Status
Not open for further replies.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
I've had 2 newer model joyetech batteries fail for no apparent reason, one was an 1000mah twist about 6 months old, and the other was the 1000mah upgrade model only 3 months old.

Ive been using Smoktech Redux, then moved to Kanger T3 and now Kanger Evod...I tried all the tricks, gently raising the post, cleaning with alcohol Qtip, etc etc, the newer upgrade battery would just shut down and require plugging into the charger to reset, 6 puffs later just shut down.

Thank god I have a Kgo battery as another backup...it's been flawless for well over a year and works with anything you throw at it...just ordered another one.

Strange how it all works different for each of us. I use Joyetech Egos, 1x900, 2x650, and 1x350 for different occasions, all no problems 10 months running. Bought 2 Rivas on clearance about 6 months ago as spare back ups, first one cooked on the charger before I noticed, to the point button melted away, second charges fine but will not work with anything that connects to outside threads, just blinks fast and shuts down. 510 center conections no problem though. Strange huh???

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
I've had nothing but good luck and excellent service from genuine JoyeTech batteries. I have T's, C's, and Twists. I have a few that are still going strong at between 1 1/2 and 2 years. I treat my batteries with care, and they spend most of the time laying flat on a desk. I'm retired, so they don't go to work anywhere. I've even dropped several of them with no problems at all.

xyanide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
The Netherlands
I don't have high expectations of these eGo-type batteries, especially considering the strain they're put under by vaping. Be it knock-offs or genuine ones It seems that most last at least half a year, so just a few months is pretty bad. At that price point I can't really complain about their performance and life-cycle.
It's not a phone's battery that has decent regulation circuitry at a low drain, making it last 5-7 years.

GregoTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lewisville, TX
I've had many eGo batteries from the first generation to the 5 click to the twist and the upgrade. The only problem I've had with any of them is when I dropped one and the bottom cap popped out a little. Even then it worked, just had to stuff that cap back in and deal with a dent in my battery for awhile that made my setup look kinda funny. Frankly I am kinda surprised being that these are Chinese made, I expected to get a bum battery sooner or later. Looks like you got more than your share.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I've had 2 newer model Joyetech batteries fail for no apparent reason, one was an 1000mah twist about 6 months old, and the other was the 1000mah upgrade model only 3 months old.

Ive been using Smoktech Redux, then moved to Kanger T3 and now Kanger Evod...I tried all the tricks, gently raising the post, cleaning with alcohol Qtip, etc etc, the newer upgrade battery would just shut down and require plugging into the charger to reset, 6 puffs later just shut down.

Thank god I have a Kgo battery as another backup...it's been flawless for well over a year and works with anything you throw at it...just ordered another one.

That's the Upgrade protection circuits coming into play. You might want to be careful using that same clearo with your Kgo with no protection.

It's best to adjust the post on the clearo rather than the battery. You mess with the battery post, you've messed with the power connection and you might've opened that area to eliquid getting in and destroying things.

Either adjust the clearo, or use an adapter. The adapter is making up for the flaws in the clearo then, Not the battery.

Don't overtighten your battery to your clearo Or your charger, that'll push the post down and you'll forever have problems.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2012
    BELLE VERNON PA.
    That's the Upgrade protection circuits coming into play. You might want to be careful using that same clearo with your Kgo with no protection.

It's best to adjust the post on the clearo rather than the battery. You mess with the battery post, you've messed with the power connection and you might've opened that area to eliquid getting in and destroying things.

Either adjust the clearo, or use an adapter. The adapter is making up for the flaws in the clearo then, Not the battery.

Don't overtighten your battery to your clearo Or your charger, that'll push the post down and you'll forever have problems.

Well said r77r7r, :thumb:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I habe to strongly disagree. Everything is dependant on HOW you use them. They cost only $25, and I consider that good value for the money if they last me 6 months.However, I have 2 that are past that mark, and they just don't hold a charge as long.

Have you switched OHMs on your toppers? I noticed a change when I just go from 2.0 to 1.6 on my Boges. I know the DC's really put a damper on any battery, lol.

I never get to the end of a charge anymore. I keep Passthroughs plugged in a grab a new one every 3 hrs. lately.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    Considering what we're paying for this stuff in comparison to a carton of cigs I have no complaint at all if they fail after 6 months. I won't name names but some brands are performing better long term than others. YMMV.
    Just ordered a SS Vamo for $30...certainly not expecting it to be the "end all" but the price suited me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread