Status
Not open for further replies.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Lucky we are, indeed :):)
December 2015? ... me too. *DING* Congratz to us for vaping for >1 month :thumbs: Going all pro (=2 months?).
2 friends + 1 collegue of mine are getting increasingly curious about my vaping, because I look so happy and like I'm enjoying it fully when I vape ... pure pleasure. I have had "sessions" with 2 of them ... letting them try out different devices and juices. Now they vape ... and still smoke, but hey, they have their own tempo and timing.
Yes, Dec 2015.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
:rolleyes: that has a wanna be ADV description in it for me.
Oh you creamy juicy fruity master of coils ... maybe you are able to give advice on a good cherry vape wth the soft vanilla ice/cream in it + also a lime dessert vape? Or simply a favourite dessert fruity vape?

I like the Lemon Cheesecake from The Real, even though it is a bit sharp in it's sweetness, it has a fabulous fresh lemon zest sharpness that get well rounded by an actual taste of cheesecake.

Cherry Custard by Klejnstrup (danish) ... lucky for me, I don't know how cherry cough syrup tastes like, so that might expand the cherry vape market for me :D ... is it a cherry menthol medicin taste?

LOL! The peaches and cream is my ADV... for over a year now! Pretty simple to make with TFA flavor concentrates too. I actually have the recipe posted in my blog link in my profile if you're interested.
As for cherry, I haven't tried cherry yet. I can imagine a recipe using a cherry flavor or two with a bit of vanilla swirl and vanilla bean gelatto... throw in a touch of sweetener and it should be pretty good. I guess I need to pick up some cherry flavor now... And come to think of it, I haven't tried anything with lime either...

Well, it's been quite some time since I purchased any juices. I've been doing DIY for the past year or so, but here are a few that I know I liked:
Fairy Dust Elixir
Teleos Try ANY of the Cloud Science varieties (Alpha was my fave!)
Cosmic Fog: The Shocker Strawberry Lemonade... not bad.
Cyclops: Colossus Not fruity, but a delicious vanilla custard!
Potion Vape Great fruit flavors. Especially loved More Plum!
Peary Honey Nola has some great juices at good prices... Loved this Peary Honey though... also their Creme de Chai is delicious if you want something a little spicy (not hot, just like a chai tea).

Mette

Jan 4, 2016
Hillerød, Denmark
The Nautilus tanks tend to gurgle a bit. The most common occurrence is a flooded coil. The first thing to try is to raise the power up a notch so that the coil vaporizes the juice at a faster rate. When I was using mine I vaped between 12 and 15 watts mostly, and gurgles were rare (I preferred watts as to volts, set the watts on my iStick and let it set the volts). The Nautilus should be a very comfortable vape. I used the middle airflow setting, and remember taking comfortable mouth to lung draws.

50/50 juice is a good balance and I doubt it is causing an issue with the light draws you make. You should be able to take really nice draws as this juice would wick faster than a higher VG one. More common is people getting a gurgle when they take really hard draws and then the juice rushes to re wick and floods the coil.

If you're using an iStick click 3 times on the fire button and it will switch to watts. See what the watts are compared to the 12 to 15 area (and you can vape higher than the 15 "usually" with the Nautilus) that I used. Bumping up the power may help you find your comfort zone. You should also change the airflow to see which setting lets you vape comfortably at each power setting.

What ohm coils are you using to reach 12-15watts?
With the 1.8ohm BVC coil, that reads as 1.9ohm on my DNA, at 9 watts, it reads 4.2 v, and the sweetspot for my Five Pawn liquids are all in the range of 3.6-4.2 v max ... the flavour seemingly "burns away" if I set the watt higher than 9w.

The strenght of my MTL draw ... well, I tried it out, and I can "lift" a 5cmx5cm piece of standard A4 paper from the table... is that too strong? Does that fit best with 1.6, 1.8 or higher ohm? I have the airflow on max on the mini.

Reactions: Kaezziel

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
What ohm coils are you using to reach 12-15watts?
With the 1.8ohm BVC coil, that reads as 1.9ohm on my DNA, at 9 watts, it reads 4.2 v, and the sweetspot for my Five Pawn liquids are all in the range of 3.6-4.2 v max ... the flavour seemingly "burns away" if I set the watt higher than 9w.

The strenght of my MTL draw ... well, I tried it out, and I can "lift" a 5cmx5cm piece of standard A4 paper from the table... is that too strong? Does that fit best with 1.6, 1.8 or higher ohm? I have the airflow on max on the mini.
I was using the 1.6 ohm coils. Every juice is different, from the pg/vg content to the flavorings, you have to search for your sweet spot. When I first started with the Nautilus I was keeping the watts low. As time went along I would raise the power as I got used to it. I also ran a little hotter when the coils started to gunk a little.
I am pretty certain I didn't use the full air flow on my Nautilus until I got to the point I was moving towards the purchase and use of the Kanger Subtanks, as I desired more volume, and wanted to experience sub ohms.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Hi and welcome. It's like magic, how you noobs appear out of the vape fog like that. You're on the right track: drink more water and be patient. You might try a 40PG/60VG ratio; it may help a bit. There's nothing wrong with an Evod, but it is pretty low powered. If you're looking for some versatility, to try to determine what kind of vape you want, let me suggest an iStick 40TC paired with a Kanger Subtank. The Kanger tank has a wide variety of coils, plus adjustable airflow, so it can be set up a number of different ways. Add to this a clone Plume Veil RDA-- less than US$15 on eBay usually-- and the 40 watts in the iStick will fire it coiled anywhere between about .5~2.5 ohms. You'll have to get a local vape shop to build it for you; most will do so for a nominal fee. There are many (a bewildering plethora) other options out there, but the rig I suggest will allow you to find what you want in a vape, and then serve as a good backup if you choose to later move to more optimized gear. Good luck, and keep asking questions.

Wow! Wanted to say that does sound like a nice set up for starting out, or even as an intermediate step up. I am currently leaning toward getting a HeatVape Invader. It's the mod they run over, drop, toss, try to smash with a 3lb sledge, try to smash with a vise and it keeps on vaping. Am thinking the Hero mod I had, due to bumping got fried. Need to look at connect wires, dragging my heels on it. We've a solder kit here somewhere. I just don't feel like begging the know it all to access the kit, and to let me solder if it's needed, and in peace.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Ahah! I love my Subtank Mini V2 (Came with my Subox Starter Kit) because it helped me to quit smoking. Yesterday I converted it into my morning set up because my breathing and lungs are 'slightly' congested in the mornings. I chucked into it a dual coil build reading at 0.40 oHms, and I'm very pleased :D

Regrettably my taste buds are going on vacation again, so I can't taste my juices :( Keep calm, rehyrdrated and vape on! :vapor:

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Wow! Wanted to say that does sound like a nice set up for starting out, or even as an intermediate step up. I am currently leaning toward getting a HeatVape Invader. It's the mod they run over, drop, toss, try to smash with a 3lb sledge, try to smash with a vise and it keeps on vaping. Am thinking the Hero mod I had, due to bumping got fried. Need to look at connect wires, dragging my heels on it. We've a solder kit here somewhere. I just don't feel like begging the know it all to access the kit, and to let me solder if it's needed, and in peace.

I have the HeatVape mod that you're talking about. It's a pretty great mod. I've dropped it, kicked it across the room on accident, gotten it wet while working in the yard... nothing seems to faze it. It handles temp control sufficiently well and performs as advertised in wattage mode. I topped mine with a Silver Play V2, and I use the stainless steel tank insert instead of the glass... that is my rugged, go-to, work mod because I don't have to worry about it taking a hit or getting dirty. I just unscrew the atty and wash it off in the sink!

Mette

Jan 4, 2016
Hillerød, Denmark
I was using the 1.6 ohm coils. Every juice is different, from the pg/vg content to the flavorings, you have to search for your sweet spot. When I first started with the Nautilus I was keeping the watts low. As time went along I would raise the power as I got used to it. I also ran a little hotter when the coils started to gunk a little.
I am pretty certain I didn't use the full air flow on my Nautilus until I got to the point I was moving towards the purchase and use of the Kanger Subtanks, as I desired more volume, and wanted to experience sub ohms.

Thanks for your advices. It works!!! Higher Watts combined with a much tighter draw!
Inspired by your answers with higher watts + a youTube video from Steamshots. He gives advice to newbies on how to draw when subohming to prevent gurgling. Seems my suck have been too weak?!
(warning: german speaking)

I successfully got a wonderfull tight gurglefree MTL draw on both:
Subvod battery + Nautilus mini w.1.9 ohm + largest airhole + tight 4-5 sec draw
Subvod battery + Nautilus mini w.1.6 ohm + second largest airhole + tight 4-5 sec draw
TaTaDaaaa ... (dancing my happy jazzy mojo dance) now I just need to find out what watts the Subvod battery sends through my Nautilus... and curiosly wait and see how fast my coils die out :unsure:

A tighter draw also gives me gurgle free DL on the DNA + Triton mini/Subtank Nano ... will try out higher Watts there too, BUT ... when the 1.8ohm clapton coil read 13-16 watt max , should I then not care about that and still do higher watts???

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Thanks for your advices. It works!!! Higher Watts combined with a much tighter draw!
Inspired by your answers with higher watts + a youTube video from Steamshots. He gives advice to newbies on how to draw when subohming to prevent gurgling. Seems my suck have been too weak?!
(warning: german speaking)

I successfully got a wonderfull tight gurglefree MTL draw on both:
Subvod battery + Nautilus mini w.1.9 ohm + largest airhole + tight 4-5 sec draw
Subvod battery + Nautilus mini w.1.6 ohm + second largest airhole + tight 4-5 sec draw
TaTaDaaaa ... (dancing my happy jazzy mojo dance) now I just need to find out what watts the Subvod battery sends through my Nautilus... and curiosly wait and see how fast my coils die out :unsure:

A tighter draw also gives me gurgle free DL on the DNA + Triton mini/Subtank Nano ... will try out higher Watts there too, BUT ... when the 1.8ohm clapton coil read 13-16 watt max , should I then not care about that and still do higher watts???

The rule of thumb for EVERY vape device you'll ever own is the same. Start low power, take a draw and bump the power up to repeat. If it starts to taste funny, gets too hot or tastes burnt, back it down. Different flavors will have different sweet spots so you just have to experiment.

Usually on most devices if you click 3 times on the power button it will switch between watts and volts. You'll get it figured out.

Mette

Jan 4, 2016
Hillerød, Denmark
The rule of thumb for EVERY vape device you'll ever own is the same. Start low power, take a draw and bump the power up to repeat. If it starts to taste funny, gets too hot or tastes burnt, back it down. Different flavors will have different sweet spots so you just have to experiment.

Seems absolutely Sir2fyablyTrue :rolleyes:
Thanks for all your patience :blush:

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
Congrats @Mette on quitting the cigs and transitioning to vaping. It's been more than a year and a half since I quit the stinky sticks and I couldn't be happier, and it has indeed turned into a hobby for me like it has for many/most of us in this forum. Looks like you've gotten some good advice here. I expect you will find your perfect vape soon (if you haven't already). Enjoy the journey!

Reactions: Mette

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Hiya @Mette!
I tried and purchased a new juice this weekend that I thought you might like. It is made by "Vape Chemist" and the flavor is called MPC (Mango Pound Cake). It is pretty sweet, nice notes of the mango, and a cake-like finish on the exhale. I went through about 15 mL yesterday alone! :lol: It is really good stuff! I'm not sure if you'll be able to find it over there in Denmark, but you may be able to find a place online to purchase it. I paid about $26 usd for it at the vape shop, but I haven't looked for it online... may be able to find a better price. Anyway, hope you had a great weekend! :)

Reactions: Mette

Mette

Jan 4, 2016
Hillerød, Denmark
Hiya @Mette!
I tried and purchased a new juice this weekend that I thought you might like. It is made by "Vape Chemist" and the flavor is called MPC (Mango Pound Cake). It is pretty sweet, nice notes of the mango, and a cake-like finish on the exhale. I went through about 15 mL yesterday alone! :lol: It is really good stuff! I'm not sure if you'll be able to find it over there in Denmark, but you may be able to find a place online to purchase it. I paid about $26 usd for it at the vape shop, but I haven't looked for it online... may be able to find a better price. Anyway, hope you had a great weekend! :)
Uh mmm ... sounds delicios!
I will put it on my "list" and have an eye open.

I can recommend the Jazzy Boba ... jasmin tea with milk. .. absolutely my top vape and just as delicious as how weird a combo it might sound like. I highly recommend.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Uh mmm ... sounds delicios!
I will put it on my "list" and have an eye open.

I can recommend the Jazzy Boba ... jasmin tea with milk. .. absolutely my top vape and just as delicious as how weird a combo it might sound like. I highly recommend.

Actually, that sounds pretty good. I actually like hot tea with milk... and honey. Honey is never bad!

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
The Boba line also have a highly praised Dewwy Boba with Honey Milk tea.
After I got swept away with the Jazzy boba I immediately ordered a value deal of 3 boba variants. .. jazzy, mango and thai ... All tea vapes.

Hmmm... I may have to look into that Dewwy Boba! I also really like Chai... nolavape.com has a really nice Creme de Chai that I like a lot. I just don't purchase manufactured juice very often anymore since I found out how much less expensive it is to make it yourself. The Mango Pound Cake I bought recently was one of my occasional splurges to treat myself. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread