PURE JUNK...Joyetech Ego batteries !!

Discussion in 'eGo Type Models' started by TruSound, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TruSound

TruSound Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've had 2 newer model Joyetech batteries fail for no apparent reason, one was an 1000mah twist about 6 months old, and the other was the 1000mah upgrade model only 3 months old.

Ive been using Smoktech Redux, then moved to Kanger T3 and now Kanger Evod...I tried all the tricks, gently raising the post, cleaning with alcohol Qtip, etc etc, the newer upgrade battery would just shut down and require plugging into the charger to reset, 6 puffs later just shut down.

Thank god I have a Kgo battery as another backup...it's been flawless for well over a year and works with anything you throw at it...just ordered another one.

2. Beel Weelson

Beel Weelson Full Member

I have two ego c 1000mah batteries hopefully this doesnt happen to me!

3. Robin Macri

Robin Macri Super Member ECF Veteran

I have had bad luck with the joyetech ego c batts too.I love them when they work but they have only been lasting a couple months.I have some old riva batteries that are 2 and 3 years old!!!

4. KevinC2552

KevinC2552 Full Member

Strange how it all works different for each of us. I use Joyetech Egos, 1x900, 2x650, and 1x350 for different occasions, all no problems 10 months running. Bought 2 Rivas on clearance about 6 months ago as spare back ups, first one cooked on the charger before I noticed, to the point button melted away, second charges fine but will not work with anything that connects to outside threads, just blinks fast and shuts down. 510 center conections no problem though. Strange huh???

5. Tom10

Tom10 Super Member ECF Veteran

I've had nothing but good luck and excellent service from genuine JoyeTech batteries. I have T's, C's, and Twists. I have a few that are still going strong at between 1 1/2 and 2 years. I treat my batteries with care, and they spend most of the time laying flat on a desk. I'm retired, so they don't go to work anywhere. I've even dropped several of them with no problems at all.

6. Talyon

Talyon Vape 4 Life Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Yep like anything Anyone can possibly buy or acquire someone well always have a bad experience sooner or later.

7. xyanide

xyanide Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I don't have high expectations of these eGo-type batteries, especially considering the strain they're put under by vaping. Be it knock-offs or genuine ones It seems that most last at least half a year, so just a few months is pretty bad. At that price point I can't really complain about their performance and life-cycle.
    It's not a phone's battery that has decent regulation circuitry at a low drain, making it last 5-7 years.

8. AdamJ

AdamJ Full Member Verified Member

Daily use and reuse is really hard on any type of battery, that's why they don't carry a long warranty. I agree that for the price point the 6 month mark would be considered good.

9. Day

Day Senior Member ECF Veteran

Far from junk... sorry you've had a bad experience. Every Joye Ego I've bought is still functioning.... many many months later.

10. p-doze

p-doze Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

for something that costs $12-14, is used daily for several hours, and is rechargeable, i think they work great. think of how much $$$ you would have spent if you had to put two, fresh AA batteries in your device everyday for 3-6 months

11. cbfairbanks

cbfairbanks Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Knock on wood, but my Riva is still going strong!

12. JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Over 9 months for my Joyetech batteries and all is well :D

13. GregoTX

GregoTX Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I've had many eGo batteries from the first generation to the 5 click to the twist and the upgrade. The only problem I've had with any of them is when I dropped one and the bottom cap popped out a little. Even then it worked, just had to stuff that cap back in and deal with a dent in my battery for awhile that made my setup look kinda funny. Frankly I am kinda surprised being that these are Chinese made, I expected to get a bum battery sooner or later. Looks like you got more than your share.

14. Steve11973

Steve11973 Full Member Verified Member

I've been using Joye tec egos since I started my journey into the world of vaping. Although it's only been about a month they are working fine. I like their size, not too big. I'm still looking into a Evic or a Provari. :D

15. r77r7r

r77r7r Vaping Master ECF Veteran

That's the Upgrade protection circuits coming into play. You might want to be careful using that same clearo with your Kgo with no protection.

It's best to adjust the post on the clearo rather than the battery. You mess with the battery post, you've messed with the power connection and you might've opened that area to eliquid getting in and destroying things.

Either adjust the clearo, or use an adapter. The adapter is making up for the flaws in the clearo then, Not the battery.

Don't overtighten your battery to your clearo Or your charger, that'll push the post down and you'll forever have problems.

16. JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Well said r77r7r, :thumb:

17. trishdadish

trishdadish Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I habe to strongly disagree. Everything is dependant on HOW you use them. They cost only $25, and I consider that good value for the money if they last me 6 months.However, I have 2 that are past that mark, and they just don't hold a charge as long.

18. r77r7r

r77r7r Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Have you switched OHMs on your toppers? I noticed a change when I just go from 2.0 to 1.6 on my Boges. I know the DC's really put a damper on any battery, lol.

I never get to the end of a charge anymore. I keep Passthroughs plugged in a grab a new one every 3 hrs. lately.

19. Snowblind258

Snowblind258 Senior Member ECF Veteran

I ditched my ego, my first two 600 mah batteries lasted a year, than I went through 5 1000mah the next, threw it away and bought me a Provari lol

20. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Considering what we're paying for this stuff in comparison to a carton of cigs I have no complaint at all if they fail after 6 months. I won't name names but some brands are performing better long term than others. YMMV.
    Just ordered a SS Vamo for $30...certainly not expecting it to be the "end all" but the price suited me.

: provari, vamo, evic, evod
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.