AZ, USA
I think I had the same facial expression as this guy. :thumbs:

iJE8ptO.jpg

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Had one just a couple of days ago. Mindlessly vaping and wasn't paying attention to the liquid level.

It reminded me of lighting the wrong end of a cig. I've been vaping for over 4 years and I can honestly say, that is probably the second time I have ever had a dry hit. Both of them were the same way, mindlessly vaping and reading ECF LOL.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Dry hits are certainly not nice. But if you never get any dry hits you are not pushing the envelope trying for the very best vape you can get. Build new fancy coils and turn it up to see what the coils and wick can handle together. Can usually tell when a dry hit is on it way and stop vaping and figure out where you went wrong. My wicks never get more than a couple days in a coil. Got over 60 tanks and not a stock animizer I can not rebuild. I love the Atlantis style and clieto stock coils for rebuilding. But I prefer RDTA's. CHEERS!

Dan40

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2016
Being so new to vaping I've never had one.... yet. When I rewick I'm really careful and mindful of that happening with a poor wicking job.

However, I think it's bound to happen to me some time in the future.

I just hope I don't get a face like that guy above :p

You will never forget it and you will do anything to keep it from happening again.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Its been a Long time since i had one of the types you are talking about, back when i very first started and didnt know squat. Now because my wick is bigger then the whole replacement coil of the old things i started on i can taste when it gets low and i go oh .... i need to refil my tank. If i recall properly though it did make me gag back in the day, or when my wife forgot to turn her vaporizer off and we went to a field trip and she had it in the backpack and must have gotten fired many many times i had to replace the coils cotton and clean the tank to get that funk nasty taste out. that made me almost puke too but didnt burn the same as a dry hit did.

Reactions: Dan40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread