Pulled the trigger on a squonk. First one, super excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hey everybody! Sooooo....I'm getting my first squonker soon. Getting a TMod Custom and Goon LP and just wanted to share the news!

Pics to follow !!!

Thanks-Rex

Right On Rex.

That is a Very Nice mod. And I am Sure you will be Very Happy with it.

Rex Rains

Nov 25, 2016
Thanks!

I'm getting the micro so the goon is probably going to be a little large looking but I'm cool with that.

I'm just getting into the squonks so don't know too much but I know the Goon is good and ships with a BF pin.

I was looking into a Kennedy or the Psyclone Kryten.

I'm confident I'll enjoy this though!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks!

I'm getting the micro so the goon is probably going to be a little large looking but I'm cool with that.

I'm just getting into the squonks so don't know too much but I know the Goon is good and ships with a BF pin.

Sounds like a Great Set-Up to Me.

If you ever consider getting a Single Coil BF rda for Flavor, check out the NarDa. I pretty much a Single Coil User. And the NarDa is Definitely at the Top of My BF rda List.

$8.70 NarDA Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
Sounds like a Great Set-Up to Me.

If you ever consider getting a Single Coil BF RDA for Flavor, check out the NarDa. I pretty much a Single Coil User. And the NarDa is Definitely at the Top of My BF RDA List.

$8.70 NarDA Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

love me some narda too! I also like the origen little. comes with a bottom fed pin as well.

$7.37 Origen Little Styled RDA Rebuilable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 16mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hey everybody! Sooooo....I'm getting my first squonker soon. Getting a TMod Custom and Goon LP and just wanted to share the news!

Pics to follow !!!

Thanks-Rex

BTW - Since you are New to Squonking, you should Check Out this Thread on the FT Forum.

Squonking at Fasttech: FastTech Forums

@MotoBlue has done an Outstanding Job of compiling a Huge List of Squonking Hardware.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Thanks!

I've never been a fan of the Kennedy for squonking, due to the bottom air. The Goon is a fantastic atty....but it really shines with bigger builds. I've had many, many TMods and they are rock solid....however, it's a single battery mech (which I prefer). The Goons, Kennedys, Icons....they all shine at higher power and bigger builds. Perfect for the new LV Drone, Halcyon or Catfish LBC. Those DNA 200 mods get the big attys up to temp in no time.

For a single 18650, I agree with Zoidman. NarDA, O-Atty, Stumpy or maybe a Hadaly...not only do they perform better on a single cell mech, but they're all 22mm and will look absolutely perfect on a TMod. You can make a single coil as rowdy as you want these days.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
He had some doubles 18650s but...Alas ....

Either way...I'm afraid. I'm afraid I've opened the door to a world I knew nothing about... And I like it :)
It's a door into lying about credit card bills and hiding mods all over the house!

Only kidding....check out the Coppervape squonker thread...Zoidman knows his stuff about that one. It's grossly under priced and works like a champ.

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
Ok. Got the Goon LP. Trying dial it in before the squonk gets here.

I like it. It's just different than my other RDAs. Still trying to dial it in. Tinkering with it.

I have to get some NiChrome. Got some 24 ga kanthal on it right now. Dual coil .23

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

i went from kanthal, to NiChrome, to Stainless Steel. been happy with stainless for a while now.

Rex Rains

Nov 25, 2016
TMod
Goon LP
24 ga NiCh .24

I like it. A lot.

But, like it's been mentioned, it will be better when I get an RDA that is geared towards single coil.

Runs much better with a parallel single coil than two coils.
e7b55d1f113d923bed0eec0a3580a2b2.jpg

Reactions: inswva

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
yep...nice choice! I've had several tmods. They're literally bulletproof. However, you'll want to baby the paint job. The Hadaly , NarDA, Stumpy, and Armor are all good single coil options. Not to mention, they all look good on a TMod! :thumbs:

Good point on the finish. Unless Tbev has refined his Cerakote technique, the finish will likely chip and fall off over time.

Reactions: Asbestos4004

Rex Rains

Nov 25, 2016
The only thing I don't care for- is the goon. I've heard all there is to hear about the OG goon and how great it is. I've heard how the LP is good as well as bad ( which I didn't know as much about before purchase) and am totally let down by the flavor production.

I've tried coils close to the air hole, far away, coils up high, down low in the middle... Well you get the picture. It's all just lacking.

I've got a Vaperzcloud X1 that produces phenomenal flavor, a Wotofo Sapor BE that has excellent flavor and the LP just falls way behind in my opinion.

Looking for an affordable ( sub $50 ) BF RDA. If I have to I'll go the Hadalay way seems like it's the next affordable. Trying to avoid China because I don't want to wait 4-700 weeks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread