Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
One of my local shops has confirmed their orders have come in. Unless I'm drastically underestimating demand, I'll have one by Thursday.

I'd grab one asap!! 2 actually! Would love a third to play around with without having to destroy my 2 in use :/

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
I'd grab one asap!! 2 actually! Would love a third to play around with without having to destroy my 2 in use :/

Too pricey to double up, and I'm still apprehensive about the airflow (I tend to favour fixed airflow), so I'm good with just the one to start. ;)

That said, this really is the most exciting release for me in a long while. Gotta wait for payday though.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I got mine last week. Not much difference in flavor from the hadaly, air flow is a little different. I do like the improvements on the juice flow and wire mounts. I've been using some pre-wrapped coils that have too low ohm. I ordered some 316L 28/36 and 26/36 clapton wire to wrap my own, I think a .5-.7Ω will be my sweet spot for a light warm vape.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
picGOPR0043-0001_20171003212107007.jpg

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to go into a little more detail about the hardware while working out the ideal build for this atomizer. There's a LOT to touch on here, as this is an extremely well considered RDA, but not perfect, naturally. Because this is not actually a Hadaly v.2, I'm going to try to avoid treating it as such, but note that the Hadaly is my daily driver 100% of the time for my frame of reference. TL;DR at the bottom as always.

We'll go bottom up.

Out of the box (bag), the standard 510 is installed. Both it and the squonk pin are stainless, and the 510 in particular has a chunky, beveled head that protrudes nicely. Of note, the squonk pin now uses a smaller hex key and will work with many of the usual pack in tools or kit keys, etc. No tools included.

The base of the atty has some nice black etching with the usual branding and serial stuff engraved over top. Pretty cool looking, actually, but it's aesthetic and I'm not too concerned about it. Nice touch though. I feel like it's worth noting that the topcap surrounds the base rather than sitting on a lip on top of the base. I'm not a fan of this usually, but so far I've had no juice or condensation buildup on my 510 base.

The insulator is two pieces, like the Hadaly, with a basic disc insulator for the 510 pin, and a form-fitted piece for the positive block. I have to say that the fit, finish and overall sense of quality in the PEEK bits feel significantly nicer than in the Hadaly - though I've had no issues with that atty's insulation. Cap off, the amount of PEEK showing is minimal, which will be nice for any aftermarket or upgrade clear caps.

The base has two, rather fat o-rings and the fit is absolutely beautiful. Just the tiniest drop of liquid is enough to let the top cap twist down and rotate freely in either direction with enough resistance to inspire confidence, but not generally so much as to unscrew your atty. The Entheon comes with an absurd amount of additional o-rings, I haven't begun to sort them all out, but I suspect these will last a good long time.

Onto the airflow, and... maybe a big surprise to some: wide open, the Entheon is a more restricted DL than the Hadaly. Not by a significant margin, but noticeably.

PicsArt_10-06-08.46.00.jpg

As you can see, the air channels are built around the Hadaly design, but the criss-cross airflow is spaced a little wider to support longer coils. The channeled design makes for a slightly quieter draw than the Hadaly's, and should significantly enhance leak resistance.

MTL is impossible on this atty in my opinion, as you can only close the air down to about 1/6. I consider this a design flaw and a baffling misstep because you'd think the whole point of using a cyclops design would be to unify the 4 channels for easier tuning. The channel itself is curved in beautiful tandem with the curve of the sleeve's airhole, so you can get the tiniest sliver open... but the damn thing opens up on the other side well before that can be achieved. If the airflow hole on the topcap was just 2mm narrower, I believe MTL would be possible, but we'll need to wait for aftermarket caps to achieve it.

Still on the airflow, and something I haven't seen mentioned: you can bypass the terminals and go traditional side-airflow. You'd have to drastically rethink your builds if you wanted to do this, and I haven't tested it out yet, but in theory this sucker can do dual coils real easy.

Lots has already been said about the clamp system and I will agree with the growing consensus that these things rock. Chunkier, flippable, reversible, longer screws, handles thinner wire, and definitely much fatter wire as compared to the Hadaly. Absolute knockout job here and the ease of build is fantastic.

The deck itself is actually a little tighter (though much deeper) than the Hadaly's. I don't have the means to make an accurate measurement, but I'm eyeballing this thing as about 2, maybe even 2.5mm narrower post-to-post than the Hadaly, and with the squonk "block" beneath it (more in a sec), I'm going to say 3mm ID is about as fat as you want to get with exotic coils, 3.5mm with round wire. But again, the inward spacing of the air channels on the Entheon mean that you will be able to support more wraps on your coil than with the Hadaly without having to get really futzy with your installs.

The positive terminal is a full block that notches down into the base like the Hadaly, but this time it has been very explicitly designed with squonking in mind, and wow is it nice. The 510 screws into a chunky block that both diverts juice to each wick equally, and serves to create a split juice well, very much like with the VV Pulses. Unlike the Pulse, because the juice holes aren't above the wells, you still get the vacuum action from your bottle to clean up major excess, which I absolutely love. The Pulse has an excellent squonk-focused design with regard to juice handling, and the Entheon improves on it. Those who drip and enjoyed the Pulse's deep wells will love the design here as well.

Finally, we get to the drip tip. Oh, the drip tip. Psyclone has generously supplied two custom tips in Delrin (wide bore, narrow inner opening), SS (wide in and out), plus two identical 510 adapters and matching drip tips, in Delrin and SS. The one piece tips have a deep conical underside that matches with the curvature of the top cap, but the 510 adapters are flat with a simple bevel around the opening. The included tips fit nicely, allow you to ditch the "finned" look of the single piece tips, and have a stubbier tip. I've gravitated toward the 1-piece delrin cap for my use, but honestly none of them are especially comfortable to me, and all of my 510 tips have SS bases that go in too deep to test safely. The fact that the conical shape is missing in the 510 adapters is another misstep, IMO. That said, they have once again been quite generous here and if nothing else, have given you an option to avoid the proprietary tips altogether if you like.

TL;DR: The Entheon is a well considered, beautifully machined RDA. It's easy to compare it to the Hadaly and in a lot of ways it's important to, since it shares a lot of similar ideas, and from a simple construction standpoint, has addressed and significantly improved upon just about every aspect of the deck one could have hoped for. But this is not a Hadaly v.2! There are significant enough differences here that make it more of a cousin rather than a younger sibling. Wide open, it's a tighter draw, yet it's looser when closed down. The deck is a joy to use, feels substantial, and the quality and finish of every piece is top notch, and chamfered beautifully for smooth action. While taller than the Hadaly, it has a more restricted chamber post-to-post and the conical topcap further restricts things. I'm going to guess the total volume of space in the chamber, coiled and wicked, is about the same as the Hadaly. The draw on this atomizer is wonderful in my opinion, better than the Hadaly.

Flavour, vapour is less-than. So far I've used a Hadaly build for the Entheon and again, there are enough differences here to be certain that it's going to need to be dialed in to match it's own quirks. I am hopeful in this regard, but on first impressions, disappointed. Much time to be spent in this regard. I'm anticipating first- and third-party aftermarket caps and tips for the Entheon. What's here is very well made and generous with options, but none of the tips supplied are particularly comfortable for me.

I'll check back in with some build impressions as I dial this in.

Last edited:

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Nice write up. Diyordie said the same about the flavor, a little less than. To me its the exact same though.

Yeah, it's not far off, but definitely lackluster by direct comparison. Close enough that I'm confident a little tweaking will improve (perhaps by a lot) the flavour and clouds, and the deck opens up more possibilities.

I just threw in a 5 wrap alien coming in at 0.35 and the flavour is a bit improved, but it's surprisingly rowdy for its mass, and vapour and heat are suffering for it. More tinkering!

And thanks for the compliment, by the way!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Yeah, it's not far off, but definitely lackluster by direct comparison. Close enough that I'm confident a little tweaking will improve (perhaps by a lot) the flavour and clouds, and the deck opens up more possibilities.

I just threw in a 5 wrap alien coming in at 0.35 and the flavour is a bit improved, but it's surprisingly rowdy for its mass, and vapour and heat are suffering for it. More tinkering!

And thanks for the compliment, by the way!
'twas possibly the best write up/review on an RDA I've ever seen to be honest :)

To be fair too, I'm always a lazer vaper and just use standard 316L coils. Can't say I ever unlocked the full potential of the Hadaly as such, and certainly not the Entheon.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
'twas possibly the best write up/review on an RDA I've ever seen to be honest :)

To be fair too, I'm always a lazer vaper and just use standard 316L coils. Can't say I ever unlocked the full potential of the Hadaly as such, and certainly not the Entheon.

Ah, jeez man you're too kind. I haven't gone with a standard round wire build yet, and never really made it work on the Hadaly so I cheated a bit and got all "fancy" with the claptons out of the gate. I have a feeling the Entheon is actually going to want to run a bit cooler than the Hadaly, so round wire may have a good sweet spot in it.

In the meantime I'm about to wash my hands and get some fresh cotton in a new build and see how it goes.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
My standard is 26g SS 2.5 around .5-.55 ohms. I really wanted to love the 3 dia coil but I don't. Flavor is muted and if I go below .5 it's too hot.
I will say, I never owned a Hadaly so I can't compare but I love the Entheon with my standard build with rayon packed in tight.
I own 2 now and need at least 2 more!

Sent from my 5049W using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread