PTB Plug Full 510 Cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
I dont know if this is the best way to use PTB. Its certainly not the easiest and the fastest way to get PTB in there. What I do know is that its not too hard or take too long for me and it works for the way I use my PV. If this can help others to either use or get other ideas then great. If it wasnt for others putting their ideas up here I would have been still using the prefilled.

callousparade

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2009
Virginia Tech, VA
After trying the double rolled, I've decided it works just as well as the hybrid crazy thing I suggested last post. but the double roll is just plain easier than adding some fluffy in there.

As far as best way to use ptb, i'm going to go ahead and say it. The double folded loose rolled frayed (come up with a better name already lol) works by far the best in my opinion.
Second runner up i'd have to give to shredded ptb mod.

Reasons for those rankings... the rolled ptb mod (original from what i can tell) wastes juice but is very quick. I value not wasting juice over quickness.
Shredded ptb mod wastes a lot less juice but takes more time to make. Refils take a long time with this mod though (assuming you actually take it out to refill, i hate topping off) because you have to mess with it to get it back in the cart.
The dflrfptb mod (haha, right) wastes the least, takes the most time to set up in the first place, but refils are faster than the shredded ptb mod.

Fantastic work by rhoneil on this mod. I even stopped direct dripping on my passthrough in favor of this way. Works so well

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
omg, lol lol lol I cant believe you types that whole name... and then abbreviated it. thanks, very funny!!! Im happy its working for you. it seems to be going well for me. Its tough when the cart last for almost a day. then again, i havent had carts that lasted that long before.

if anything goes wrong with it let me know, I know we can figure it out.
BTW: thank you for posting that PTB PLUG MOD with pix and all. inspirational.

rho

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
cool, dont overfill like i did in a couple of those videos. I think you will be pleasantly surprised how much juice you can get in there, how the juice makes its way up the material and as a result how long the cart lasts. Granted I did not vape ALL day, I just finished the cart I made last night.

good luck
please tell me if there are any issues

rho

Nforcer

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
A, A
hey there i tested this thing yesterday night ...and i have a question ... my PTB's are different than your's ... i seems that they are made from some kinda paper ... your's have tiny squares on them as far as i can see in the video and if u bend them to whatever shape u want it stay's to the shape u bended it , my Ptb's arent ... i have done 1 fold for the first time and rolled it loosely , made some cuts and dripped 8 drops of liquid in the cart then poped the mod right in and then topped of ... but after normal 12-15 drags it began to feel the atomizers dry taste .. took out the mod from the cart and plenty of liquid wasnt leaked ... my question is are those PTB's made equal ? i mention my ptb's box does has the Pyramid shaped bag on its layout and it says " Lipton Pyramid tea Bag's" il post some pics later of the material inside and the box ...

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
The ones that Im using is Lipton Bedtime Story PTB. I used the Revolution ones before and they were very hard to work with. As far as the dry taste, I found that if I get that I would take a short hard drag followed by a long smoother drag and the taste and fullness comes back. The PTB holds the juice very well. I think doing this kinda pulls it a little onto the bridge.

hope this helps

rho

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
I have a container that allows me to hold a single assembled manual 510. When that is in my pocket it would be LED down. This also allows me to take the cover off and take a quick drag without taking it out of the container.
Recently I have been concerned that I am vaping way too much due to convenience at work. So I have been leaving one at home and only having one battery, one atty and 3 carts in my PCC. I would take it apart after vaping and put it back in the PCC. I took the little rubber thing out of slot of the PCC for the atomizer so I can store it screws side up. The problem with that is if the atty is saturated it would drip down into the mouth piece. So now I only leave the screws up when I am at work laying the PCC down on its side. I leave the screws up just to save a few seconds putting it back together and taking it apart between vaping.

Vaping technique: Yea, that works for me too. One thing I noticed is when im starting to run out of juice in the cart, the vapor production just gets lower instead of getting a really bad burning taste. Is this what you see too?

rho

Stehle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Sunny Florida! U.S.A.
BTW I want to give credit to whoever thought of using the PTB material. Not sure who that is. Pyramid Tea Bags are great. Tea not bad either.

rho

As far as I know, both these guys complimented each others ideas...

Thank you both surbitonPete & bizzyb0t ! I have read from so many and learned so very much! :)

Please Read post... (A bit of vaping history if you ask any PTB'er like me!) ;-)...

Tea bag/tea filters.... which and where and who and how?

:)

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread