Question about mixing/adding e-liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still into the vaping world so I'm confused as too what nicotine mg's make up what etc etc. I've asked people and researched online but I can't make out whats what or tails end of some of the sites I see. My question is I started vaping e-liquids with 12mg Nic and I don't want to go over that much if I can help it, in fact my goal is to ween myself off nic all together. Anyway I had some e-liquid that was 6mg Nic and my sibling had the same flavor in 18mg Nic.. if I mix those both being there is only about 2.5ML left in each bottle what would the nic level outcome be? A friend sent me a calculator program but I use linux and couldn't get it to load. Also I am curious about if I add more liquid to liquid in my carto thats both 12mg will it remain 12mg or double to 24mg? Thanks for taking time to reading and hope I can find this out soon, for fear that i could be OD'ing myself on NIC lol.

Reactions: aeverinezinn

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Hi Rob,

You are smart to be very careful when mixing two or more juices together at various NIC levels. I just looked and none of the online ejuice calculators perform this function/calculation. The best tool and one that we all use in the DIY world is E Juice Me Up which runs under Windows but also has a version for Linux using Wine which I have never used since I'm a Windows geek. The Linux version info is here:

eJuice Me Up on Linux

The Windows version in case you have a friend who can install it and help you with the calculations at:

eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

I would NOT mix two or more juices until you have an experienced DIY geek perform the calculations for you. However using your example and assuming the same PG/VG mixes in each juice here it is:

Juice 1 is 6 MG and 2.5 ML 50/50 PG/VG
Juice 2 is 18MG and 2.5 ML 50/50 PG/VG

---> Mixing the two juices together produces 12 MG and 5.0 ML 50/50 PG/VG

These type of calculations can get far more complex especially if it's mixing three juices together and each one has a different PG/VG ratio.

These types of mixes should always be performed in a separate bottle/container and properly and clearly labeled. Then shake the mix vigorously for 30 seconds before you fill your tank. Mixing in a tank or a shot of this or that in a tank is an imperfect solution even though a lot of folks do it. It creates "pockets" of flavor which is not cool.

If your carto/tank already contains 12 MG juice then adding more 12 MG will not double the NIC to 24 MG. Of course I'm assuming that the PG/VG ratio is the same in this case. This is normally just a refill from the same "source" bottle you purchased from the vendor.

HTH

Last edited:

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
I agree with what SeniorBoy said for the most part.

If you're buying premade juices from a respectable vendor, then mixing them together shouldn't be a problem though. If all things are the same except the nicotine content, then mixing the two as equal parts will give you the same flavor, pg/vg ratio, and the nicotine content will be somewhere between the two.

In a perfect world, where everything was perfectly weighed and measured, adding a 10ml bottle of 6mg to a 10ml bottle of 18mg would result in 20mls of 12mg liquid.

Why? Because the 18mg rating means that there are 18mgs per ml of liquid. You can't change that number without adding nicotine, while at the same time you're adding volume to the entire equation. But since you're adding a lesser amount of nicotine, then that reduces the nicotine content of the final product. You can't get more that 18mg liquid without adding something significantly stronger.

Since this isn't a perfect world, mixing ~ equal amounts of 6mg and 18mg will net you with something in between, closer to the center probably.

When you're mixing two premade bottles, you can never get more than the highest of the two, and you'll never go lower than the lowest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread