Status
Not open for further replies.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
I doubt this is specific to the Pulse but I'm having issues with the AFC top. I can't get it off or to turn for anything.

I can use juice to lube it but it dries quickly and is impossible to turn.

It's not getting hot, I thought that may be why at first. I'm afraid to use tools to pull it apart.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
I doubt this is specific to the Pulse but I'm having issues with the AFC top. I can't get it off or to turn for anything.

I can use juice to lube it but it dries quickly and is impossible to turn.

It's not getting hot, I thought that may be why at first. I'm afraid to use tools to pull it apart.

Yup, they do that. And you are correct. Not just the pulse. Some more than others. I had an old inner-tube that I cut into strips. Helps get a better grip rather than scratching the things up with pliers.

Reactions: jfcooley

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
I’ve only got a 22, but assuming they are the same it has two top pieces. Are you trying to separate the two top pieces or just get the cap off?
It was the cap, or the top piece. I have to basically wrench it off now but it's manageable. Aggravating, but manageable.

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
I coat the orings with a mild flavored chapstick (like sugar cookie) everytime I reassemble a new build on the pulse. It seems to ease some of the wrestle required to pull the sections apart or rotate the airflow. Also a piece of rubbery sheet or grippy material does help immensely. I would rather have it super tight than have a leaky atty. I hate leaky attys.

Reactions: jfcooley

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
I have shelved rda’s with the same issue. If I can’t whip the cap off out in the field then it won’t get used.

I have 3 of them - all super tight and just a pita to remove without something to help grip. They are all on the shelf as well, but not just for that reason. Too many better rdas in my collection now and not enough mods to use them on!

Reactions: Ben85
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread