Purchase Question (What to get)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMike21

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
I'm divided between a subox Mini Kit and an Evic VT from Joytech (comes with eGo One Mega)

On one side I really want a Subtank Mini, on the other side other than the lack of a replaceable battery I get the feeling the Evic is a better mod. I could get the Evic now and just the tank later which might be more cost effective than getting the subox and later the Evic.

I don't know... I want a mod with variable W that will let me start trying al sorts of Atomizers

Help...

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
You practically can't make a bad decision between those two, IMO. Every mod has their quirks and little issues but if you're just looking for a mod that has VW capabilities and will allow you to try a variety of different builds, either will fit the bill.

Really the major difference is the temperature control capability with the Evic, which depending on who you ask, is a big deal. The difference between 50 and 60W on normal mode isn't huge, but temp control is obviously a big thing these days. I'm not 100% certain if the Evic-VT TC works as well as some other, higher-end TC devices but I haven't heard any major gripes. I know when they first came out, there was an issue running less than 30W on the evic wherein you'd get a burst of higher power at the start... not good. I am unsure if this has been fixed.

Here's the short answer: due to its temp control capabilities and slightly higher max wattage, the evic will allow you to try a greater range of atomizers than the Subox. If you can afford it and aren't too concerned about the >30W burst (which may have been fixed), I'd probably recommend doing that. However, the Subox is also a solid mod, 50W is totally decent, and the removable battery is attractive.

If you're relatively new to vaping, which it sounds like you are, either of those will be awesome.

Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
On the third hand, Kanger is about to introduce a 60 W TC Kbox. :D You may like that one, too.

http://sweet-vapes.com/apvs/aspire/kanger-kboxplat.html

Sorry for making your life even more complicated. :lol: I don't buy kits. I read and watch reviews and buy my mods and my toppers separately, BTW. I own a Subtank mini V2 but I didn't want the Kbox mini.

You may want to look at this thread--plenty of good information and reviews of different mods.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/little-itty-bitty-mods-under-100.640761/

Reactions: DavidOck

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I like the Kbox mini by the way it fits my hand and that it has a replaceable batt. Solid mod and I've had it since it's release - no issues at all. I'm not big on the Subtank but I'm one of the few.

I have the eVic VT and it is considerably bigger (wider and deeper) and while it is a good solid mod as well, the VTC mini also has the same TC capabilities, is smaller, has a replaceable batt and one is able to upgrade the mod if needed.

I use Eleaf GS Airs on all of them. M style on two and the 'Tank' style on the other.

I'll likely get two more Kbox minis when the new ones come in and at that point the VT and VTC mini will find another home.

Reactions: Katya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread