Reactions: Heartsdelight

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Betwixt your ears lol. ;)

I've been vaping for 9 years now coming in 8 days. I've been vaping on a reo for most of that and have only shorted one 2 times.. last time inserting a metal drip tip that touched the post on a short rba.

You can never be too careful!

Very glad that negative spring is there for short protection on the reo!

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I've been vaping for 9 years now coming in 8 days. I've been vaping on a reo for most of that and have only shorted one 2 times.. last time inserting a metal drip tip that touched the coil on a short rba.

You can never be too careful!

Very glad that negative spring is there for short protection on the reo!
It was neant more jokingly, but true a safety never hurts.

Reactions: SteamStack

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Mooch will be taking a look at the "intelligent" button on the mod -- very much looking forward to his findings. From his FB page:

button.JPG

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Mooch will be taking a look at the "intelligent" button on the mod -- very much looking forward to his findings. From his FB page:

View attachment 686065

Thanks for the Mooch tip. The switch has been my main question about the mod, that and the spring loaded 510 which I generally avoid. Pretty sure I'm gonna hold off on ordering this until I see some hands-on reviews.

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Tony B posted the following about the switch:

View attachment 686105

Very interesting.

I thought the mod operated like a lot of the other plastic (and 3D printer) squonkers and clones like the Boxer, Frankenskull, and Floris mods - where the switch is not part of the circuit and doesn't carry any current. Looks like the switch in the Pulse mod is indeed in the circuit and subject to the full brunt of whatever current is drawn by the atty.

Actually, I am surprised by the design and the lack of a mosfet, which are commonly used to the do the heavy lifting and prevent the switch contacts from cooking. The Pulse mod must be using the mother-of-all switches.

Kind of takes the shine off this one... at least a little bit...but we'll see.

Reactions: TheWestPole

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Thanks for the Mooch tip. The switch has been my main question about the mod, that and the spring loaded 510 which I generally avoid. Pretty sure I'm gonna hold off on ordering this until I see some hands-on reviews.

Yeah, I blindly jumped on the wagon and didn't really look at the design before I pulled the trigger. It's not a lot of money, and I have faith in Vandy Vape to deliver an affordable and safe mod but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned at all about the design.

Reactions: TheWestPole

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Very interesting.

I thought the mod operated like a lot of the other plastic (and 3D printer) squonkers and clones like the Boxer, Frankenskull, and Floris mods - where the switch is not part of the circuit and doesn't carry any current. Looks like the switch in the Pulse mod is indeed in the circuit and subject to the full brunt of whatever current is drawn by the atty.

Actually, I am surprised by the design and the lack of a mosfet, which are commonly used to the do the heavy lifting and prevent the switch contacts from cooking. The Pulse mod must be using the mother-of-all switches.

Kind of takes the shine off this one... at least a little bit...but we'll see.
Good point. I noticed it myself. This switch weighs 7 pounds, or what?

Reactions: gpjoe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread