find it sad too, especially because I found them AFTER they closed.

I knew I wanted to try one, and had finally decided to pull the trigger.. I was trying to get my son into vaping at the time, and my son wasn't thrilled with what I had given him to that point, and I thought ill buy him a provari, and go ahead and pick one up to keep in my if I start vaping again stash. (I quit vaping for a few months, although I'm back to it now.. lol)

So I went to the provari website, and it was closed. Had the money for two.. and no more provari..

I never bought one for my son, but at that point I did look for one for me. The innokin itaste I had gotten and really enjoyed had quit working after stashing it packed away in a drawer for three months. (Which I thought was ridiculous) and I had really liked vaping that, it was enjoyable - to that point the best thing I had vaped .

When I went to make the how to video before giving it to my son, it was dead dead dead, with no possible hope of revival.. lol.. so I thought I needed to replace it with someone that actually would last even if I put it in a case in a drawer for a couple months.

So I was adamant to find a provari.. lol.. which I did.. and omg I was so happy with the vape it was like DANG I wish I had bought one in the beginning..

Hahaha. Funny, I found it too late.. but now we have four, and for now it's all I can afford, two for me and two for my husband.. so this is it, when these are dead then I have to simply be done vaping I guess (unless the market changes by then and there is something else available) and hubby will go back to cigarettes unless I can find something else my husband will vape. (The provari is the only thing he has ever vaped)

I am sad they aren't staying around.. but I guess I'm always a day late and a dollar short.. lol..

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Robin sent me her Provari not long after she got it. The 510 connection snapped off and I was trying to fix it for her (she had it unbelievably screwed up like only Robin can do and it had to go to ProVape for a new top). First time I held a Provari. The very first impression that came to my mind was CONFIDENCE. I just knew that sucker would fire every time, all the time, and the same way each time. I had been using Lavatubes and SDVs (or was it SVDs). Didn't compare. Those LTs and SDVs were clanky, rickety, and had minds of their own. They never lasted but a few months. Just got tired of it. Hello Provari! Never looked back.

And the Provari did provide a better vape. Those cheap Chinese models used pulse width modulation at low frequencies while the Provari used PWM at very high frequencies. The low frequency would burn the e-liquid (for technical reasons I wont get into here). Always had to mess with the voltage setting. Not so with the Provari.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Robin sent me her Provari not long after she got it. The 510 connection snapped off and I was trying to fix it for her (she had it unbelievably screwed up like only Robin can do and it had to go to ProVape for a new top). First time I held a Provari. The very first impression that came to my mind was CONFIDENCE. I just knew that sucker would fire every time, all the time, and the same way each time. I had been using Lavatubes and SDVs (or was it SVDs). Didn't compare. Those LTs and SDVs were clanky, rickety, and had minds of their own. They never lasted but a few months. Just got tired of it. Hello Provari! Never looked back.

And the Provari did provide a better vape. Those cheap Chinese models used pulse width modulation at low frequencies while the Provari used PWM at very high frequencies. The low frequency would burn the e-liquid (for technical reasons I wont get into here). Always had to mess with the voltage setting. Not so with the Provari.

And it's your last paragraph that makes it SO much better a vape! :)

It's cool how you came across them!

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
When the biggest selling point is having it work after dropping it, the near 200 dollar difference seems more status symbol, unless you plan on dropping your device a lot.

Had people been running around saying it was a better VAPE.. I would have bought one the SECOND I heard it.. but I never heard it.

Here's the thing ... we were telling others the ProVari provided a smoother more consistent vape ... however, all these trolls who had never tried one kept accusing us of lying to justify our status symbol ProVaris ... they truly thought their Vamos and eVics were providing the same vape.

The ProVape hate become so bad ... many folks just stopped recommending them, some even started calling them Prothingy or whatever because the ProVape hate trolls would come swarming after someone just posting the word ProVari.

meanwhile the ProVarinati sat back smiling while new ProVari users kept posting ... I get it now :cool:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Here's the thing ... we were telling others the ProVari provided a smoother more consistent vape ... however, all these trolls who had never tried one kept accusing us of lying to justify our status symbol ProVaris ... they truly thought their Vamos and eVics were providing the same vape.

The ProVape hate become so bad ... many folks just stopped recommending them, some even started calling them Prothingy or whatever because the ProVape hate trolls would come swarming after someone just posting the word ProVari.

meanwhile the ProVarinati sat back smiling while new ProVari users kept posting ... I get it now :cool:

I'm not sure, but sometimes I think there are posters here who have stock/are paid by other companies? Sometimes it seems that way..

But then, sometimes I worry I sound like I'm being paid.. hahaha..

But yeah.. there is that. There are those who swear provari is nothing more than a name..

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I'm not sure, but sometimes I think there are posters here who have stock/are paid by other companies? Sometimes it seems that way..

But then, sometimes I worry I sound like I'm being paid.. hahaha..

But yeah.. there is that. There are those who swear provari is nothing more than a name..

ProVape never had to consider paying people to promote their ProVaris ... the ProVari basically sold itself.

then everything vape related got cloned ... except the ProVari :blink:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
ProVape never had to consider paying people to promote their ProVaris ... the ProVari basically sold itself.

then everything vape related got cloned ... except the ProVari :blink:

I actually think it did.. but not the same way we see clones in our rtas..

When I want to know it I'd like the kayfun 5, for instance, I'll buy a 1:1 clone.. that gives me the chance to see if I like the way the deck is set up, the juice flow etc. But they all say 1:1 clone..

With the provari, I think the devices that were sporting the dna 20 chips were intended to be clones of the provari, or at least direct competition to it.. the innokin svd 2.0 with the dna 20 evolve chip was 100.00 when it came out... I do think they were basically cloning provari - without the provari board.

Thing with that is, without them saying outright they were trying for a clone, you didn't know you'd like the provari better if you like that, like you do with a 1:1 clone of a kayfun.

Last edited:

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I actually think it did.. but not the same way we see clones in our rtas..

When I want to know it I'd like the kayfun 5, for instance, I'll buy a 1:1 clone.. that gives me the chance to see if I like the way the deck is set up, the juice flow etc. But they all say 1:1 clone..

With the provari, I think the devices that were sporting the dna 20 chips were intended to be clones of the provari, or at least direct competition to it.. the innokin svd 2.0 with the dna 20 evolve chip was 100.00 when it came out... I do think they were basically cloning provari - without the provari board.

the ProVape board/chip was the backbone of the ProVari ... the dna chips were just another entry into the vape market, hoping to compete with ProVape.

the only attempt on a ProVari clone was the PloVari ... and it also sold itself ... to nobody :blink:

plovari-clon-no-provari-hot-cig.jpg

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
One thing it wasn't, at least for me was Status symbol. No, for me it was just a superior product and while there were many haters who loved to rag on Provape, to me it represented the one device I knew I could count on no matter what.

Shortly after I joined ECF the FDA crap started and I heard the name Provari for the first time. Luckily it was in posts by either @WillyZee or @ENAUD - can't remember which. They of course spoke very highly of them. At that time my emphasis was on finding good quality devices that would not only give me a good vape but would also be the best quality I could find so they would last well into vapocalypse.

My mama taught me to think for myself so I started researching Provape and reading reviews about the product. I was impressed. And not only I believed it was the best device in the market it was also tube-shaped which I prefer! I just had to come up with the funds to buy a few and lucky for me that was when the prices started getting lower (sadly that was the beginning of the end for the company) and I was able to buy 4 of them. Then a kind soul gifted me one.

I sure wish Provape was still around. I would have liked to buy a radius sometime.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
the ProVape board/chip was the backbone of the ProVari ... the dna chips were just another entry into the vape market, hoping to compete with ProVape.

the only attempt on a ProVari clone was the PloVari ... and it also sold itself ... to nobody :blink:

View attachment 652409

That's the thing though, it was the board that created the situation where they couldn't say clone..

But look at a p3 side by side with an innokin svd 2.0.. and you will see it as a copy of the idea pretty much in its entirety.. it a clone, without the board which as you say correctly, is the backbone of the provari.

And with the different board they can't say clone, all they can do is say it's another dna board device for lower wattage vapers..

But I believe it's a clone, as best they could. The only separating factor is the board.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
more of a Vamo clone than a ProVari clone ... I may be mistaken, but, I think the ProVari P3 came out after these devices.

one more from the ProVape hate trolls ... they despised our love for the single ProVari button (the one rated for a million presses).

vamo-v5-vaporizers.png

itaste-svd-2-4.jpg

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
more of a Vamo clone than a ProVari clone ... I may be mistaken, but, I think the ProVari P3 came out after these devices.

one more from the ProVape hate trolls ... they despised our love for the single ProVari button (the one rated for a million presses).

View attachment 652415
View attachment 652417

Did it come out after the dna 20 devices? (Of which there were several which all had identical set ups because of the board design)

They look near identical to the p3.. nearly the same size, all 20 watts, flat flush mounting top, extentions for varying battery sizes. They all look to have tried to copy the p3.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Did it come out after the dna 20 devices? (Of which there were several which all had identical set ups because of the board design)

They look near identical to the p3.. nearly the same size, all 20 watts, flat flush mounting top, extentions for varying battery sizes. They all look to have tried to copy the p3.

yes, I do believe the P3 came after the dna 20 devices ... the vape competition couldn't even match the durability of the 510 connection on a ProVari 2.5 :blink:

Users who are viewing this thread