PTB Plug Full 510 Cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
you know... I continue to try different things here is what I have tried lately:
slug
blue foam with folded (long way) straw to hold it up
poly fill with folded straw to hold it up
modified rho mod (looking like a V from the top)
PTB mod that looks like lips on the top http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/rhoneil/408-another-ptb-mod.html

In the past I have used so many things in the past including:
poly ribbon
blue foam and
brass screen http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/38161-brass-screen-mod-6.html#post590831
and even before these, varying degree, of successes I have tried things that I would not suggest to anyone including (new) shoe laces, and paint brush bristles.

many times I find something that is working for someone else in this forum I try it.
Many times I find that they are comparable to what I had with the FRF PTB mod.
Comparable in vapor, taste, throat hit, initial cart fill and even top off fill.
I find myself coming back to this FRF PTB mod and I think I found the reason.
As vaping just becomes more of a part of my life and no long the only thing Im living for (slight exaggeration) as long as Im satisfied with the basic TVT (taste, vapor, and throat hit) and I dont have to keep topping off every hour or so... what becomes more important to me is the maintenance and topping off convenience.

I have been making rho mods slightly taller than the 510 cart so I no longer need a paper clip all the time to do anything. I can use my finger nails to remove the PTB, rinse it off, dab it dry on a paper towel and reuse.

Because of the spiral in the middle topping off is very quick. I am no longer interested in counting the drops all the time (I still do every once in a while and I get 19 drops in an empty cart and 10-15 drops topping off *results may vary). Usually I just hold the cart on a 45 degree angle, touch the tip of the dropper on the bottom part of the ptb and squeeze until I see it pool in the middle of the mod. I have not been able to top off this easily and accurately with many other mods.

I love the fact that people are still looking for the 'holy grail' of carts and I find myself on here everyday looking for it.

I guess there are people that have found what they are looking for and for them the search is over. Although I realize that what works for one person does not always mean that it works the same for everyone else, I guess what I am saying in this long post is that the FRF PTB mod is the one I still consider my daily, trusted mod.

hope this helps.

rho

Stehle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Sunny Florida! U.S.A.
I am saying in this long post is that the FRF PTB mod is the one I still consider my daily, trusted mod.

hope this helps.

rho

You always have my friend. :)

I've been trying the RSP-BS mod, but feel quite the same and still have a bunch of RHO mods in my daily arsenal. :)

You might check this post out... someones still thinking about your mods. ;)

SlowJuice

Dec 19, 2009
Huntingdon UK
[FONT="]I would like to start by saying thanks to everyone involved for all the R&D on the PTB mod! I have been trying different things with my DSE 901 to make the PTB work better and the only problem I have had was after about 20 hits I would top off with about 8 drops then get a mouth full of juice. So I tried dropping back to about 5 drops and it helped but I was still getting juice. So I started trying different rolls. The one I found that works best for me was double fold frayed and rolled but it is slightly different from Rho's way. I start by opening the PTB all the way up and trimming off all the glued areas, after that I roll the whole thing up tight with a tooth pick, put it in the cart and cut it about 1/4 in above the cart, fold it over to get the crease, un roll it then do the double fold like Rho, cut it in half then roll it just tight enough to fit the cart, cut the frayed about 1/2 way up the PTB, fill your cart with 10 drops, place the PTB inside the cart slowly turning it so you don’t get any folded parts, then finish topping it off with 7 to 10 more drops. Now I have minimal juice in my mouth and no leaking no matter how I place it when it’s not in use. I hope you can understand this and I hope it helps.[/FONT]

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Ive been lazy in not making new/ clean mods. I've had the same mod in the cart for quite some time. I think I may have cleaned it a couple of times. Today i decided to make a new one after seeing that someone from work had a box of Lipton PTB. WOW there is nothing quite like a new mod in the cart. The only thing was I had to refer to the Two Minute Rho Mod video to remember how to do it. But it was pretty quick and easy and now this should last me for some time. I probably wont go a few months before changing it out this time.

just an update.

rho

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
I hope this hasn't been said already. 27 pages is a little outside my attention span. The stuff these tea bags are made of is called organza. You can purchase it by the yard at any fabric store. You can also purchase little bags made of it in any store that has a bridal section. I have gotten six packs of them at the dollar store. I was thinking that those people who were having problems with thin juices could get something like this and cut it longer so they could have three folds in the top. That would give them a tighter fit in the top while maintaining the whole wicking effect. I am really new here and haven't even gotten my kit yet (hopefully tomorrow) so I have no experience to know if this would work, but I have plans to use this mod from the get go. I have a couple of yards of organza that has been sitting around waiting for a purpose. :D Another idea for those having trouble rolling them would be to soak it in very hot water first. This *should* make it easier to crease as it is basically plastic fabric. Also, a tighter weave would hold thin juice better. Because it's plastic it doesn't actually obsorb fluid into the fibers, it holds it in the space between fibers. A tighter weave would have smaller spaces between fibers. For those who aren't experienced with this, stiffer fabric *should* have a tighter weave. Just a thought from someone who has some experience with this type of fabric.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
How do you know which box of Lipton Tea Bags to buy? I bought one today and the bags were the same old paper I've seen for years....not the mesh material?

Thanks

I don't have a pic handy, but the box has a picture of a pyramid-shaped tea bag in the lower right corner, and the words "20 Pyramid Tea Bags" are printed across the bottom of the box in small type.

lickwid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2010
Milton, Ontario
I don't have a pic handy, but the box has a picture of a pyramid-shaped tea bag in the lower right corner, and the words "20 Pyramid Tea Bags" are printed across the bottom of the box in small type.

seedpkt1-278x300.jpg

braxy29

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
San Antonio, TX
i also i am not doing so well with this. i liked that it was quick and neat and held a lot of juice. the very first time i tried it, it seemed very clean, and then it seemed like it ran out of juice quickly, i guess, because i got the burnt taste very quickly. tried it again later, no improvement. but then, i have only had my ego two days, so i'm not sure what exactly is going on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread