Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Been playing with this for the afternoon and overall am 100% satisfied with the purchase. Simple to build, nice smooth airflow, squonks like a dream, cap stays cool, very good flavor but can also put out an impressive amount of vapor.

Only cons so far is that it arrived with a fair amount of machine oil on it. While I always wash any new atty, this is the first one in a while that I could clearly smell and feel the oil on it. Also, the top and base are slightly different shades of black. It’s not a night and day difference, but in the right light it can clearly be seen. My poor photography skills hinder me from clearly showing it in the photos.

Build is a 26g SS316, parallel, 3mm diameter, 7 (as I recall) wraps, 0.25 ohms. I usually shoot for 0.2 to 0.3 for a mech squonker, and this landed perfectly in the middle.

Going to be trying out different builds for sure, but for the moment, I’m going to enjoy this one for a while.

PUL1.jpg
PUL2.jpg
PUL3.jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Been playing with this for the afternoon and overall am 100% satisfied with the purchase. Simple to build, nice smooth airflow, squonks like a dream, cap stays cool, very good flavor but can also put out an impressive amount of vapor.

Only cons so far is that it arrived with a fair amount of machine oil on it. While I always wash any new atty, this is the first one in a while that I could clearly smell and feel the oil on it. Also, the top and base are slightly different shades of black. It’s not a night and day difference, but in the right light it can clearly be seen. My poor photography skills hinder me from clearly showing it in the photos.

Build is a 26g SS316, parallel, 3mm diameter, 7 (as I recall) wraps, 0.25 ohms. I usually shoot for 0.2 to 0.3 for a mech squonker, and this landed perfectly in the middle.

Going to be trying out different builds for sure, but for the moment, I’m going to enjoy this one for a while.

View attachment 661109 View attachment 661111 View attachment 661113

How is the Air Flow?

With the Size of those Air Inlets, I'm sure it can do Wide Open fine. How does it work for a More Restrictive hit?

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
How is the Air Flow?

With the Size of those Air Inlets, I'm sure it can do Wide Open fine. How does it work for a More Restrictive hit?

It works well for a semi-restricted draw. I would not consider it to be suitable as MTL atty -- just too much air even with just one hole open just a hair.

I'm still playing with airflow but have already determined that wide open is just too airy for me, and kills the flavor. Either just one hole full open, or in the middle so both airholes are partially open seems to be what works best for my taste.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It works well for a semi-restricted draw. I would not consider it to be suitable as MTL atty -- just too much air even with just one hole open just a hair.

I'm still playing with airflow but have already determined that wide open is just too airy for me, and kills the flavor. Either just one hole full open, or in the middle so both airholes are partially open seems to be what works best for my taste.

Yeah... That was something I started to think about on this rda. Perhaps having too much Air Flow.

I like the Air Flow of a Wide Open NarDa. Which is by most standards a Semi-Restrictive hit. When I get mine, if it has Too Much air flow, I might try Plugging one set of the Air Tubes with a piece of Silicone Tubing.

Reactions: hazozita

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

View attachment 661109 View attachment 661111 View attachment 661113

Mine arrived today too, I agree that it is well worth the price. Mine, however, was one of the cleanest atties I've ever received, not a drop of machine oil anywhere or even a faint odor at all.

The color difference I didn't notice until you pointed it out, thanks a lot o_O

:D

IMG_7061.JPG

2mm ID, 7 wraps of Advanced vape Flat Clapton, .2 X .8 flat SS With a 40G wrap.

Yeah... That was something I started to think about on this rda. Perhaps having too much Air Flow.

I like the Air Flow of a Wide Open NarDa. Which is by most standards a Semi-Restrictive hit. When I get mine, if it has Too Much air flow, I might try Plugging one set of the Air Tubes with a piece of Silicone Tubing.

I like a little more air than this but this may be right up your alley...

IMG_7062.JPG

2 fully open is a little much for me, 1 fully open is just about right, closed off like this is a nice restricted lung hit.

I'll be trying some other builds but this ones producing respectable flavor.

Last edited:

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.
Reactions: hazozita

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Thanks for the heads up.Just ordered one in stainless.This one has been on my radar since I first heard about it.Glad to see you are happy with it.

It’s a solid value for the price. The only thing holding me back from picking up a second one is that I’ve been on a bit of an squonker atty spurge recently and have picked up a UD Skywalker (surprisingly nice, especially for the price), an Augvape Druga (found it in brass and could not resist - should get it tomorrow), and an Hcigar Maze v3 (hopefully Sat arrival).

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA

I have heard the different color between the top and bottom parts of the cap is common and not limited to the black the stainless is reported to have it too.

The Cloudy Vapor didnt get all their pre order shipment in, so mine isn't shipping until tomorrow at the earliest (they are sending a free 30ml of juice as a compensation) so I really appreciate the quick review.

My thought was the same on the airflow, its good to know that it can be closed up :thumbs:

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
I have heard the different color between the top and bottom parts of the cap is common and not limited to the black the stainless is reported to have it too.

My thought was the same on the airflow, its good to know that it can be closed up :thumbs:

My SS is the same top and bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread