Purple Box Mods/Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitterBeerBear

Aug 11, 2016
DFW, TX
Hello guys/gals! I need your help. I'm looking to get my S.O. an electronic cigarette to help her quit smoking. She likes purple. She LOVES purple. So it's gonna HAFTA be purple. I don't want to get her a tube mod or an Ego style device. I would prefer for it to be a smaller box mod. Her sister has a purple Innokin CoolFire IV and it's nice, but I would prefer to get her something different. Do they make Pico's in purple? If they did that would be great. Anyway, something like that. This does NOT need to be a high power device. Just something with variable wattage. And I know what you may be thinking: "you shouldn't buy a device because of the color". And I would normally agree. But damn my girl realllllly likes purple :D

Same thing for a tank. Have you guys/gals seen any good tanks that come in the color purple? The tank doesn't necessarily need to be purple, it could be any color really. But her sisters tank doesn't "match" her box mod, lol. So if I could find a tank that "matched" the box mod, that would make her that much more happy, hahahaha... and that would give me some brownie points mwahaha.

Do any of you have any purple box mods/tanks that you could point me in the direction of?

Last edited:

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
It might be way over your budget, especially if this will be her first set, but a Provari radius comes in purple with silver metal, and topping with a Nautilus X tank in rainbow looks pretty good together. Unless you would like a purple Provari, you might want to save it for a vaperversary or holiday gift.

I like purple too, and for a less expensive mod, I would suggest the hot pink Pico kit, but you might need to try a different tank for MTL. The Nauti X will fit the Pico. I can make the Melo III work ok as sort of MTL, but I think it might be a bit much for a rookie vaper.

Some of the rainbow colored metals will tend towards purple and look nice with a dark purple mod. I've seen a few tanks with a rainbow option, but have only used my X's.

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
IMG_1185.JPG
""you shouldn't buy a device because of the color""
oh yessss you should, gotta be happy all around IMO. my hubby has been telling me all these years i shouldn't but, up to about a year ago, i still bought every purple device that came out anyways :)

my favorite and what i only use now is this concord purple radius with the kabuki tank, i spent an extra $10 in total to replace drip tip with a purple aluminum shorti tip that i prefer and replace the clear tank with a purple glass one.. it is a perfect beautiful purple setup to me but, unless $$ are not an issue, not sure spending that much on a first device for a new vaper is smart unless they are determined to give vaping a real shot i suppose.

there are some pretty nice looking purple wraps on amazon (and elsewhere i'm sure) for the pico and they come with wrap for some tanks too btw.

Inka

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2015
AZ
View attachment 608585 ""you shouldn't buy a device because of the color""
oh yessss you should, gotta be happy all around IMO. my hubby has been telling me all these years i shouldn't but, up to about a year ago, i still bought every purple device that came out anyways :)

my favorite and what i only use now is this concord purple radius with the kabuki tank, i spent an extra $10 in total to replace drip tip with a purple aluminum shorti tip that i prefer and replace the clear tank with a purple glass one.. it is a perfect beautiful purple setup to me but, unless $$ are not an issue, not sure spending that much on a first device for a new vaper is smart unless they are determined to give vaping a real shot i suppose.

there are some pretty nice looking purple wraps on amazon (and elsewhere i'm sure) for the pico and they come with wrap for some tanks too btw.

How do you like the Kabuki? It's a MTL correct, and uses the nauti coils? Is there much flavor difference between the Kubuki and Nautilus Mini? I want to get a Radius, but currently using the kanger sub mini and not sure how long battery life will last running around 25 watts. I have a couple of Nautilus mini tanks already, but haven't used for over a year when I went to sub ohm. It got to where I couldn't taste anymore on the nautilus tanks, so I quit using them.

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
How do you like the Kabuki? It's a MTL correct, and uses the nauti coils? Is there much flavor difference between the Kubuki and Nautilus Mini? I want to get a Radius, but currently using the kanger sub mini and not sure how long battery life will last running around 25 watts. I have a couple of Nautilus mini tanks already, but haven't used for over a year when I went to sub ohm. It got to where I couldn't taste anymore on the nautilus tanks, so I quit using them.

never used the nautilus mini. took phil's past advice on flavor being best (for non sub-ohm disposable coil tanks) in the kabuki or nautilus X and chose the kabuki over the X because i can use my own drip tips with it. i love it and it's the easiest hassle free tank i've used in a long time, ended up buying another..
yes, it's MTL and uses the nautilus mini coils...but, i personally hate those coils, flavor was muted a lot to me since my tastebuds can taste the cotton over most flavors (its not with just them, its with almost anything that uses cotton wicks). I instead use avid vaper's rebuilt nautilus cisco HH coils instead, they can be dry burned, reused multiple times and flavor is about 75% or so like is was when i used my favorite small chambered single coiled dripper. the triton minis also fit in kabuki too and had a lot better flavor than the NM's to me but, they did not work well for my preffered 7-8Watts but, would be better than the nautilus coils for higher wattage like yours i think..

my only complaint with it is that i need to twist glass tank a little (takes a second to do max) to make it wick my high vg juices faster but, usually i only need to do so when i somewhat chain vape and when weather is colder..

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Thank you everyone for all the great suggestions!

I really like the looks of that Radius, but yeah... that's a little out of my price range at the moment.

I had forgotten about those skins. Does anyone have experience putting those on? How difficult is it to get it lined up properly?
The IPV 6x comes in a really pretty brushed metal purple. I have one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread