Pulse BF atty from Vandy Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
IL
I like a little more air than this but this may be right up your alley...

View attachment 661137

2 fully open is a little much for me, 1 fully open is just about right, closed off like this is a nice restricted lung hit.

I'll be trying some other builds but this ones producing respectable flavor.

Got a pair of these yesterday.

I just tried the airflow like that and its definitely similar to my Narda clones wide open (minus the Narda whistle). One hole fully open is similar to a wide open Hadaly, and both open on the Pulse 22 is fun but too much air and too little flavor.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
This thing needs power. Got a 3mm juggernaut coil in it, high enough that you can see the bottom half of the coil inside the airholes. Came out to .22ohms, with just 1/2 af open (1 closed, 1 halfway open) firing at 65w. Flavor is pretty good, not as stellar as some youtube reviewers are claiming. Will try an alien or even a 3.5mm coil soon.
3 or 4 video reviews dropped for this yesterday and rip trippers mentioned the same thing about it needing more power than a similar build would in a different rda.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Ok, I'm a old guy set in my ways still love my odin but what got my attention was the juice well on the pulse. That with the air design, I had to get in line and wait, mine arrives Monday. I also got this I almost forgot I had it coming from FT $30 + $54=84 for a regulated squonker setup.
$54.87 Authentic Council of Vapor Wraith 80W Squonker VW TC Box Mod Kit (Black) - 1-80W / 200-600'F / 1*18650 / 5ml juice reservoir at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

As I see it, while the Pulse is very enjoyable and well worth getting, nothing can take the place of the Odin -- it's a classic that never disappoints. On the plus side, with an adapter the Router tip looks at home on the Pulse (granted, it would be better with either a black Router or a SS Pulse, but the contrast looks nice too).

tip.jpg

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
As I see it, while the Pulse is very enjoyable and well worth getting, nothing can take the place of the Odin -- it's a classic that never disappoints. On the plus side, with an adapter the Router tip looks at home on the Pulse (granted, it would be better with either a black Router or a SS Pulse, but the contrast looks nice too).

View attachment 661947
Yea I've wasted hundreds of dollars yet to find an better atty BF or top load than the Odin. Shame they are not still producing them.

Reactions: hazozita

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Those router tips would make a train wreck look good. I wish I'd bought more of em.
I love the design of the Pulse. I like the innovation. Plus, the price is outstanding. Furthermore, unlike most reviewers, I think it was smart making it 22 mm.

I hope there's a v2 with smaller airholes, an overall shorter profile and an airflow design that doesn't require the coil to be on stilts to get good flavor. Hats off to Tony B, though. He seems like a great guy and he didn't copy anyone.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Those router tips would make a train wreck look good. I wish I'd bought more of em.
I love the design of the Pulse. I like the innovation. Plus, the price is outstanding. Furthermore, unlike most reviewers, I think it was smart making it 22 mm.

I hope there's a v2 with smaller airholes, an overall shorter profile and an airflow design that doesn't require the coil to be on stilts to get good flavor. Hats off to Tony B, though. He seems like a great guy and he didn't copy anyone.

Why yes the pulse is a good atty,it would be great with a "cyclops: style airway.what makes them so good and very practical is consistent air across the entire coil

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Everyone has gone to all the multi wire coils and I do have some fused clapton and alien wire. I'm wanting to see what a basic single wire coil will do before I move on to the multi wire. Guess I'm a just a keep it simple guy until I have to throw in the kitchen sink.

I'm still a plain ol simple strand of wire kinda guy,i did try a bunch of different fancy smancy wire when they first came out , my socks didn't get blown off,not even a little slide down

that being said i am running 9wraps of 22ga ,comes in at .41
i did get some clapton the other day to give it a try out ,not expecting much

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Got mine today. I would compare af to the gorge with 1 hole and alot with both. Run 1 on mine seems best. Overall I like it. Got ss and it is very nicely machined and excellent looking.

Awesome - mine should be here tomorrow and I cannot wait to try this one out :D

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I got the Pulse and the COV Wraith Squonker Monday. A clapton coil at 0.53 and 27w has been a great vape. Two holes full and 2 holes half is the way I like it, still plenty airy with 2 halves. No matter what air setting you choose the Pulse is a flavor machine with this setup. I was sorta concerned when reviewers said you needed 80w+ with the Pulse that is not true its still a good at 15w to me with the right build. For one day of use I highly recommend the Pulse if like a medium to very airy draw. As far as the Wraith at the $60 price point it would be hard to find a better regulated squoker IMHO. The door opening is my only concern hope it holds up.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
So my Pulse22 arrived last night and it was definitely worth the wait. 9 Wraps of SS316 coming out at .64, running at 400 degrees. I am running 1 hole (each side) on the airflow.

Comparing this to the Hadalay (which was my go to with the InBox) there is more air then the Hadalay full open, but not a lot more. The Vape is smoother and the flavor is fuller but with less throat hit.

You do have to get the coils higher then you think so make the leads very long, put them in and then trim them down. I am getting the best performance with the coils just a little higher then the middle of the airflow.

I put it to the test with over squonking/leaking and so far it is true to the claims. Full bottle you can really press and no spillage.

I also have noticed that the flavor stays stronger longer between squonks then the Hadalay, but that could just be because of the added cotton that you need because the coil is so far off the deck.

I am definitely picking up a few more of these.

35135351305_c3a30437ed_z.jpg

gardenia_bread

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2015
I also have noticed that the flavor stays stronger longer between squonks then the Hadalay, but that could just be because of the added cotton that you need because the coil is so far off the deck.

how does the flavor retention and density compare to a dual coil rda?

looking for a squonk rda, and this seems like the most accessible one locally

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
how does the flavor retention and density compare to a dual coil rda?

looking for a squonk rda, and this seems like the most accessible one locally

Well that really depends on the RDA and the Build, so to compare it to the Tsunami 24 (Only Dual Coil BF RDA I have), I put the flavor as much better, but there is a lot more vapor with the Tsunami 24.

The flavor is very dense when compared to every single Coil RDA I have. The deck can support really large and complex builds. Check ou the Pulse22 instagram feed that Tony setup and you can see what people are putting in it (amazing coil art if your a fan). The coil in the pic I posted is a single strand SS316 26 gage at 3mm diameter. The Pulse can handle a lot bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread