Puresmoker Out of Business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaralouche

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Issaquah, WA
im ...... off

been a loyal customer since 2008 and now i feel like i got abandoned with no warning or even an email announcing the closure. i suppose i should have known when they closed their forum. they had a twitter account and didnt send a real tweet, just some vague blurb.

ive just spent the last 3 hours now looking for a place i can get my batteries and cartos. im fuming.

steve, you broke my heart!

JRudey

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Twin Cities
I am excited ...just got shipping notification for mine...BTW does anyone know how I can order a skin for the Legacy ? it is not a model listed with either company...what would work? I want to keep it looking good

My order was just "Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility" in Nashville a few minutes ago. Can't wait to see my $12.50 starter kit.

JRudey

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Twin Cities
At least they put the site back up so we could actually get our tracking #'s, that had me pretty ...... yesterday.

I was disgusted by that, too. Guessing they didn't have the right personnel onsite to reprogram the website to stop people from placing new orders. It sort of makes sense. A reputable business wants to ensure that they can fill everyone's order. Slamming on the brakes they way they did was pretty scary. I was reassured by responses I received via email.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
I agree, I too felt kind of abandoned, but who knows, if we were in the same position, we would have to do what we could to survive...

I have three of their mods, and I don't even know anyone to ask about their stuff, shoot I forgot what batteries the Icon' take, and I have two I have hardly used!

Actually I have 4 , a V1, V3, and two Icons...

Sigh..........

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Attempting to trade/sell outside of the classifieds

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I don't know any of the details of PureSmoker's decision, but let's be honest. This is an industry in its infancy. It's (at best) five years old.

There's going to be some consolidation. Some really good vendors are going to either close their doors or acquiesce to buyout proposals from others. There's nothing wrong with that. It's the evolution of business and it's been going on since Commodore Vanderbilt and Jay Gould locked horns over the route west.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
I don't know any of the details of PureSmoker's decision, but let's be honest. This is an industry in its infancy. It's (at best) five years old.

There's going to be some consolidation. Some really good vendors are going to either close their doors or acquiesce to buyout proposals from others. There's nothing wrong with that. It's the evolution of business and it's been going on since Commodore Vanderbilt and Jay Gould locked horns over the route west.

I agree...I mean look what happened to Blu...

JRudey

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Twin Cities

I assumed that the company PureSmoke didn't like having a company PureSmoker out there. Maybe PureSmoke made them a cash offer to stop doing business. If the domain name www..puresmoker..com suddenly starts getting directed to Puresmokeonline my hypothesis might gain some credibility.

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I am a bit worried about my orders 1 for a legacy and one for spare parts....USPS says the were delivered 2 days ago (NOT) and I am not getting any answer back from them to my email...both packages are insured enough to cover the purchases but THEY have to start the claims process...I guess I will wait a few more days and them contact my bank to do a chargeback.....Ticks me off this was to be my first MOD...I need and upgrade from my EGOS/EVODS....I have a protank sitting here awaiting

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
They did me wrong 4 years ago.:evil:

bolt.gif

bris1974

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Wyoming
I had two and just sold one... kept the one with the flat top. I have to say that the way they handled the situation was pretty pathetic. I believe they should have let people who have their devices know this was happening so we could stock up on spare parts.

yeah, I never got around to getting the flat cap, and now out of luck without warning... just not digging it with the stock top. bummer.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
I am a bit worried about my orders 1 for a legacy and one for spare parts....USPS says the were delivered 2 days ago (NOT) and I am not getting any answer back from them to my email...both packages are insured enough to cover the purchases but THEY have to start the claims process...I guess I will wait a few more days and them contact my bank to do a chargeback.....Ticks me off this was to be my first MOD...I need and upgrade from my EGOS/EVODS....I have a protank sitting here awaiting

I can understand as the USPS is not to be trusted anymore....

I had, have the same issue with a Provape order, which required a signature!

You need to file a complaint at USPS.COM!

And your bank reversing the charges is a great idea also!

I am not saying you will get anywhere but Puresmoker opened a shop in Nashville called VolVapor on 5th. Avenue, and they have a phone number listed.....

I hated to see Steve close, but it is what it is, none of us know what is going on in his life, so we cannot judge.

I wanted a Legacy, but really now it is more of a collectors item than a useful mod. As mentioned where will one get parts?

I have not visited VolVapor yet, but I plan to on my next visit to Nashville, as I am only 2.5 hrs. away....

I hope you get your mod!

I have a V1, 2 Icon', and 2 V3' and they are super durable and were really super high quality!

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
I assumed that the company PureSmoke didn't like having a company PureSmoker out there. Maybe PureSmoke made them a cash offer to stop doing business. If the domain name http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/www..puresmoker..com suddenly starts getting directed to Puresmokeonline my hypothesis might gain some credibility.

I don't think so, but possible.

In the many times I had actually talked with Steve he had high operating costs, but he was making a lot of money also!

I tend to think more on the side of other things mentioned in previous posts....

I have my own hunches but I will not share, as it is what it is, Puresmoker is no more!

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Attempting to trade/sell outside of the classifieds
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread