Status
Not open for further replies.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Am I imagining things or was there a thread once about someone who pulled their atomizer's top cap off while it was screwed into their Reo, and ended up displacing the 510 a bit? For atties with really tight fits, is doing this discouraged?

I am joining in here because each time I take the lid of my Origen 16, I am nervous about the 510 because it is so tight.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
:2c: I have had no issues at all because I avoid them with tight atty caps in one of three ways, or a combination of them. I do not lube them because it can get cooked by a hot atty cap from my LDLH's (make them even harder to get off).

1. If they have 2 or more o-rings that hold them on, I remove the top ones leaving only the bottom o-ring. If still too tight, see #2.

2. On single o-ring atty's I lightly wet sand the factory o-ring with 320 Emery cloth or Crocus paper. It doesn't take much so use a light hand.

3. Or I replace the factory o-ring with a slightly smaller o-ring in cross section.

Last edited:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I keep an old tube mech around as my sacrifice atty cap puller. I've pulled 510's loose on both mods (not reos) and an ohm checker, so I'm in the "thrice bitten, once shy" camp. Unless it's a screw-on cap (eg RM2, graal), I put it on the tube to remove the cap.

I do find, however, that most caps loosen with use - prolly due to the combo of wear on the o-rings and juice introduction.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I keep an old tube mech around as my sacrifice atty cap puller. I've pulled 510's loose on both mods (not reos) and an ohm checker, so I'm in the "thrice bitten, once shy" camp. Unless it's a screw-on cap (eg RM2, graal), I put it on the tube to remove the cap.

I do find, however, that most caps loosen with use - prolly due to the combo of wear on the o-rings and juice introduction.

I have the same. I have an old top piece from a retired telescopic mod that I use as a rebuilding stand. Even my ohm checker, which is from USA Ohm Meters, and therefore a little pricey, as ohm testers go, is too flimsy for pulling top caps.

DoubleDZA

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
In a metal mod you will never pull the 510 out .

Now thats what you want to hear :thumbs:

I cant believe how much love I have for my SL's, if there was anything I would change on them, it would be where the delrin gets screwed in to the body. I wish it was made like the P67, where it has more 'meat' for the screw threads. Not that I have issues with mine but I've only ever taken them off once due to fear of damaging it. Hell I even know Rob's clever 'punch fix' for just in case hahaha

Other than that, I'm confident in saying, the Reo grand is the best single 18650 sqounker ever made. :thumb:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Other than that, I'm confident in saying, the Reo grand is the best single 18650 sqounker ever made. :thumb:

I agree with you.
Granted, there are some very nice squonkers being made these days by some small shops. But with Rob's website, and quick availability of mods and spare parts, as well as the best customer service in the business, Reos is where I stay.

DoubleDZA

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
I agree with you.
Granted, there are some very nice squonkers being made these days by some small shops. But with Rob's website, and quick availability of mods and spare parts, as well as the best customer service in the business, Reos is where I stay.

Likewise in that I agree with you but another thing that sets the Reo Grand above the other 2 brilliant metal mods out there is the price point of the Grand :) Just so much win :headbang:

Reactions: Danrogers

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Likewise in that I agree with you but another thing that sets the Reo Grand above the other 2 brilliant metal mods out there is the price point of the Grand :) Just so much win :headbang:

Again, agreed. The price point of Rob's products, both the metals and the Woodvils, are well within the price points I'm willing to spend.

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
I never pull a cap off the deck on any device... especially a batch of Cyclones that were made just after the change of deck style... those are really tight... so I spoke to my two mates who are wizards with tools and they both made me what I call Cap Pullers! Best device ever (well second best because the REO is always first)!

510Puller 001.JPG
510Puller 002.JPG

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
I never pull a cap off the deck on any device... especially a batch of Cyclones that were made just after the change of deck style... those are really tight... so I spoke to my two mates who are wizards with tools and they both made me what I call Cap Pullers! Best device ever (well second best because the REO is always first)!

View attachment 516420 View attachment 516421

Very nice!!:thumb:
I have a cap puller as well, not quite as fancy though... it's called a EGO battery!!:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread