Status
Not open for further replies.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I am planning to purchase a Magma rda for my Nemesis Clone i received from a friend. Would it be good enough to build a 1.7 ohm single coil on it and vape it at around 3.7 volts? I'm using a purple efest 20A battery and planning to use a 80/20 VG/PG mix.

Flavor should be unreal with a good coil and proper wicking. Let us know.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Your nemesis doesn't have VV. It is going to put out whatever the battery voltage is. A fully charged 18650 is going to be at 4.2 and will drop eventually to 3.7 and lower. At 1.7 ohm, this is going to be a very small amount of power.

It will work but, IMHO, is not going to be a very good vape. I think you need to build it lower. I would recommend something at least below 1 ohm to start out and then if you want more power, you can drop it lower.

Also, I think there are many RDAs that are better than the Magma. Magma is pretty old design by now. Many members here still love it, but I would recommend researching some of the other more recent RDA designs before you spend $120 if you were planning on buying authentic. Or, at least, just find a clone to see if you like it.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I am planning to purchase a Magma RDA for my Nemesis Clone i received from a friend. Would it be good enough to build a 1.7 ohm single coil on it and vape it at around 3.7 volts? I'm using a purple efest 20A battery and planning to use a 80/20 VG/PG mix.

That would be 30 gauge I believe

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
And how often you take smoke breaks. Most of my attys are built at .21 ohm. I usually take an extra battery to work with me. Occasionally, I change out the battery around lunch time. Sometimes I use the same battery until I get home from work, and then change it. I usually use vtc5 (2600mah), sometimes 25r (2500mah)... but they both last long enough for me.

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
How long should the battery last when vaping under 1 ohm?

I've been amazed with battery life on my mechs, honestly. I was getting a solid day and a half out of 1.1 ohms on the magma (often charging the battery at 3.8 volts just because).

Now I'm running airier RDA's around 0.4 and still not needing more than 1 battery per day; maybe a single change. I guess I vape less than I thought, even though the thing is always within arm's reach.

It really will depend on how much you vape, but it might surprise you; it surprised me.

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
I am planning to purchase a Magma RDA for my Nemesis Clone i received from a friend. Would it be good enough to build a 1.7 ohm single coil on it and vape it at around 3.7 volts? I'm using a purple efest 20A battery and planning to use a 80/20 VG/PG mix.
First of all welcome. Secondly you have come to the right place for great advice. U will surely get plenty of it....most good some not.

I highly advise that you spend some time on here reading all the great info on how to safely run mechanical mods and building rdas. If you have already great... if not you should check out baditudes blog here on ecf. It has a wealth of knowledge for beginners and experienced vapers alike.

And most of all don't be afraid to ask questions here. Lots of great folks here that would love to help you find your perfect vape.

OldtimeRocker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2014
N.H.
A magma is outdated what are they all of 4 month old now ? As far as your battery goes just make sure you use a 20Amp or better battery. then you can go down to .3 ohm safely. do reading and understand oms law. DL an app or 2 you can find some good oms law calculator. I run a magma on my nemmy 28gage dual coils 7/8 wraped around the small blue screw driver we get with a topper i think they are around 1.4mm they come out around .6-.7 ohms and get a flavor well above what the battery can handle. JOC IMHO is the best wicks but rayon is great as well.

Good luck and Vape On

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread